PDA

View Full Version : Mission Cake Shop Drama >:[

Bashin
Jan 26, 2011, 02:19 PM
Hello! How many runs have you guys been doing to find the cake shop? I've just been doing runs on hard, might as well get some exp for my FOnewearl, I've been going to the right areas, I've even read those little green pop up messages about how it's somewhere, and I clear every spot on map! And yet I still haven't found it!!!!:-x I'm happy the first time i did I got the compress pa and the cool title, but i need to complete that mission again on normal @__@ Am I doing something wrong or am I just very unlucky? Thanks for reading!

Mustache
Jan 26, 2011, 02:27 PM
It seems some people are just unlucky when it comes to the Cake Shop. I'm Lvl 97 with my main and still have not gotten the event. I think odds of it popping up are somewhere around 1/50 per run. But sometimes the odds are against you.

Akaimizu
Jan 26, 2011, 02:37 PM
Don't ask. I found my first Cake shop, in the US version maybe about a month or so in.

However, that's after I played the Japanese version to it's near end game without seeing it once.

I do think spamming specific places does help. Sticking with places with a cake shop chance. I was able to find all of my cake shop appearances in the Swamp level.

Bashin
Jan 26, 2011, 02:43 PM
I don't know how many times I've done the swamp but i just keep doing it on hard mode anyways, spamming fire attacks with buffs on is easy exp at my lowbie lvl, also got the rod that was better than the gallanhorne so i'm happy lol but gah hate this cake shop thing, it's the last mission i need to get the cleared 15 different missions on normal mode

Chaos Rappy
Jan 26, 2011, 03:43 PM
Give up just looking for the cake shop and try finding other things in the areas that spawn it. IT only has a 2% chance of appearing, so the less you think about it, the better your odds of finding it, ironically, is how it always seems to be.

Bashin
Jan 26, 2011, 06:14 PM
yeah i should probably move on but i dunno.. i'm persistent lol can't give up :-o

Tigus
Jan 26, 2011, 10:01 PM
I cant seem to find it as well still looking I wish I could just beat some realy hard boss and it just pops up, oh well lol.

Syre
Jan 27, 2011, 12:59 AM
I've yet to find one and look at my join date. ;D

Eventually had to trade for my compress PA

Broken_L_button
Jan 27, 2011, 01:01 AM
Rare stuff in PS games are shy little creatures. Look away and they'll silently creep up on you.

Bashin
Jan 27, 2011, 08:23 AM
Wow, I'm very much greatful that i was lucky enough to find the mission and beat it on hard mode:-P I believe Tigus and I played online lastnight, i was that bad FOnewearl that kept disconnecting, funny thing was after i dc'd twice, i had perfect connection shortly after, kept running into a guy called Dracula :-o He was awesome

Mustache
Jan 30, 2011, 08:44 PM
Did you find it online? I thought the shop was an offline only event.

Bashin
Feb 7, 2011, 07:12 PM
oh no i didn't find it online, was just rambling about my random online adventures lol

Mustache
Mar 3, 2011, 06:18 PM
I give up, the cake shop is just too eluding, after my set of runs today I just figured it's not for me. Lucky Pokemon White/Black and A Wise Man's Fear both come out this week so I'll have something to fill in the hole. Whelp, I'm going to take an extended break from the game to play//read something that will give me some more rewarding playing.^.^

FluffyFox
Mar 3, 2011, 08:28 PM
I give up, the cake shop is just too eluding, after my set of runs today I just figured it's not for me. Lucky Pokemon White/Black and A Wise Man's Fear both come out this week so I'll have something to fill in the hole. Whelp, I'm going to take an extended break from the game to play//read something that will give me some more rewarding playing.^.^

heck yeah pokemon b/w, me and my gf are getting copies on the release day :3

Windancer
Mar 3, 2011, 08:58 PM
I dont know if this has nything to do with finding the cake shop but the 2 times I found it I was on the quest the mayors request or something like that but I was on a quest both times. Search every room you can. Also a great online game is Blue Dragon Awakened Shadows I highly recommend it.

Sinue_v2
Mar 3, 2011, 10:50 PM
I've only seen the Cake Shop a total of about six times in roughly 200 hours. Never seen the Pizza Shop.

Mustache
Mar 3, 2011, 11:41 PM
I've seen the cake shop zero times out of roughly 250 hours...>.>

Chaos Rappy
Mar 4, 2011, 01:01 AM
Took my FOnewm 300 until I found Pizzeria the first time, so you both can't complain (about 100 hours later was bakery for me; ran DS a lot, hence finding pizzeria first).

FluffyFox
Mar 4, 2011, 01:45 AM
I think it took me about 50 hours to find the pizza shop, but I have yet to find the cake shop... which unfortunately also has a much better prize (PA compress) :(

Running ozette on normal takes roughly 10 mins scouting every spot on the map, and supposedly it's a 2% chance per run, so on average 50 runs right? So one should find the cake shop every 500 mins if doing straight ozette runs... that's only 8 hours of effort. Why is it so damn hard to find, then? I mean obviously a lot of people don't rush normal (Maybe do hard for more exp) and they probably do more than just rushing ozette to break the monotony, but, you think it shouldn't take the 100, 200, 300+ hours y'all are listing :/