PDA

View Full Version : Masterforce: Is Technic lag a huge issue?

Darri
Jan 23, 2011, 10:28 PM
Hello all! My apologies if there's a topic on this already, but it's sort of been bugging me for a bit while I've been leveling technics:

I know that SEGA has disabled visuals for lvl 41+ technics to avoid lag and slowdown issues for players, although I'm a tiny bit concerned if it was truly affective. I ran a party in AZ and had 1 or 2 techers in it (take note I wasn't playing techer at that time), and I noticed some lag when rafoie I think was casted over my char. Ramegid from Gaozoran also had some nasty lag to it too, so if you put that within an actual techer scenario, you'll know what I'm talking about.

I want to point out first off that personally I don't mind lag when it comes from other player's technics, totally cool with it, although when it comes to myself causing lag to others, well I would kind of feel bad about it. :\ My techer has a long road to go until that day, but yea, it's been bugging me.

Is technic lag a huge issue on the Xbox360?

Thanks in advance :)

Ishia
Jan 23, 2011, 10:33 PM
SEGA shot itself in the foot when they tried to fix this. In a lot of cases (not all), LV41 spells cause significantly less SLOWDOWN (not lag) than their LV21 counterparts. An easy solution to this would to allow us to select what level technic we'd wish to see. However, SEGA is not fond of easy solutions.

Akumamaru
Jan 23, 2011, 11:04 PM
what sega should really do is create a patch so PSU can take advantage of the 360 hardware instead of being a PS2 port

Darri
Jan 24, 2011, 12:18 AM
Agreed...I was sort of expecting the Xbox360 version to be a bit better with handling graphical slowdowns. *shrugs*

pikachief
Jan 24, 2011, 12:31 AM
nope 360 is a direct port and a last minute one i believe :/

Midori Oku
Jan 24, 2011, 12:33 AM
IF you learn to play it right and know what techs you can use and when it is not a problem at all. I am not sure if you like to solo but MF is by far one of the best solo classes.

Note: I am (and a few Masterforces I know) able to keep up with 4th wave GAS JP masterforce times so it is not a bad class at all. :)

Darri
Jan 24, 2011, 01:25 AM
Mhm, I've seen one of your vids on youtube and was amazed. Looked up a few more players and I was very much inspired to get back into teching again, hehe.

I loved MF while I was on the PS2/PC servers, and I can see it's gotten alot better with GAS, so I definitely wouldn't mind building myself back up again.

I like soloing as well as partying, usually during events or GBR. I would say I was pretty decent in parties, no one ever complained or anything, but if there's some sort of skill to being even more effective (and party-friendly xD) I'm more than happy to learn. :)

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jan 24, 2011, 04:59 AM
Imo the bad techs are,.....
rafoie
ramegid
nos diga (although at 41 its not laggy at all but at 21 it is!!!)

Akaimizu
Jan 24, 2011, 07:19 AM
Yep. 360 was a last minute port. The hardware optimizations are almost nil. Simple trees breaking and flat polygon bushes should not cause slowdown on hardware that pulls off something like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter near launch. PC got by because you could throw enough hardware at it to overcome the lack of optimized code. To a degree, without going back to code optimizations, the tech fix was the easy way out.

Without even talking about techs, you know how much slowdown is on the 4th mission of this very own Neudiaz GBR run.

NiceOnes
Jan 25, 2011, 12:57 PM
Yep. 360 was a last minute port. The hardware optimizations are almost nil. Simple trees breaking and flat polygon bushes should not cause slowdown on hardware that pulls off something like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter near launch. PC got by because you could throw enough hardware at it to overcome the lack of optimized code. To a degree, without going back to code optimizations, the tech fix was the easy way out.

Without even talking about techs, you know how much slowdown is on the 4th mission of this very own Neudiaz GBR run.

Don't forget the SEGAC "fix" for that one!

"Just look at the ground to avoid the slowdown"

What a joke. Fix the fucking thing.

DPShiro
Jan 25, 2011, 01:05 PM
I was so bad (in my opinion) that i've deleted my MF and don't have a techer of any kind among my characters.

MillyB
Jan 25, 2011, 01:28 PM
Honestly the only way I play on my MF is solo. Even then there is still slowdown...

stark096
Feb 12, 2011, 04:19 PM
the problem is white beast. ramegid can knock out 5 opponents in about 10 sec. If your in the middle of it then you have problems.the solution is to either change spells or start a dark spell party.Sword users beware

BIG OLAF
Feb 12, 2011, 04:23 PM
SEGA shot itself in the foot when they tried to fix this. In a lot of cases (not all), LV41 spells cause significantly less SLOWDOWN (not lag) than their LV21 counterparts. An easy solution to this would to allow us to select what level technic we'd wish to see. However, SEGA is not fond of easy solutions.

I think something like that would be good. I had an idea of having a selector under the "Options" menu, in which you could toggle "Leveled TECHS On/Off".

Don't know if that would hard to program in, though.

FOkyasuta
Feb 12, 2011, 04:33 PM
Ugh, Dont remind me about this issue.

RemiusTA
Feb 13, 2011, 01:17 AM
Ahh. The "fix" that finally drove me over the edge with this game and made me quit.

Yeah, this game was really, really oddly done. The 21+ particle effects slapped the framerate way more than the 31/41 most of the time. IIRC, the real issue is that melee users couldn't see anything if there was more than one techer in the group.

Since you have to solo about 50% of your time as a force, i was always solo anyway. Its annoying, but i learned to get over it...