PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Hey! i am getting this game

PSZFann
Feb 2, 2011, 07:03 PM
hey i am DEFINATELY getting this game in about 2-3 weeks, and i just wanted to stop by the PSP2 part of these forums (i have played PSZ for a year and a little bit now) and just say hey to all my new to be buddies!!!!:D:D:D

Kirukia
Feb 2, 2011, 07:34 PM
Early Welcome to PSP2 :p

PSZFann
Feb 2, 2011, 07:43 PM
haha ya i know its a little weird to do this huh... ? oh well im just excited i guess haha :) well thanks for the welcome :D

PSZFann
Feb 2, 2011, 09:08 PM
ok gonna add somthing to this, so what do you guys think is the #1 best thing about this game :) haha or just what you enjoy the most

(if you have played PSZ then you can compare somthing :) )

FOkyasuta
Feb 2, 2011, 09:27 PM
A fixed and better chain system.

PSZFann
Feb 2, 2011, 11:08 PM
hmmm cool how does it work?

FOkyasuta
Feb 2, 2011, 11:22 PM
Every hit after the first adds to the chain.

PSZFann
Feb 2, 2011, 11:29 PM
oh :P haha awesome :D

So chat, Positives/ Negatives???

FOkyasuta
Feb 2, 2011, 11:30 PM
Its rather slow but auto words help at times.

PSZFann
Feb 2, 2011, 11:33 PM
hmmm is it nice to be able to talk to people that you just randomly join in with...
in other words is having no FC nice?

FOkyasuta
Feb 2, 2011, 11:34 PM
FC'S? Hah! Partner cards (PC) are better.

PSZFann
Feb 2, 2011, 11:48 PM
haha i bet... whats a Partner card?

FOkyasuta
Feb 2, 2011, 11:54 PM
What should have been FC's but all the bad parts taken out. And replaced with good parts.

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 12:07 AM
do you still have to personaly talk to the person? to get it?

FOkyasuta
Feb 3, 2011, 12:12 AM
Well you'd have to meet them in person and send them your card so they can keep in touch with you. If they want your card that is.

Rehks
Feb 3, 2011, 12:18 AM
Yea and when your a high level, get ready to get spammed with a load of pc's from random people. So annoying when it pops up everywhere.

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 12:20 AM
hmmm interesting :D ... DIfferent, I like change :D

Chaos Rappy
Feb 3, 2011, 12:21 AM
That's why I only trade PC's with people I know, from here or otherwise. Won't have to worry about all the nuisances of randoms. :P

FOkyasuta
Feb 3, 2011, 12:22 AM
It helps you keep out the Non-Chainers.

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 12:23 AM
ok, so if you dont have someones PC, what is playing with them like?

LIke if you play with a complete stranger, is it as limited a PSZ?

FOkyasuta
Feb 3, 2011, 12:24 AM
Its like you have their card.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 3, 2011, 12:24 AM
What? No. Trading PC's only has to do with being able to communicate with them beyond playing with them. Otherwise, it's basically like any normal game. There's no restrictions for not trading PC's.

Wayu
Feb 3, 2011, 12:28 AM
Partner Cards make it easier to find that person again. It also builds towards getting titles.

-Wayu

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 12:39 AM
they are kinda confusing... i guess ill see when i get it :D

Wayu
Feb 3, 2011, 12:42 AM
They're like business cards.

-Wayu

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 12:43 AM
hmm that actually makes since :D thanks Wayu

pso_crash
Feb 3, 2011, 03:03 PM
I think the biggest improvement over PSZ in this game is the amount of content. There is just so much more that you can do. Mores missions, more levels, more and customization.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 3, 2011, 05:55 PM
I think there's too many weapons in PS:P2... a lot of them are crap and not worth getting... I can't see the point in having over 1200 different weapons when in the end, the most you'll probably end up using is somewhere around 100 max. :/

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 06:07 PM
well in my opinion i think having 1000's of weapons is a plus... cause it makes the rares more rare

I think the biggest improvement over PSZ in this game is the amount of content. There is just so much more that you can do. Mores missions, more levels, more and customization.

And i CANT wait :D

IsaacGravity
Feb 3, 2011, 06:34 PM
It goes two ways for me when a game has loads of weapons:

1. With so many the player is gonna be more driven than ever to continue to dig through all the junk to claim the ones they truly desire. Giving a greater feeling of satisfaction when they finally get it.

This then branches off into annoying given desire factor or plain out soul-crushing when you get "it" but it turns out to be neutral or an element they're not willing to work with at all.

2. Collecting all sorts of stuff you'll come across one that just sounds cool/interesting/is fairly decent (better than you ever thought given the range of stuff available at that point). Throw that in with it actually looking cool via the weap database, you then find yourself sporting a new beloved, unexpected weap/weap type.

What more annoys me is that most of the more interesting weapon types (Cards and Axes for me) are more a novelty than they are honest to goodness useful. Still use 'em but hey...

PurpleIsGood
Feb 3, 2011, 06:52 PM
Axes are good. Cards and some other stuff....eh. They could have made them more exciting imo.

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 07:03 PM
It goes two ways for me when a game has loads of weapons:

1. With so many the player is gonna be more driven than ever to continue to dig through all the junk to claim the ones they truly desire. Giving a greater feeling of satisfaction when they finally get it.

I totally agree with this, that is why i prefer more weapons over less :)

2. Collecting all sorts of stuff you'll come across one that just sounds cool/interesting/is fairly decent (better than you ever thought given the range of stuff available at that point). Throw that in with it actually looking cool via the weap database, you then find yourself sporting a new beloved, unexpected weap/weap type.

HAHA this is what i do... :D

What more annoys me is that most of the more interesting weapon types (Cards and Axes for me) are more a novelty than they are honest to goodness useful. Still use 'em but hey...

Haha ya

Chaos Rappy
Feb 3, 2011, 07:09 PM
Sad to say this won't work with me having access to a database where every weapon is listed with looks, effects, and stats, so I know which ones I want and which ones I'll use, or this might have been my case... :/

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 07:32 PM
OK i have another question,.... this is just related to memory

-how big do the save files get... cause i only have a 32mb memory stick... is this bigg enough?

IsaacGravity
Feb 3, 2011, 07:35 PM
Sad to say this won't work with me having access to a database where every weapon is listed with looks, effects, and stats, so I know which ones I want and which ones I'll use, or this might have been my case... :/

I tend to use the pedia database to keep tabs on the final two or tier of weapons make an aim from that and just run off blind with everything else. Only making a massive exception with my main weapon type where its in my best interest to know what I want as I continue along.

And even then customization freak in me goes "I found a shiny new toy to play with! Time to mess around in the battle shop~"

EDIT: And to answer your question PSZFann: *checks save utility* The game save takes takes about 640MB and throwing in data install that's another 164MB. So you might wanna get a bigger stick.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 3, 2011, 07:39 PM
OK i have another question,.... this is just related to memory

-how big do the save files get... cause i only have a 32mb memory stick... is this bigg enough?

Maybe, but I would still recommend getting abigger one, so that way you can install the game and have much smoother playing... I can't imagine how I was before the install, playing with so much laggage offline and the long loading times, and sometimes, it still happens where my save would "corrupt", and until I beat the quest at hand, I would have to deal with a "non-installed" run... it's almost unbearable now... :/

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 07:40 PM
wait so you can install the game onto your PSP?... how?

Chaos Rappy
Feb 3, 2011, 07:43 PM
There's an "install" feature on the main menu in PS:P2. However, take note that it doesn't mean INSTALL-install, you still need the UMD to play if not on a Go, and all the install does is reduce loading times and lag.

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 07:46 PM
ahhh i see cool, how much memory does that need?

Mike
Feb 3, 2011, 07:49 PM
I think there's too many weapons in PS:P2... a lot of them are crap and not worth getting... I can't see the point in having over 1200 different weapons when in the end, the most you'll probably end up using is somewhere around 100 max. :/
I kinda agree. There are rare weapons that have very little use but I tend to think of a lot of not-end-game rares, low rank ones in particular, are more useful for raising secondary or alternative characters so you can get some mileage out of them.

Chaos Rappy
Feb 3, 2011, 07:56 PM
It's not just the rares I'm talking about. I want to know who was the brilliant one who thought to make the three weapons manufacturers in the first place? I figureed one common weapon of that type was okay, 2 was enough for things like in PSZ where the occasiona weapon type would have two weapons of the same *-value but have different level requirements, but THREE different kinds of weapons manufacturers? It's just... stupid. I much prefer Yohmei 90% of the time anyways for the PP Efficiency weapons, and everything else was pretty much sided, if they weren't rares that were useful. <_<

That's just my two cents... each man. has its perks, but I think it's more or less overkill, like with having FOUR jobs AND races, instead of the original PSO's 3 x 3. I can't even understand why they needed the 5th for Infinity, but it's not like our opinion matters now that it's already been done... *sigh*

Broken_L_button
Feb 3, 2011, 07:56 PM
I kinda agree. There are rare weapons that have very little use but I tend to think of a lot of not-end-game rares, low rank ones in particular, are more useful for raising secondary or alternative characters so you can get some mileage out of them.

Not to mention that some lower ranked weapons stomp all over the "ubers". *cough*KanonQuoliabeingbetterthanallthe14-15*t.handguns*cough*

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 08:31 PM
haha another question, short (easy to answer) :
-how many characters can you have? (like PSZ was only 3)

NDW
Feb 3, 2011, 09:16 PM
haha another question, short (easy to answer) :
-how many characters can you have? (like PSZ was only 3)

Eight.

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 09:19 PM
YES! so much beter!

Wayu
Feb 3, 2011, 10:01 PM
Hey!

Do you wanna feel SO ENERGETIC?

---

Sorry, just had to do that. And I think (don't quote me on this, just guessing) there were 10 slots for Infinity?

-Wayu

FOkyasuta
Feb 3, 2011, 10:04 PM
Dunno & dont care. And some thing tells me he's only played PSZ. Am i right?

Hey!

---

Sorry, just had to do that. And I think (don't quote me on this, just guessing) there were 10 slots for Infinity?

-Wayu

He needs some Mananna.

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 10:21 PM
Hey!

---

-Wayu

what?? haha PSZ only had 3 so thats why i am excited

what are the cotrols?

Wayu
Feb 3, 2011, 11:17 PM
...uh, move with the joystick, and find out for yourself with the buttons?

Shouldn't be that different from PS0? Also, no need for double-posting when we have an edit button.

-Wayu

PSZFann
Feb 3, 2011, 11:21 PM
ok :P haha just tryin to get familiar with the game haha :)

ZeroXRaven
Feb 4, 2011, 02:23 AM
I understand your excitement with getting this game but reading through all this I quickly noted to myself that mostly everything you asked could be found out with a simple Google search.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the game as much as I have...Best of luck in your search for the many rares ;)

pso_crash
Feb 4, 2011, 06:28 AM
I agree 1200 weapons is too many for one player, but not for the entire community. Rare items are becoming the the new common and anyone can use them. These are some "flaws" in the game that make so many of the of the weapons unnecessary.

The first problem is that many of the rares aren't that rare anymore. Every enemy has an opportunity to drop a decent weapon, and several common weapons. Add the fact that almost any level can be easily solo's makes getting really nice weapons a breeze. Once a player gets a few "rare" weapons, common drops become vendor trash. By the time a player gets to S rank the floor seems to be cluttered with crap you don't need anymore.

Another "problem" is that every race and class has almost equal access to every weapon and PA. Why should anyone bother using a one handed dagger and a shield when they can all run around with twin sabers and blade destruction. Every class gravitates toward using the most efficient weapons for their own situation. If each class was more limited in what weapons they could use, there would more weapons used.

If PS made the "rares" rare again and made more weapons class/race specific we would see people using more of the weapons. Maybe in the future SEGA will have time to balance out drops a little more.

Wayu
Feb 4, 2011, 07:07 AM
I agree 1200 weapons is too many for one player, but not for the entire community. Rare items are becoming the the new common and anyone can use them. These are some "flaws" in the game that make so many of the of the weapons unnecessary.

The first problem is that many of the rares aren't that rare anymore. Every enemy has an opportunity to drop a decent weapon, and several common weapons. Add the fact that almost any level can be easily solo's makes getting really nice weapons a breeze. Once a player gets a few "rare" weapons, common drops become vendor trash. By the time a player gets to S rank the floor seems to be cluttered with crap you don't need anymore.

Another "problem" is that every race and class has almost equal access to every weapon and PA. Why should anyone bother using a one handed dagger and a shield when they can all run around with twin sabers and blade destruction. Every class gravitates toward using the most efficient weapons for their own situation. If each class was more limited in what weapons they could use, there would more weapons used.

If PS made the "rares" rare again and made more weapons class/race specific we would see people using more of the weapons. Maybe in the future SEGA will have time to balance out drops a little more.

PSO forum area is thataway -->

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Feb 4, 2011, 07:32 AM
What's this? Someone complaining about the full customization of PSP2? And then I'll bet someone will complain about the blocking/dodging and saying that the game isn't 'hardcore' because of that, or maybe even complain about EXP points and that we should always be lv 1, or some other dumb crap.

And all those weapons are there for personal tastes and nostalgia, not just for min/maxers. Different tools for different fools.

Wayu
Feb 4, 2011, 07:47 AM
PSO purists in the PSP forum!

Red alert!

-Wayu

pso_crash
Feb 4, 2011, 01:53 PM
Alright, calm down. I haven't played PSO. Good to see that your only rebuttal to my idea is nostalgia:-P. I just gave the most obvious solution to a complaint. You see the kind of drop system I described in many games not just PSO. I guess another idea would be to just take all the useless junk in the game, but I personally like having more content in the game. I happen to enjoy the game just fine, but I agree many of the weapons, and weapon types, are useless in the game the way it is.

PurpleIsGood
Feb 4, 2011, 06:12 PM
It's fun to experiment too, though. For instance, yesterday I discovered how awesome a claw is(the one handed kind) with a tech-mag. A bunch of the weapons are for collection purposes anyways...you think my male cast is going to use a double saber with hearts on both ends?

PSZFann
Feb 4, 2011, 07:21 PM
but I agree many of the weapons, and weapon types, are useless in the game the way it is.

i think its good to have useless weapons, cause to me it makes the good ones more.. of... an acheivment when you find one :D

FOkyasuta
Feb 4, 2011, 07:21 PM
i think its good to have useless weapons, cause to me it makes the good ones more.. of... an acheivment when you find one :D

Unless you give them to your lower levels like i do so.

PurpleIsGood
Feb 4, 2011, 07:24 PM
Shared Storage FTW. I won't have to weapon farm at all for my lvl 23 ranger, given all the rifles I get :D

PSZFann
Feb 4, 2011, 07:27 PM

Hmmmm good idea :D.. i guess i did do that on PSZ though not that i think of it

PSZFann
Feb 4, 2011, 07:30 PM
* 18 days untill i get the game *

I HOPE! :)

Another question, how offen do people get hacked?