PDA

View Full Version : Okay seriously, the biggest thing i want for PSO2 is....

RemiusTA
Feb 5, 2011, 03:00 AM
1) PS3/360 Console Support

2) 4-Player Offline Splitscreen.

Seriously, PSU would have gotten tons more time from me if i could actually enjoy it with my friends and introduce new friends to it like i could with Ep. 1&2.

ChronoTrigga
Feb 5, 2011, 03:06 AM
3)4-Player Online Splitscreen

landman
Feb 5, 2011, 04:02 AM
3)4-Player Online Splitscreen

With 4 different accounts? or playing as your alternate characters or partner characters? :P

NoiseHERO
Feb 5, 2011, 04:35 AM
They should make a pso style offline mode as well...where you can download and upload your characters, but it would scan for cheats/hacks done to it...then delete the character or upload it naked.

I do miss offline multiplayer.

Then again this is all assuming it would go to console, which hasn't been confirmed so who knows.

Aerilas
Feb 5, 2011, 05:14 AM
They should make a pso style offline mode as well...where you can download and upload your characters, but it would scan for cheats/hacks done to it...then delete the character or upload it naked.

I do miss offline multiplayer.

Then again this is all assuming it would go to console, which hasn't been confirmed so who knows.

The only other way to play offline multiplayer on computers is... with wireless connection to eachother if you're in the same room-ish?
(Sorry, not a computer expert, don't know the correct term)

I'm not pro-offline though

Wayu
Feb 5, 2011, 06:04 AM
Local Area Network (or LAN for short).

-Wayu

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Feb 5, 2011, 10:21 AM
I really hope it gets lan support, i have a few computers hooked up together and friends who are fans of PSO but only really like playing it at my house

Arkios
Feb 5, 2011, 05:51 PM
I hope they keep offline mode out of the game entirely. It's entirely too easy to modify your game offline in order to exploit.

Characters should remain server side.

I would totally be down for a version on PS3 though. I'd prefer to play on a controller and the PS3 controller seems like it would offer enough buttons to make this viable.

RemiusTA
Feb 6, 2011, 12:05 AM
Im really going to be hurt if this game is PC exclusive. I'd at least enjoy a PS3 version to play alongside, similar to the way PSU worked.

But if they aren't simultaneously developing for a console....im not holding my breath. Sega sucks porting shit big time.

Seth Astra
Feb 6, 2011, 12:50 AM
I hope they keep offline mode out of the game entirely. It's entirely too easy to modify your game offline in order to exploit.

Characters should remain server side.

I am gonna restate what I've said previously:

What about allowing players to DOWNLOAD a copy of their char from the server, but not UPLOAD them back? Sure, it'd piss some people off, but I think it would satisfy people who, for example, would be unable to use the internet for a while. It'd also help people be less mad about servers closing and them losing their char. In addition, this would, to a degree, satisfy those who want to hack their char appart: They could hack all they want offline, without ever bothering ther rest of us.

Corey Blue
Feb 6, 2011, 01:05 AM
Don't even talk about console unless it's cross platforming,and global,other then that,hell to the no.(Do you really want us to get split up again?)

Arkios
Feb 6, 2011, 03:29 AM
I am gonna restate what I've said previously:

What about allowing players to DOWNLOAD a copy of their char from the server, but not UPLOAD them back? Sure, it'd piss some people off, but I think it would satisfy people who, for example, would be unable to use the internet for a while. It'd also help people be less mad about servers closing and them losing their char. In addition, this would, to a degree, satisfy those who want to hack their char appart: They could hack all they want offline, without ever bothering ther rest of us.

I don't have a problem with that, I just don't see what the point of 'downloading' an offline copy of your character accomplishes. If anything you do on that character is lost when you log back on, I don't think anyone would want to play that.

Seth Astra
Feb 6, 2011, 03:34 AM
It was mostly designed as an answer to the concept of server side saving and losing ones character when the servers close.

RemiusTA
Feb 6, 2011, 03:42 AM
i dont care. I just want to play on my TV.

For a split-screen offline mode, i think allowing us to download our character data OFF the server would allow us to have some kind of fun without the issue of easy hacking that comes with client-to-server transfers.

Or something. Im sick and tired of not being able to enjoy my videogames with REAL friends anymore. Jesus.

BIG OLAF
Feb 6, 2011, 03:43 AM
Im sick and tired of not being able to enjoy my videogames with REAL friends anymore. Jesus.

I know this is a bit off-topic, but:

So, people you meet on the internet can't be "real" friends? I'm inclined to disagree. Some of the best people I've ever met in my entire life, I've met on Xbox LIVE, or other virtual mediums.

DualEXE
Feb 6, 2011, 03:51 AM
I agree, my bro and my friends used to play PSO for hours on the gamecube splitscreen. I was so disappointed when I found out PSU not only didn't have splitscreen but also made you have to unlock offline.

NoiseHERO
Feb 6, 2011, 04:03 AM
I agree, my bro and my friends used to play PSO for hours on the gamecube splitscreen. I was so disappointed when I found out PSU not only didn't have splitscreen but also made you have to unlock offline.

Are you dualEXE from LaTale forums e_e?

Blizz3112
Feb 6, 2011, 05:12 AM
You should first worry about the fact if it will ever be made on a console like PS3... Because giving this option to the PC system is pointless...
Also, PC had always the advantage (PSOBB PC version) of the quick menu that perhaps isn't really possible on a console...

RemiusTA
Feb 6, 2011, 05:25 AM
I know this is a bit off-topic, but:

So, people you meet on the internet can't be "real" friends? I'm inclined to disagree. Some of the best people I've ever met in my entire life, I've met on Xbox LIVE, or other virtual mediums.

No matter how well you know the person, i've come to find that honestly, it's just more fun when you're together in person. A headset and a full screen to myself just oddly enough never has done as much for me as that tiny little screen i get when i do 4-player PSO with some buddies. We just all collectively have more fun.

Thats kind of what i meant. I didn't mean to imply that you have no friends if u met all of them over the internet.

Corey Blue
Feb 6, 2011, 12:40 PM
i dont care. I just want to play on my TV.

For a split-screen offline mode, i think allowing us to download our character data OFF the server would allow us to have some kind of fun without the issue of easy hacking that comes with client-to-server transfers.

Or something. Im sick and tired of not being able to enjoy my videogames with REAL friends anymore. Jesus.
Cant agree with you on this one,consoles=death to the pso community.

NoiseHERO
Feb 6, 2011, 02:34 PM
the party like feel of 4 player on pso is actually what made me a phantasy star fan...when I only played 1 player it was okay, but got boring QUICK.

When my friends forced me to play 4 players after I lent them the game, I suddenly fell in love.

Ryudo
Feb 6, 2011, 04:45 PM
Split screen and/or LAN would be amazing, it's a great way of introducing friends to the series too

DualEXE
Feb 6, 2011, 06:36 PM
Are you dualEXE from LaTale forums e_e?On OGP? Yes.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Feb 6, 2011, 07:40 PM

^ This, I had the most fun with PSO when playing with my buddies on the same console. It's just more fun when you have your friends sitting right next to you sharing the experience with you and I'd love to see that come back.

Cant agree with you on this one,consoles=death to the pso community.

If this were true then we wouldn't even have a PS game for PC in the first place. Keep in mind that a game like PSO/PSU isn't nearly as unique as it would be on consoles.

Granted PC offers a lot more in the way of potential for updates ect, but there are a few people out there who won't even get the game if it's PC only. (myself included)

But we'll just hae to wait and see how it all pans out.

Corey Blue
Feb 7, 2011, 02:58 AM
^ This, I had the most fun with PSO when playing with my buddies on the same console. It's just more fun when you have your friends sitting right next to you sharing the experience with you and I'd love to see that come back.

If this were true then we wouldn't even have a PS game for PC in the first place. Keep in mind that a game like PSO/PSU isn't nearly as unique as it would be on consoles.

Granted PC offers a lot more in the way of potential for updates ect, but there are a few people out there who won't even get the game if it's PC only. (myself included)

But we'll just hae to wait and see how it all pans out.

I'm sorry but I just don't trust SEGA to do consoles anymore.It was fun for it's time though.(Loved pulling all nighters with my cuzzins and friends.)But at the end of the day,I'll be playing with you guys,and consoles are only going to make things one sided for us and complicated.(The only thing that could change my mind,is if it's cross platforming,other then that no.)But that's just my opinion,and yeah all we can do is wait.I'll be getting the damn game anyway.

NoiseHERO
Feb 7, 2011, 03:01 AM
I'm worried about how much PC power is going to be required to actually run this game... But they promised us infinite content and I'm sure there was a huge argument about how consoles would fit into that.

And still no signs of the game being put on console, but who knows what we'll find out in april. I don't mind pc OR console, I have a nice tv but I can also just hook my pc up to the TV if I wanted to see the game huge that badly.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 7, 2011, 03:04 AM
... But they promised us infinite content

When was this stated and where?

Corey Blue
Feb 7, 2011, 03:13 AM
When was this stated and where?
http://www.pso-world.com/news/02318-more-pso2-details-translated-sega-teaser-video
That's a bold statement for SEGA to make lmao.

Wayu
Feb 7, 2011, 03:14 AM
Perhaps it's a nod to Infinity?

-Wayu

Corey Blue
Feb 7, 2011, 03:17 AM
Perhaps it's a nod to Infinity?

-Wayu

Knowing SEGA it could mean anything.But I doubt it's linked to Infinity since it takes place somewhere different.:-?

RenzokukenZ
Feb 7, 2011, 03:53 AM
We'll see just how infinite the content will be in April, or even in the summer with the Alpha test.

•Col•
Feb 7, 2011, 01:35 PM
Knowing SEGA it could mean anything.But I doubt it's linked to Infinity since it takes place somewhere different.:-?

dat subspace travel

NoiseHERO
Feb 7, 2011, 02:55 PM
dat subspace travel

You mean like, in super mario bros 2?

Drawers
Feb 7, 2011, 07:29 PM
Why would it be PC exclusive? PS originated on a console, a majority of its fanbase are relate to its console versions. Wtf is with everyone on this PC bull-ish? PSU sucked balls, and nobody cares about episode 4 except for like the 5 of you who play PC games. Obviously I'm being sarcastic, but its fanbase is not primarily from its late PC ports.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 7, 2011, 11:07 PM
Perhaps it's to take advantage of making additional content later on that will only require you to download patches rather than buy a game disk every time something new is added. This is of course if PSO2 turns out being an MMORPG rather than an Action RPG with Online capabilities.

Corey Blue
Feb 7, 2011, 11:22 PM
Why would it be PC exclusive? PS originated on a console, a majority of its fanbase are relate to its console versions. Wtf is with everyone on this PC bull-ish? PSU sucked balls, and nobody cares about episode 4 except for like the 5 of you who play PC games. Obviously I'm being sarcastic, but its fanbase is not primarily from its late PC ports.

To many management problems dealing with the consoles,but we'll see what happens.Plus pc would be a smart move.(Also I'm sure some of you may think you need a super duper computer to run this game,but I highly doubt it.)

keizeh
Feb 7, 2011, 11:29 PM
You guys say that like you can't get a large computer moniter thats HIGHER definition than a TV.
Look at all the other online games that are designed with console in mind. It holds the PC version back by alot( which is what most people play online games on :/ )
Console nubs. Ruining one game at a time.

Corey Blue
Feb 7, 2011, 11:34 PM
You guys say that like you can't get a large computer moniter thats HIGHER definition than a TV.
Look at all the other online games that are designed with console in mind. It holds the PC version back by alot( which is what most people play online games on :/ )
Console nubs. Ruining one game at a time.

You can hook a computer to a TV screen too,if that's the case.

NoiseHERO
Feb 8, 2011, 03:01 AM
You can hook a computer to a TV screen too,if that's the case.

It looks beautiful, too. ]:

I hope we don't get into a giant console warlord vs pc enthusiast bit next... I was just saying what I heard from that first chunk of info we ever got about pso2. e_e

Personally I'd prefer console too if I could afford it, still assuming that it would mean the before mentioned "Infinite content" and game tweaks (Like how aion expansions/patches whatever can completely update the graphics.)

Arkios
Feb 9, 2011, 12:20 AM
I'll bet the "infinite content" thing is going to turn out to be something stupid. For instance, in PSO you had the "always changing" map when you zoned in that could be a different series of pre-set maps. Maybe they came up with a way to deliver a completely random map every time you start a fresh zone... thus technically offering "infinite content".

Just a thought.

goldbrease
Feb 9, 2011, 12:38 AM
1) PS3/360 Console Support

2) 4-Player Offline Splitscreen.

Seriously, PSU would have gotten tons more time from me if i could actually enjoy it with my friends and introduce new friends to it like i could with Ep. 1&2.

i'm starting to think there will not be a 360 version since the news update states.

"As before, codes will be sent to eligible players via e-mail. Also, this offer does not extend to those who subscribe to the game through Hangame or those who play the Xbox 360 version."

if they are not doing a 360 version, then their is a good chance there will be no ps3 version as well.

Corey Blue
Feb 9, 2011, 01:02 AM
i'm starting to think there will not be a 360 version since the news update states.

"As before, codes will be sent to eligible players via e-mail. Also, this offer does not extend to those who subscribe to the game through Hangame or those who play the Xbox 360 version."

if they are not doing a 360 version, then their is a good chance there will be no ps3 version as well.

I already know there aint gonna be a 360 version.The way handled it lmao,dont even count on it.Maybe the PS3 since it can cross platform,but other then that,they should know better not to deal Microsoft again.

SELENNA
Feb 9, 2011, 03:14 AM
I bet there won't be offline multiplayer, so they can concentrate on getting the online part right. Also, Hunter's Licence anyone? Though I hope it will be free, my guess is they will charge you.

goldbrease
Feb 9, 2011, 03:31 AM
I already know there aint gonna be a 360 version.The way handled it lmao,dont even count on it.Maybe the PS3 since it can cross platform,but other then that,they should know better not to deal Microsoft again.

i thought they would have learned that with psoxbox, nearly what 2 years of no updates and perpetual christmas?

but for pc they still have to work with microsoft, but not in the manner a console game does.

I bet there won't be offline multiplayer, so they can concentrate on getting the online part right. Also, Hunter's Licence anyone? Though I hope it will be free, my guess is they will charge you.

of course they are gona charge us, theres no way it will be free unless they go to a full cash shop system.

adblog
Feb 9, 2011, 01:19 PM
I want Xbox 360 version.