PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 psp freezing

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 27, 2011, 12:00 AM
Is there anything in this game known for causing the psp to freeze? two days in a row now I've had it occur which I had never before so its starting to make me a little worried.

Mike
Jan 27, 2011, 12:03 AM
Bugs will cause your game to freeze. I've never, not once had PSP2 freeze on me though that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. If you're using CFW, it's more likely a plugin conflict.

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 27, 2011, 12:11 AM
nope, its OFW. I didnt have problems until recently but I really hope it isnt my psp starting to frizz on me...

Jorry
Jan 27, 2011, 12:13 AM
I remember there being a glitch that froze people's PSP's a while back when the game just came out. Something about certain levels on certain ranks...

Wayu
Jan 27, 2011, 01:10 AM
My PSPgo froze a once when switching offline from Infrastructure.

-Wayu

Fayorei
Jan 27, 2011, 01:19 AM
How old is the PSP? It's probably just some flukes. I haven't had a freeze yet, but I imagine it happens sometimes.:x

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 27, 2011, 01:24 AM
The only time I remember my game freezing on me was when I was running the Download Missions. Or my Install Data was corrupted. You could always try re-installing the Install/Download data.

d19xx
Jan 27, 2011, 01:42 AM
- Signal fluctuation when connected via wifi could cause memory leaks and results in crashes. (eg. Intermittent connection from your isp, or signal interruption from your router, LAN switch getting toggled accidentally)

- Getting disconnected while data is loading or saving could also cause a crash or worst corrupt your save data or the whole stick.

- Multiple or excessive data exchange usually causes long pauses when in multiplayer mode, but on occasion it may also cause crashes, specially if you're running the game on umd...

To me the game crashes 50% of the time if I run out of battery during online/multimode. Not really a problem, but running out of juice when the game is loading or saving is most likely to corrupt your save or the whole stick...

Silver_Wyrm
Jan 27, 2011, 01:59 AM
both crashes offline, while in missions fighting. Always plugged in so no battery problems. Probably my psp then...

Bovrillor
Jan 27, 2011, 09:54 AM
Almost certainly your PSP... though if you have the PSN version (as opposed to UMD) a re-install is definately worth a shot. It won't endanger your save data so there's nothing to lose by trying.

Wayu
Jan 27, 2011, 10:18 AM
PSP froze just now, when disconnecting from Infinity online mode.

-Wayu

Bovrillor
Jan 27, 2011, 11:56 AM
The only thing that's ever frozen my PSP is LittleBigPlanet... and that's a hideous bug-ridden sh*tbiscuit of a game.

funkyskunk
Jan 27, 2011, 12:02 PM
I used to get a load of freezes. I bought a new MS and it fixed everything. I did have a fake MS though.

I think there is a problem with Infinity and memory. I think the PSP is running pretty much maxxed out so you may get better success with 6.20 TN/C on a PSP that has more memory (all others except phat). It's probably that screenshot feature hogging a bunch of allocated memory.

Fthawe
Jan 27, 2011, 07:43 PM
I thought the freezing was because of overheating.

Bovrillor
Jan 27, 2011, 07:58 PM
I thought the freezing was because of overheating.

Shouldn't be... I guess it could happen in a defective PSP. It's almost always down to corrupted installs, bad or unofficial memory cards, or being LittleBigPlanet.

No doubt CFW would cause issues too, but I steer clear of that kinda thing.

Fthawe
Jan 27, 2011, 08:01 PM
But I just play for like 6 hours and it stops.

Fayorei
Jan 27, 2011, 09:38 PM
PSP froze just now, when disconnecting from Infinity online mode.

-Wayu

Was your battery low? The freezes suck.:( I haven't gotten any thus far on PSP2 or 2i, but I don't play as much online as a lot of people here. I have, however, gotten one during Gitaroo Man on the PSP.

-Play WiFi mode with PSP plugged in- I hate how much of a battery hog the PSP can be, but I bought my copies of PSP2i(from Playasia) as UMD (dunno how to work around Japanese credit card, don't care to), and PSP2 as a UMD since I didn't even know it was on the PSN since I got a PSP just for the game and never used the PSN much. I think running off a memory stick is probably less intensive and easier on the battery than WHIRRR WHIRRR WHIRRRR. :P

If it is Infinity though... I hope they fix that!