PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU What's the economy like?

Nereid
Jan 31, 2011, 01:48 AM
Really thinking about switching over to JP, already made an account and everything, just need to buy a key. How is the economy over on that side? Is it going to be really hard to build up a palette there? Probably going to recreate my CAST and play Acrofighter and Fighmaster, perhaps Acrotecher, too.

Also, I don't mind playing with people I can't understand, but do JP players mind when US players join their open parties?

Edit: Also, if anyone has any general tips for playing on the JP servers, maybe what missions to play, how to make money to start with, what items would be economical/good for my Fighmaster, etc. I'd appreciate it. I planned on avoiding GC and paying the monthly fee, since I'm already paying for the Xbox game.

Vent
Jan 31, 2011, 05:00 AM
Let's see..I've been playing on JP server for a month now, so I kind of know the situation for starters.

Depending on what your definition of a 'palette' is, but getting a whole palette of random S-ranks is dirt cheap. Because of that you could probably only make some money out of your personal shop with high elemental synths or high level items that only drop from S3 missions. Of course, GC clothes too, but you're avoiding that.
Just pick up all the meseta and junk at the start, NPC them and you'll get your decent palette in a flash.

About their players, I've barged in quite some of their parties myself. Luckily, I do understand some Japanese, but I doubt they really care. They really don't talk that much to each other during missions, except the usual 'Hello', 'Congratulations' sort of things. If you feel uncomfortable, just look up how you say 'I don't understand Japanese' in Japanese and you'll be fine. :-P

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 31, 2011, 05:27 AM
The economies very very good. The amount of players on JP PSU is huge, even though they must have lost alot to PSP etc etc. Still things are cheap...very cheap. It's dififcult to put into perspective. hmm like an LKK when I bought it was a few hundred thousand. A decent % agito was less than 20 mil. There's still super rare stuff liek red knight or some such but still most things are so much cheaper than Xbox or the old EU PC servers. Errm Guld Mill would be around 20 mil. Still i'm going from prices when I joined which was maybe half a year ago now. i played for a few months and got bored after I got everything I wanted : /

But yeah free course as a taster can't hurt, but obviouls yyou asking about the economy would mean going to a subscription account first, which isn't a bad thing :D

I guess check the guardians training group as they help people on JP PSU and are active a lot of the time so that'll help. Errm MAG2 for good exp or GC runs if you want to buy GC, if not you could always do some GC runs with me for quick levelling?

After the adjustment or memorising menu commands etc you get past the language barrier and it doesnt become such a problem :)

Tifa

str898mustang
Jan 31, 2011, 08:13 AM
I'd say the economy is pretty fair. Psycho 10/10's go for around 60mil'ish.

The difference in price of a 40% to a 41% weapons is pretty huge.

XbikXBd
Jan 31, 2011, 09:28 AM
I'd say the economy is pretty fair. Psycho 10/10's go for around 20mil'ish.

The difference in price of a 40% to a 41% weapons is mother******* huge.

fixed

Nereid
Jan 31, 2011, 11:55 AM
Heh, yeah I figured that, but I really have nothing against 40% versus 42%+.

Also, are Axes really needed now that Tornado Break seems so powerful? Or would I just need Spears/Spears/Double Sabers/Swords?

str898mustang
Jan 31, 2011, 12:32 PM
Heh, yeah I figured that, but I really have nothing against 40% versus 42%+.

Also, are Axes really needed now that Tornado Break seems so powerful? Or would I just need Spears/Spears/Double Sabers/Swords?

Axes are still useful specially if you can one shot the enemies with Jabroga but in reality, Jabroga is the only useful Axe PA now.

Nereid
Jan 31, 2011, 01:34 PM
Ok, guess I can't escape re-leveling Jabroga lol.

Just a random question, browsing new weapons on psupedia, are there any new spears that have the radius a Gekitsnata does? Some of the new ones seem pretty long. Also, someone mentioned using GC Clothes to make money...like playing the Gatcha?

unicorn
Jan 31, 2011, 02:39 PM
Yeah for the most part, items are pretty cheap. I, for one, never pay much for hunter equipment, so I was happy to find that most 35-38% items are pretty affordable.

Actually, the things worth the most are usually female GC clothing, those rare sabers, legendary swords, and masterforce rods.

Vent
Jan 31, 2011, 02:50 PM
Actually, the things worth the most are usually female GC clothing, those rare sabers, legendary swords, and masterforce rods.

True, not without basis. I dare anyone to go in there and count the amount of male and female characters passing in front of your nose. :D

Simple rods like Halarod and Kazarod are still pretty cheap.

Nereid
Jan 31, 2011, 04:48 PM
Yeah I heard female clothing that makes your character look like a loli is pretty popular, lol. Oh well, have a male CAST now, probably not going to make a female on JP :P

Nereid
Jan 31, 2011, 06:15 PM
Uh oh, went to log in to buy my game key and there's a captcha with Japanese characters. Here's the image:

https://charge.isao.net/profile_oem/authimage/authimg.cgi?id=a6c5bbf77e477996984f7972e71412a8&no=0&pn=psu

How do I make these?

Vent
Feb 1, 2011, 04:07 AM
I can't open it. But you probably mean the security characters that you need to enter.
If you have Japanese input enabled, you should be able to type it along with a hiragana chart and katakana chart (look it up somewhere online).

Nereid
Feb 1, 2011, 01:27 PM
Tried my hardest, but it's a bit too distorted for me to really see. I took a screen cap and uploaded it so this one should be visible. If anyone knows these, I'd greatly appreciate it.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1861/44903964.png

indescribably
Feb 2, 2011, 09:49 PM
Hi, I'm Odessa. anyway, that image contains hiragana and katakana

モ (katakana) mo
セ (katakana) se
ム (katkaana) mu
ぬ (hiragana) nu
む (hiragana) mu

セ and セ are similar in both hiragana or katakana. I can't tell the difference, so I went with katkaana. Good luck. Need any more PM me.

Crysteon
Feb 2, 2011, 10:39 PM
If you still have problems with hiragana and katakana chars, you should try using some charts to look for the characters. Here are some charts that might help you for a while:

http://www.easyjapanese.org/kana_chart_img.html