PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU PSU JP...worth the download for the free course?

Sarthraa
Feb 2, 2011, 12:21 PM
Okay, I was wondering if PSU JP is worth downloading? I'm a pretty big PS fan, and I've played PSU on the PS2 quite a bit (70+ hours). Are the extras in PSU JP worth the download? Also, how bad is the language barrier? I know...er...basically where most of the stats are, and "yes" and "no". ^^; I also know the icons and a decent amount of menu choices, but as for everything else...well, nothing.

On a side note, it would take me about 15 hours to download the 5.5 GB of files, if all goes well. ^^;

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Feb 2, 2011, 12:24 PM
I cannot recommend it enough tbh. With free course you get the full game, all missions items etc. what you don't get is a room - so no synthing no buying from player shops and no trading with anyone. But you do get all missions items etc and I think it'd be a fun challenge to only get to use the items you find etc etc.

Still it's worth a try and there's enoughe nglish speaking players who play to make it fun. So i say go for it :)

Tifa

Tyreek
Feb 2, 2011, 07:38 PM
Also take note, anything a player drops, you can't pick up.

Darki
Feb 3, 2011, 03:09 PM
You can't grind items either, though. Well, I think you can, but I don't remember any way of getting cooked grinders other than synthing or trading, never had any dropped or as a prize in a mission/event.

TenebriS
Feb 3, 2011, 03:56 PM
Grinder S+10 drop in legacy of the light, but i think there is no other way to get some of em on FC

Sarthraa
Feb 3, 2011, 04:24 PM
Ah, well, even with all those limitations, it just makes it more challenging in my opinion. :) I don't really care if I'm super-uber; I can make due with what's given to me. I mean, it's free to play! ^^; Thanks for all the information, guys! I'm in the game and letting it do the initial updates right now. If this is all that it looks to be, then this game has to be the MMORPG with the absolute smallest initial updates that I've ever seen! I can't wait to get to this and start leveling up my character. :D

HienkyakuX
Feb 3, 2011, 04:26 PM
You and get grinders A+7 and S+7 from passport as well. For weapons yeah you can't synth but at this point of the game a lot of good stuff drops made.

unicorn
Feb 3, 2011, 07:08 PM
You and get grinders A+7 and S+7 from passport as well. For weapons yeah you can't synth but at this point of the game a lot of good stuff drops made.

Yeah I think ST realized the synthing system sucked. All new items drop made now.

pikachief
Feb 3, 2011, 08:03 PM
Depending on your mind-set Free Course can be a very fun challenge! :D in US PSU I would just buy something cool and new and exciting, or when I made a new character i'd just buy he/she all the stuff he/she needed.

Free Course you have to to look up where everything drops and hunt it all, giving u a new challenging aspect of the game that usually isn't there, and you learn to make use of just about everything you find :) Also, because you are hunting your specific items, you might find yourself playing missions you otherwise would not run :)

If you do want easy SUPAR UBAR WEA-PWNZ!!!!1!!!!11!!! you can always buy $10-$20 of Guardians Cash and do a few Legecy of the Light runs for some weapons even just to help you hunt for things more efficiently :) ($10-$20 every 4-5 months is much cheaper and sometimes feels more rewarding to me at least than $10 a month, because with Guardians Cash I'm more certain to what i'll be getting out of my money... Rares! :D)

Oh! and I'm pretty sure when you start a new account you get a 10-day Free Trail! I'm sure you can find a few people with Premium Course who would be willing to give u a few things that are decent but also cheap on JP Servers before you are reverted to Free Course

Vent
Feb 4, 2011, 09:29 AM
As for the language barrier, of course it's there. But since most missions are no-brainers, you don't need anything more than...well silence. You may seem a little weird if you don't say anything, but Japanese players will probably not kick you for it. That said, it is pretty easy to figure out most standard sentences like Hello. Japanese players have certain standard sentences they say at certain situations, if you figure these out you'll look just like a Japanese player, till they start making normal conversation sentences. ^^;

@pikachief
Not sure what you mean by free trial, but as far as I understood, you can play free course after making an account, you don't get any free trial.
You can pay 10$ for a game key, you'll get 10 days of premium included with the key. This is a one time only payment, the next time you pay you'll get 30 days, also without a free trial.

pikachief
Feb 4, 2011, 06:34 PM
oh its for the gamekey? I thought those 10 days was just for signing up :P

Also you could say that the gamekey comes with a 10-day trail ;)

Sarthraa
Feb 4, 2011, 11:33 PM
Alright, thanks guys! I'm now playing on the servers, and I'm already getting used to it! Seriously, it's awesome...but...it's so much different than the PS2 version that I'm used to. I mean, seriously, the mission system confused me until I looked at the psupedia and saw why the missions changed and why there's so few to start with.

So far, this is a lot better than the PS2 version. Long live JP PSU!! :D

Eclipsed57
Feb 9, 2011, 06:06 AM
is there any kind of english hack patch for this? I am wanting to get into it but i dont read japanese and i just dont get how im supposed to know what items are what

str898mustang
Feb 9, 2011, 10:44 AM
is there any kind of english hack patch for this? I am wanting to get into it but i dont read japanese and i just dont get how im supposed to know what items are what

No

Learn Katakana and Hiragana or u can go back to 360.

95% of all the items are in Katakana

But seriously, if u have an idea of what menus are what from playing the 360 so much, u should do fine.