PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU SEGA f***ing up missions?

Darki
Feb 2, 2011, 01:20 PM
So, I've realized that SEGA really made an habit of fucking up things in the game, in this case, missions. I have the little suspiction (if not hope) that all those adaptations of missions to the PSPo2 versions are just leading to the future "expansion" of the game into more direct PSPo features, but something I don't really like is what they do with the missions.

I've seen a couple missions gone through a "crapification" proccess in which they did things like rearrange the scenario in a way that is really uncomfortable to play (you just gotta go Dancing Birds to see that, with all those plants in the middle of the fields and those fugly, out-of-place black smoke screens), but another thing that came to my mind is that they're explicitally taking away all the co-op rooms and switches from those missions, like again in Dancing Birds, where they took the three-buttons room, and in Cost of Research where you had to go two ways to unlock doors and now in Crimson Beast, all buttons are unlockable by 1 single person (which is retarded, if you put a fence that only needs to be opened by 1 switch for just 3 boxes, don't put the fence at all, plz, specially when you just have to touch the switch, not actually stay on so somebody else goes).

I don't get the point. Those missions were just perfect the way they were. I understand if they wanna add or update stuff from the PSP games, but why taking away the cooperation little bits in some missions? They were entertaining and made you do something with the party something else than TD Jabroga. /nuff said.

Sorry for this little rant, but it's just that little details like this are what enrages me the most about SEGAC.

Akaimizu
Feb 2, 2011, 02:03 PM
I'm happy with certain changes, as long as they rid themselves of bugs and slowdown issues. Bugs, particularly. That's what I call Flexing up missions. They still need to do a bit more of that in Flowery Pursuit. That's why, for the past few days, I've been running that mission only, just to get it out of the way for GBR. The other missions in it play faster, so I'm a lot better with those.

XbikXBd
Feb 2, 2011, 02:34 PM
ib4bobbycrysteonandomirants
well i find it dancing birds was the best fix and now u cant level spells there<_<.
Crimson beast is a warm welcome(no pun intened) Dragon scale,AFK healing,Awesome EXP what more can i ask for \(^_^/)

Crysteon
Feb 2, 2011, 03:09 PM

Heeeeey, I saw that! >_>...

Well, yeah...dont expect much of Sega, since they love breaking good stuff.

Resanoca
Feb 2, 2011, 03:36 PM
Heeeeey, I saw that! >_>...

Well, yeah...dont expect much of Sega, since they love breaking good stuff.

Like your FACE! :3

Crysteon
Feb 2, 2011, 03:58 PM
Like your FACE! :3

Speaking of apparitions........

Darki
Feb 2, 2011, 06:08 PM
Stop spamming my thread -_-

well i find it dancing birds was the best fix and now u cant level spells there<_<.
Crimson beast is a warm welcome(no pun intened) Dragon scale,AFK healing,Awesome EXP what more can i ask for \(^_^/)

All that is fine but they could have put the damn leaves in a better way in DB, and they could have left the more-than-one button fences so the mission is still a bit co-op.

Omi
Feb 2, 2011, 10:01 PM

Now that you put it that way, I feel left out if I don't come out of hiding/stalking
forums and post here. However, you forgot the 'n' in which case makes
you correct for the fact you did post here before Crys, Bobbi, or myself.

I agree with Darki about the plants in Dancing Birds they are very annoying, the
smoke I haven't noticed as much (other then semi AFKing Resta/Reverser with it).
I have never played any of the PSP PSU games b/c of lack of a PSP itself, so I can't
really relate to that.

I personally welcomed the "crapification" of CB and CoR, b/c I solo a lot and with
needing 2+ ppl to reach certain parts of the run I just completely ignored it (not
that I still don't completely ignore it *cough* CoR *cough*). If a run needs 2ppl
or more to get into certain parts, or even to S rank it/get to the rare mobs, it
shouldn't let 1 person into them (we have Bruce, Eggs, HSM, ToT, etc. for that
reason). Although the 1 person switches for the boxes in CB are a bit much,
just remove the gates Sega... not very hard highlight the code and push the
delete key.

Crysteon
Feb 2, 2011, 10:33 PM
Although the 1 person switches for the boxes in CB are a bit much, just remove the gates Sega... not very hard highlight the code and push the
delete key.

It's more than 5 lines of code to do that, lulz.

I'll say it again: It's Sega, and the way they work and mess with stuff is unpredictable sometimes >_>

EspioKaos
Feb 2, 2011, 10:37 PM
On the subject of the reworked Crimson Beast, has anyone come across Jaggos yet? I've run the hell out of the mission over the past few days taking care of some TECH leveling, but I haven't seen a single one yet. Maybe they lowered their appearance rate after they changed the three person switch to a single button?

Crysteon
Feb 2, 2011, 10:41 PM
On the subject of the reworked Crimson Beast, has anyone come across Jaggos yet? I've run the hell out of the mission over the past few days taking care of some TECH leveling, but I haven't seen a single one yet. Maybe they lowered their appearance rate after they changed the three person switch to a single button?

I havent seen them either, and I have run that mission for the whole week D:

HienkyakuX
Feb 2, 2011, 11:12 PM

They were replace by rappy now for some weird reason so yeah there goes the tittle of this topic.

Darki
Feb 3, 2011, 04:32 AM
I personally welcomed the "crapification" of CB and CoR, b/c I solo a lot and with
needing 2+ ppl to reach certain parts of the run I just completely ignored it (not
that I still don't completely ignore it *cough* CoR *cough*). If a run needs 2ppl
or more to get into certain parts, or even to S rank it/get to the rare mobs, it
shouldn't let 1 person into them (we have Bruce, Eggs, HSM, ToT, etc. for that
reason). Although the 1 person switches for the boxes in CB are a bit much,
just remove the gates Sega... not very hard highlight the code and push the
delete key.

Why wouldn't it allow 1 people? I consider those boxes, areas or extra rank as a "bonus" if you go with a party. It's like in the GAMs, where the secret move in Desert Terror /R is to go with a pair of techers. Would you limit that mission to Forces only?

I understand when people like to solo, but unfortunately for you, PSU is a "massive multiplayer online" game (maybe not that massive due to the 6 ppl max but still a multiplayer). I like to solo some missions too, but admitting that this game is supposed to be a social game, a game where you go with your friends. Why wouldn't there be normal missions that you can do yourself without help, but that gave you an "extra bonus" when in a party? You have literally dozens of missions you can solo completely. Those party-only missions, how many are there, three? Co-op missions, there were a couple more, 10 or so (8 now, as they "crapified" CoR and CB). Bot too many for a game who is supposed to be multiplayer, huh.

And note that I'm not raging about the content of the boxes and other stuff. in CB the unlocked content by the boxes was shit, same than in DB, and about the ranks... I understand when people is obsessed about TAs but what's about the rank? MP? I've been 4 months playing with a lv 20 WT, I could care less about the rank of the mission. You could do CB "complete" without opening those fences, maybe with two big monsters less to kill, but in the end the mission was done completely, you don't need a letter in the end post message to tell you how well you did it.. It's just the fact that I feel like they're taking away those little bits of "friendship encouragement" that the game had, now it's, as I said before, just "TD-Jabroga".

Omi
Feb 3, 2011, 06:35 AM
Why wouldn't it allow 1 people? I consider those boxes, areas or extra rank as a "bonus" if you go with a party. It's like in the GAMs, where the secret move in Desert Terror /R is to go with a pair of techers. Would you limit that mission to Forces only?

I understand when people like to solo, but unfortunately for you, PSU is a "massive multiplayer online" game (maybe not that massive due to the 6 ppl max but still a multiplayer). I like to solo some missions too, but admitting that this game is supposed to be a social game, a game where you go with your friends. Why wouldn't there be normal missions that you can do yourself without help, but that gave you an "extra bonus" when in a party? You have literally dozens of missions you can solo completely. Those party-only missions, how many are there, three? Co-op missions, there were a couple more, 10 or so (8 now, as they "crapified" CoR and CB). Bot too many for a game who is supposed to be multiplayer, huh.

And note that I'm not raging about the content of the boxes and other stuff. in CB the unlocked content by the boxes was shit, same than in DB, and about the ranks... I understand when people is obsessed about TAs but what's about the rank? MP? I've been 4 months playing with a lv 20 WT, I could care less about the rank of the mission. You could do CB "complete" without opening those fences, maybe with two big monsters less to kill, but in the end the mission was done completely, you don't need a letter in the end post message to tell you how well you did it.. It's just the fact that I feel like they're taking away those little bits of "friendship encouragement" that the game had, now it's, as I said before, just "TD-Jabroga".

First don't tell me how to play this game, second I do have a lot of friends on
this game, in fact a friend (Bobby) even got me to play JP servers instead of
go to the 360 (which I was gonna do initially after the PC/PS2 got
lolSegapwned). I only go solo when no one is on, or when I can solo the run
efficiently and we all want the same item then if I get mine first I will help
them get theirs. Considering the time of the year and that I have graduated
from college, I am on more frequently than they are and thus solo more.

The DT/R run I never even had a clue there was a secret action in it, but as
far as what you say that is overkill and purposely done so to try to make my
statement look weak. However, I do get your point about with ppl you can
get a bonus for boxes or whatnot, but I think that should be reserved for
4+ ppl in your party not just 2-3.

You meet several ppl in this game w/o randomly partying with them, you
also meet several by partying with them it really depends on what type of
player you are (and if you speak their language/understand them). For an
end note Jaborga has severely lost its allure since making it ATA based try
more of "TD(if you wanna use it)-SD-Majarra-Robado-TornadoBreak".

(PS: I am writing this at 5:30 AM, so if I forgot something I will come back
when I am not in "Zombie mode")

Darki
Feb 3, 2011, 08:29 AM
^Wow, go down the horse, please. I never "told you how to play", I'm just stating the reason for my opinion in oposition as yours about the missions being "soloable". I never intended to offend you, so I'm sorry if that's what you read in my text, I didn't mean that. It isn'tmy concern how you play and, well, I could care less about that, no offense.

MMOs are games where you can play with much more freedom than normal ones (no, I won't use the idiotic catchphrase - "if you wanna play solo, go Extra mode" - that's nonsense), I understand, agree with and promote the existence of solo-friendly missions, same way that I admit the need (?) of allowing people to make child-like big-boobed lolis even if they disgust me, for the sake of multiple choices in apperance in a game where you're supposed to look as you want to.

But there's also the fact that this game is a "multiplayer" game, so in my eyes, modding co-op missions to make them "soloable" is plain retarded, specially with the amount of missions that don't have any cooperative action. You can go and clear all those co-op missions by yourself soloing with not too much problem, and if you wanna see a nice "S" at the end of the mission? For that you have the 50+ other missions in the whole game that I mentioned. I don't think you have a special need to solo CB specifically because of the views, monsters or drops, because you can see the same in many other missions (and is not like there was a special monster or drop in the enclosed areas, anyways). Same way that you have the right to play solo whenever you want, I have my right to enjoy my co-op missions, and fortunately for you, it's 50+ vs 8 at your side (and increasing), so I don't see why would you be arguing with me about this.

For the rest of your post, I won't answer because that doesn't have anything to do with the topic. I used the TD-Jabroga thing as a simple "catchphrase", and you know exactly what I mean with that expression from the answer you gave to it.

TheAstarion
Feb 3, 2011, 12:00 PM
Hey, leave the big boobed lolis out of this, we're talking about missions!

Crimson Beast was like Parum's version of Forest Infiltration, a reasonably short way to get to an easy boss, with a couple of uncommon large enemies and/or minibosses and a multi-man method to get to the potential Jaggo spawn. Duel in the Ruins is even more like this, and there are others too.

I like these missions because they're not White Beast.

Cost of Research, on the other hand, had no place being a free mission. It was a cool idea, forcing cooperation, and worked really well in the Protectors (alpha or beta... either way it was the 07-08 Winter Event and rereleased in Nov '09ish) as part of a multiplayer event. But free missions should be for 1 to 6 players, and the extra areas should be just that, extras. A reward for a big enough party.

Unfortunately, these parties are either extremely hard to come by, being difficult to pull friends away from WB or other games, or run in GBRs with randoms who are all too eager to gobble up the loot and not have the decency to run the mission again.

And speaking of White Beast, I for one am quite annoyed how they changed that too. I'm sure it used to have more rooms, and more block variations. They supposedly changed it to make it more difficult to rush, but all they seem to have done is make certain enemies spawn in places such that you may as well just kill them and get an S rank.

Another problem with making these extra areas soloable is the aforementioned rare enemy spawn rate (Espio I think said there've been less Jaggos in CB). I for one would be inconceivably enraged to find the Igg spawns had been lowered EVEN MORE. Before Sakura Warpath was released, I hadn't even seen a picture of a Rappy Igg, let alone encountered one from close to 200 runs in Dancing Birds. If they made that room accessible to soloists, they'd clearly change the rare spawn too.

TL,DR: Yep, they're pissing around with stuff that didn't need touching. Fact is though that a lot of mission fixes are to stop AFK levelling, which wouldn't be a problem to begin with if things didn't take so long to level legitimately. Buffs are especially at fault here, who would actually buff people ten thousand times in regular missions? Giresta and Reverser seem to be the only ones to level sensibly. Oh, and Twin Penetration, but that's because they seem to have forgotten that it, uh, penetrates, when taking levelling into account.

Omi
Feb 3, 2011, 04:23 PM
...but unfortunately for you, PSU is a "massive multiplayer online" game...

That is the only part of the last post where you indirectly told me how to play.
Sorry if I seemed angry, I wasn't really, just didn't like your use of the word "you"
in the phrase above.

Now don't think just because I welcomed the "crapification" to these missions, that
I instantly hate all runs that encourage (or used to encourage people or play
together). You said it best here...

...modding co-op missions to make them "soloable" is plain retarded, specially with the amount of missions that don't have any cooperative action...
Other than those 8 runs these runs never had any true cooperative action in them
because they let 1 person into them with still the same number of end boxes after
you killed the boss. Sega realized it and had a decision to make, (granted they
probably picked the easiest way to do it from coding standards) but it is almost
exactly the same as it used to be just with maybe a few parts cut off and the 2+ ppl
buttons are now 1 person buttons. Other than the areas that you literally can't
get to anymore, you can still do it like a coop run if you wanna (more power to you).

One could even say from the "crapification" Sega was trying to get more people to
play these runs randomly so in the most crowded universes there would be more
parties to actually pick from, which would be encouraging the MMO concept.
The key word is "trying" and its all a matter of opinion and how much of a social
player you are.

Hey, leave the big boobed lolis out of this, we're talking about missions!

QFT

pikachief
Feb 3, 2011, 04:27 PM
Firstly, I believe every mission with a boss (except white beast) has what I like to call a "backwards mission."

Just a shorter mission usually having 2 different looking areas from that planet mixed into 1 mission, usually having a multi-person switch near the end and a boss, leading back into the lobby where the original boss mission is. (SEED Express=that one mission no one likes, True Darkness=SEED Awakened, Desert Goliath=Stolen Weapon, Cost of Research=Moonlight Beast and so on)

Secondly, This "mission adjusting" is something SEGA's been doing for years. And every time it seems to lead to disappointment. Also their idea of "adjusting" a mission is taking out all side routes. First 2 missions I can remember it happening to is Desert Terror and SEED Awakened. Makes the level much less interesting and involve less team work (splitting up is gone) also it shortened SEED Awakened almost by half, which would be nice if it was a boring mission but I for one really enjoyed it and never minded the length.

But yea, this is not new, this is not a JP ONRY thing. This is just SEGA and everyone should expect it to happen to any mission with switches or side routes lol