PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

oG Epik
Feb 1, 2011, 06:53 PM
Or is grinding alot more difficult than it should be? on full luck grinding a s rank the last 2 are 50/50?!?!?

Ishia
Feb 1, 2011, 06:54 PM
The system is broken, but it would also be a lot more broken if everyone had 10/10 weaponry, wouldn't it?

Tetsaru
Feb 1, 2011, 09:04 PM
The grinding system on PSU has always been retarded. Just be glad you don't lose your weapon entirely like in the pre-AotI days when the grind fails...

I don't see how Sonic Team went from PSO's simple system of:

Find a Mono-/Di-/Trigrinder as a rare item
Use the grinder on a weapon (or armor, if you're on PSZ); each item has its own max grind
????
Profit!

...to PSU's convoluted, fucked up system of:

Find a Grinder Base C, B, A, or S
Buy synthesis boards for each rank
Insert boards into your PM
Randomly get C/B/A/S + 1-10 grinders as a result
Wait until a max photon luck and/or grinder boost event period
Take your weapon to one of four different upgrade NPC's depending on the manufacturer
Use grinder on your weapon, having a different success % depending on the grinder itself and what grind you're upgrading to from 1 to 10
Pray
Squeal when you get a perfect 10/10, or curse profusely when your best weapons break
Waste away more of your life on PSU hunting down materials to ATTEMPT to remake your best weapons all over again, OR sell off all your other items to buy a ridiculously priced one in player shops, OR attempt to trade with someone and possibly get scammed because of lag/hacker exploits
See your weapons lose their market value because the next event made them drop like candy and there's better stuff finally out after 3 years, but was available offline upon release
Eventually quit out of frustration because Sonic Team HURR-DURR

oG Epik
Feb 1, 2011, 09:09 PM
The system is broken, but it would also be a lot more broken if everyone had 10/10 weaponry, wouldn't it?

Yes i understand but a 50/50 chance?? that retarded lol or maybe for no luck but for mega-holy luck should be high?

FOkyasuta
Feb 1, 2011, 10:15 PM
Yes i understand but a 50/50 chance?? that retarded lol or maybe for no luck but for mega-holy luck should be high?

But even then, It still might brake.

oG Epik
Feb 2, 2011, 12:13 AM
But even then, It still might brake.

and yes i know but it would be a lesser chance