PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Forces

Vampireking25_2
Jan 30, 2011, 09:01 PM
Okay so, I've played a Force class since PSO.
It just seems like they're under powered in PSP2.

My main is a level 74 Newman force.. But he's just so squishy in A rank open missions. Usually when I'm online or playing with friends, I just throw on support Techs on my Rod, and the support Abilities. But.. that isn't too fun. I'd rather be in the action.

Don't get me wrong, Forces are neat to play as.. but it just seems like every other class outdoes them. My Cast Ranger can fly through missions no problem, it just seems like my Force takes forever.

Anyone else ever feel like this? Maybe some of you higher level forces can guide me through these lower levels.

Thanks in advance.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 30, 2011, 09:41 PM
Train as a braver. See below for tips:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2454442&postcount=1

Then read this next post:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2527428&postcount=11

Which should give you an idea of what techs are good for what.

Aside from this, wait for Infinity. Forces received a massive buff in the sequel.

RAmarl Star
Jan 30, 2011, 09:51 PM
I've noticed the same thing my newman force. The missions take a much longer time to go through than when I use my ranger or hunter. The best advice I can offer is to get your technic levels high and better equipment to take down enemies faster while on missions.

Vampireking25_2
Jan 30, 2011, 09:53 PM
Train as a braver. See below for tips:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2454442&postcount=1

Then read this next post:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2527428&postcount=11

Which should give you an idea of what techs are good for what.

Aside from this, wait for Infinity. Forces received a massive buff in the sequel.

And a Braver is...?

Crystal_Shard
Jan 30, 2011, 10:03 PM
My bad. I'm a jp version player, so typed that too fast.

Vanguard is the term I should have used.

RAmarl Star
Jan 30, 2011, 10:04 PM
In the Japan version of the game, vanguard's are called bravers. They are basically a mixture of all the classes

pso_crash
Jan 30, 2011, 10:30 PM
It is a fact;forces are not killing machines in this version of PS. They are too slow to build large chains, making them problematic for doing high damage. Once they get into S rank I think their potential begins to shine. They just don't shine as bright when soloing.

Kirukia
Jan 31, 2011, 02:11 AM
As Crystal_Shard said, wait until Infinity. Forces are able to chain, cast quicker, and block with rods (but only if the 2nd half is empty of techs).

It's much easier to solo then :p They are still squishy but that's all part of the class.

Vampireking25_2
Jan 31, 2011, 06:54 AM
Alrighty, Thanks guys.

Appreciate the help. c:

Wavemaster Elk
Jan 31, 2011, 07:06 AM
Sadly FO were screwed over in this game. Im a level 136 newman FO and basicly we are kinda stuck playing support. What i did was use vanguard for offline and FO online its basicly all you can do. As others have said tho in infinity they are back to how they should be thank god.

funkyskunk
Jan 31, 2011, 10:28 AM
I got by on PSP2 by using RAdiga as my main tech for chaining (plenty of range and hit area) then finish off with the RA tech that the enemy you are fighting is weak against. Also, I would suggest getting yourself burst bomber as it makes a huge difference for normal traps. A couple of well-placed traps can clear a spawn in no time.

Consider getting twin sabers as part of your arsenal. You can actually clear quite a few stages using just twin sabers then utilise your techs on the boss. There are also some great incap rifles in the game, well worth considering for a bit of distance chaning when RAdiga is just not helping you much. If you are using an extend code on a weapon that cannot be given the same element boost (i.e. :ice: weapon, no empower ice available) then empower Earth so your chaining is doing more damage. you may even want to get yourself the Earth hi-speed for faster chaininig aswell.

Not everyone wants to know that they need to buy another game (infinity) to appreciate their force. I think we should get out of this mentality of "wait for inifinity"

Mystic_Nessly
Jan 31, 2011, 10:41 AM
Not everyone wants to know that they need to buy another game (infinity) to appreciate their force. I suggest we get out of this mentality of "wait for inifinity"

I have to agree with you on that. For all we know, that game may not even be released outside Japan.

Anyway, my favortite class to use is usually Newman force as well. You're not alone in thinking forces were gimped in this game. Undoubtedly, their emphasis has been shifted to support.

Regardless, forces can still be fun to use. They'll really only shine in parties with other players who will be doing more melee action, though.

As others have suggested, play as Vanguard for a while to level up and gain the awesome type abilities that class offers. It has some of the best abilities, PP ones being especially useful for a force such as:
-Burst Bomber
-PP High Boost
-PP Restore Rate
-Rare Item Boost
-Professional

Playing as Vanguard, collect some decent equipment and high level magic discs to make the transition into Force not so drastic.

For reference, here is a link that lists all the abilities each class can learn (and at which levels):
http://psp2.psupedia.info/Type_abilities

Mugaaz2
Jan 31, 2011, 12:55 PM
Professional does absolutely nothing, and even less for a Force. Rare Item boost is available on force as well. Burst Bomber is worth picking up, PP+ abilities are ok, but between EXP boost and Rare boost I never have enough slots for them.

Jorry
Jan 31, 2011, 05:52 PM
Professional does absolutely nothing, and even less for a Force.

It lessens the "snag" of your weapons on enemies, effectively increasing your attack speed, so I've heard...

Ryd
Jan 31, 2011, 06:27 PM
It reduces hit-stop and increases cancel windows. Essentially, there's a slight increase in attack speed when hitting things, you can land perfect attacks a little sooner/easier, and block earlier in some cases. Mileage seems to vary with weapons used though.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 31, 2011, 08:52 PM
Consider getting twin sabers as part of your arsenal. You can actually clear quite a few stages using just twin sabers then utilise your techs on the boss. There are also some great incap rifles in the game, well worth considering for a bit of distance chaning when RAdiga is just not helping you much. If you are using an extend code on a weapon that cannot be given the same element boost (i.e. :ice: weapon, no empower ice available) then empower Earth so your chaining is doing more damage. you may even want to get yourself the Earth hi-speed for faster chaininig aswell.

Not everyone wants to know that they need to buy another game (infinity) to appreciate their force. I think we should get out of this mentality of "wait for inifinity"

If anyone assumed that my advice was simply to buy Infinity when it comes out, that would have been quite off the mark anyway. XD

Quite simply, Force players need a lot more investment in vanilla PSPo2, and that includes training till at least class level 10 in a number of other classes. Not only will this give you a slew of useful class abilities, this will also allow you to amass vital techs that you will need to survive as a Force player.

For newmans who thrive on high evade, twin daggers are one of the best weapon types to use. As I recall, they add additional EVP, and unlike twin sabers, do not leave you slightly open to counter-attacks during the pauses between attacks.

Crimson The FOmar
Feb 1, 2011, 12:14 PM
and that includes training till at least class level 10 in a number of other classes. Not only will this give you a slew of useful class abilities, this will also allow you to amass vital techs that you will need to survive as a Force player.

Many times this, you get so many useful abilities you can use, Burst Bomber from Vanguard/Braver 7, EVA boost from Ranger 4, Elemental Hit from Ranger 8, you'll have all the status protects by lvl 10 in all classes (including the IMMENSELY useful Freeze Protect at Hunter 10)

basicly we are kinda stuck playing support

Well, this is kinda true depending what race you're playing as, Newman Forces can just about do DPS. The Female Cast Force I'm playing as however can do some damage with Noszonde/Diga on the relevant empower element wands/staffs or twin handguns, but shes mostly relegated to being a Resta/Giresta bot :-P Luckily I love the responsibility of playing support online :-P
Despite folks crying out over and over again "Oh, Exusia Fluge invalidates a Forces Buffs!", in my experience you'll find a force, whatever your playstyle, will always be welcome in online parties ^^

Flash Ranger
Feb 1, 2011, 12:19 PM
I very rarely see and players using a force character. I think I saw one last week but that was the first time I'd seen one in a long time. But like was said above they are mostly support roles. Most of them cast the buff technics but I played with one really good one who had several high lvl techincs and was using them quite effectively. Of course I helped him out by building up the chain for him.

Twin handguns rock for that.

pso_crash
Feb 1, 2011, 01:03 PM
Yea, if forces could build their own chains they wouldn't be such a scrub class in PSPo2. The game mechanics function against forces in just about everything they do.

Vampireking25_2
Feb 1, 2011, 08:40 PM
Yeah, But I don't usually play online with random people.
I just stick with my cousin who is a Beast/Hunter and the same level as me.

I keep him Buffed and Alive.. and he deals the damage. c: