PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Mission Synthesis impressions and theories

Koiwai_Keiji
Feb 1, 2011, 10:22 PM
I don't know how many have tried to seriously get the 3rd tier of boost increase normally (as opposed to just being given a disk) through mission synth...but its not as easy as I originally thought.

Aiming for a drop boost +30%, I've managed to synth 7 missions with 20% boost, and out of the possible 21 combinations between those missions, only 1 of them yielded a 30% boost. I can't believe the boost increase has anything to do with mission level due to this, or I have some really bad luck with mission synth.

The mission levels are (5, 3, 6, 15, 9, 7, and 8 ) yielding the possible combinations of:
(5,3) (5,6) (5,15) (5,9) (5,7) (5,8 ) (3,6) (3,15) (3,9) (3,8 ) (6,15) (6,9) (6,7)
(6,8 ) (15,9) (15,7) (15,8 ) (9,7) (9,8 ) (7,8 )

Only the (5,3) gave me a rare drop +30% boost.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk177/sheepfire54/lvl3and5.jpg
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk177/sheepfire54/drop30.jpg

Has anyone else gotten a 3rd tier boost increase? What did you use and what do you think made it work? Any advice on mission synth?

At this rate, as soon as I get a 3rd tier boost, I think its better to synth it with a neutral mission to increase the mission level than to combine 2nd tier identical boosts (someone else already posted the same idea about synthing).

Ceresa
Feb 1, 2011, 10:32 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/aerawnt/drop30.jpg
Levels 18 and 24

What I think made it work was pure dumbass luck. I went through around 50 drop 20+20 synths of various levels, slot locations, area changes, boss changes before they finally clicked.

Getting Exp 1.5 and Attribute+5 was really easy incidentally.

My advice is to make a drop+30 and then on release make a drop 30 for every boss to farm their drops then ignore these fucking shit drop rates off inconsistent enemy spawns in favor of infinity difficulty/new missions/rearranged drop charts.

Koiwai_Keiji
Feb 1, 2011, 10:42 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/aerawnt/drop30.jpg
Levels 18 and 24

What I think made it work was pure dumbass luck. I went through around 50 drop 20+20 synths of various levels, slot locations, area changes, boss changes before they finally clicked.

Getting Exp 1.5 and Attribute+5 was really easy incidentally.

My advice is to make a drop+30 and then on release make a drop 30 for every boss to farm their drops then ignore these fucking shit drop rates off inconsistent enemy spawns in favor of infinity difficulty/new missions/rearranged drop charts.

Wow, glad to see I'm not the only one who went through a ton of missions trying to get it to click. Good point, I should make one for each boss.

What everyone knows about mission synth:
Base Slot = area
Plus Slot = boss

From what I've seen:
Inverting between Base and Plus Slot won't change the result of boosts.
Inverting between Base and Plus can change the resulting mission level sometimes.

Anyone else notice anything that happens often or contradicts these observations?

aduran
Feb 1, 2011, 10:43 PM
To get 30% it only takes ( 20%+20% times 2 ) and ; if i remember right; at least level 10 with higher level enemies.I have done several with this formula. Like ceresa said: keep the 30. You don't need to make it again and keep it in a set of 1,2,3,4,5

To get 3 in one mission, the two missions you are combining need to have different attributues. That means 2 missions with 4 different attributes total. If one attribute repeats the mission will stay in the same tier.

So, to get tier 3

2+2 = 3
3+2 = 3 (start combining with this formula other attributes)

to get 4 tier 4 ( you start getting randoms unavailable attributes here, downgrades, and the 30% drop rate u worked so hard for might get replaced randomly to meseta boost LOL )
3+3 = 4
4+3 = 4 ( the best way to add a random unavailable attribute )

to get 5 tier 5 ( you get randoms, downgrades and replacements )

4+4 = 5
5+4 = 5

I would recommend first getting the missions high level with high enemies then begin fusing, which im doing now :( Otherwise, at the end you might finish with a low level mission code that will be hard to raise to a higher level

Inverting sometimes affect but rarely, not sure about the masked attributes could be doing something. Combining the same mission with another one might give you a totally different result at higher tiers. This is the mask data or hidden device we don't know about.

Koiwai_Keiji
Feb 1, 2011, 10:52 PM
To get 30% it only takes ( 20%+20% times 2 ) and ; if i remember right; at least level 10 with higher level enemies.I have done several with this formula. Like ceresa said: keep the 30. You don't need to make it again and keep it in a set of 1,2,3,4,5

To get 3 in one mission, the two missions you are combining need to have different attributues. That means 2 missions with 4 different attributes total. If one attribute repeats the mission will stay in the same tier.

So, to get tier 3

2+2 = 3
3+2 = 3 (start combining with this formula other attributes)

to get 4 tier 4 ( you start getting randoms unavailable attributes here, downgrades, and the 30% drop rate u worked so hard for might get replaced randomly to meseta boost LOL )
3+3 = 4
4+3 = 4 ( the best way to add a random unavailable attribute )

to get 5 tier 5 ( you get randoms, downgrades and replacements )

4+4 = 5
5+4 = 5

I would recommend first getting the missions high level with high enemies then begin fusing, which im doing now :( Otherwise, at the end you might finish with a lvl 1 mission code that will be hard to raise to a higher level

The results between the two missions at 4 boost/5 boosts are always the same? Or is there a chance the downgrade/upgrades/replacements are random and you can keep synthing the same combo until you get the boosts you want?

aduran
Feb 1, 2011, 11:08 PM
It is always the same and always the same "random" after fusing.

The order of the mission doesn't matter that I can tell.

You need to combine with different missions to see what you get. I do this without saving to see what i would get LOL Get enough points in all when having 3/4/5 boost so you dont have to rerun when you are getting at the end.

Yes so time consuming :( but who knows maybe it will pay off