PDA

View Full Version : We may be getting some new info in April

Magitek_X
Jan 24, 2011, 11:19 AM
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/24/flying_get_d_style/

Dengeki Games has what looks like an interview regarding Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity.

One point mentioned in the interview is that the staff wanted to make Infinity instead of 3 because making 3 would have seen some major changes for the game world.

The interview also reveals that Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC) is far along in development. We can expect an announcement of some form in April. The last we heard of the game was back at TGS.

GCoffee
Jan 24, 2011, 12:28 PM
....April.....?

Ow man :no:

darkepyonuk
Jan 24, 2011, 12:58 PM
wahay more news :)

Ithildin
Jan 24, 2011, 01:14 PM
Patience my friends.

MAXrobo
Jan 24, 2011, 04:24 PM
at least we have some sort of date to look forward to. it will be here before you know it :-D!

Heartz
Jan 24, 2011, 05:46 PM
I rather them not give an expectancy date. :/

At least progression is being made.

Kenbog
Jan 24, 2011, 06:17 PM
The interview also reveals that Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC) is far along in development. We can expect an announcement of some form in April. The last we heard of the game was back at TGS.

Isn't that a little early to be far in development? I mean they said they only started working on it since September :x
Doesn't game-development take a little more time to make then this?
I hope this doesn't mean something bad...

Anyway I am glad to hear more about it, looking forward to that month :)

Ezodagrom
Jan 24, 2011, 09:19 PM
Isn't that a little early to be far in development? I mean they said they only started working on it since September :x
Doesn't game-development take a little more time to make then this?
I hope this doesn't mean something bad...

Anyway I am glad to hear more about it, looking forward to that month :)
It was only announced on September, but probably they were working on it long before the announcement, who knows how long they've been working on it...

Zyrusticae
Jan 24, 2011, 09:43 PM
Most game companies do NOT announce their games just as they start the development phase. I don't even know where you got that idea, it's pretty absurd.

Hell, look at Blizzard games. They announce two years before the release date but the games have actually been in development for at least two years prior to the announcement.

Anyways, looking forward to some actual info on this... and maybe some screenshots... and maybe even some videos. That'd be nice.

Kenbog
Jan 25, 2011, 11:51 AM
Most game companies do NOT announce their games just as they start the development phase. I don't even know where you got that idea, it's pretty absurd.

Well they where still hiring people for the team of developers at november 4th you mostly do that before you start to make the game.
Link:
http://www.pso-world.com/news/02334-sega-japan-hiring-three-developers-phantasy-star-online-2
Also people like to confuse me with these things...

Corey Blue
Jan 29, 2011, 08:30 PM

Hell, look at Blizzard games. They announce two years before the release date but the games have actually been in development for at least two years prior to the announcement.

Anyways, looking forward to some actual info on this... and maybe some screenshots... and maybe even some videos. That'd be nice.
Hate to say it but it looks like SEGA might not deliver this time,why would they need to hire anyone if the game is so far in development? We'll see ,the first gameplay video will decide if I stay or not.(Then it's time to bury my childhood for good.)

MoonlightMyau
Jan 30, 2011, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the information. April isn't THAT far off I guess.

This reminds me of waiting on PSU information. Does anybody remember how long before PSU came out that we got the character creation demo? Something like that again would be nifty.

Jinketsu
Jan 30, 2011, 03:42 PM
Capcom is doing a similar 'join the developers' tactic with Mega Man Legends 3. So-to-speak, anyway. I'm sure they're much more closed-off with the actual development than Capcom is, and I'm sure they've been working on (if nothing else) the complete direction they want to go with the game.

I'm pumped for April! I won't get my hopes up, but I'm sure they're going to have some sort of psych tactic before E3 to have the crowd at their booth for the bigger reveals.

Though that's just my assumption.

NoiseHERO
Jan 30, 2011, 06:06 PM
I'm just hoping this game will be big enough for the mainstream game crowd to actually bring it up more than once... (Channels like G4TV)

It's sad that the only asian MMO people ever think at the top of their head is final fantasy, and maybe aion nobody ever even likes those mmo's...

Zyrusticae
Jan 30, 2011, 11:43 PM
Hate to say it but it looks like SEGA might not deliver this time,why would they need to hire anyone if the game is so far in development?
Oh, please, they could easily be working on things that don't need those particular individuals, like the game engine and art assets (both of which often take the most development time to reach completion). Game development isn't an all-or-nothing process, people.

Chaobo99
Jan 31, 2011, 01:41 AM
Oh, please, they could easily be working on things that don't need those particular individuals, like the game engine and art assets (both of which often take the most development time to reach completion). Game development isn't an all-or-nothing process, people.

This.

AT least they weren't asking for artists, writers, and graphic designers. And maybe they already had those jobs but need more to keep up with their set time for further unveiling/estimated release, etc.

Though, asking for a planner that late is a bit eh...

Arkios
Jan 31, 2011, 05:25 PM
This.

AT least they weren't asking for artists, writers, and graphic designers. And maybe they already had those jobs but need more to keep up with their set time for further unveiling/estimated release, etc.

Though, asking for a planner that late is a bit eh...

If you look at the job descriptions you'll notice that the "Planner's" role is to plan and draw up documents for ONLINE game content. More than likely this individual would probably work on additional quests/updates/etc. that would come along after the release of the game.

Heck, Blizzard (World of Warcraft) has had openings for similiar positions in the past even though the game has been out for years.

I wouldn't read too much into this as being any indication of how far along the game is in development.