PDA

View Full Version : PSO 2:Not Global=Fail?

Corey Blue
Feb 10, 2011, 05:34 PM
Ok this has to be the only fear keeping me from getting this game.I don't want to be second rate customer again and I don't trust SoA.I cant see the game being on the 360 or PS3 because splitting the community up is crazy,and one side will suffer.(So my question to you all is,will you still get this game if it isn't global?) http://psucomplaintcorner.blogspot.com/2010/09/keep-pso2-pc-only-please.html

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2011, 05:44 PM
It's not that I won't play if it's not global...?

But...

It would be one of the biggest kicks to the balls that I could imagine...

I don't think sega would or should make us "2nd rate" (Understatement) again but if theres no global we'll pretty much be half as screwed. Assuming the game is good enough to still hold up a good community.

Basically we were tossed the words global support and I'm going to hope it means the most obvious definition.

But c'mon its PS....we're gonna at least TRY it anyway...no matter what tough guy act anyone will put up in terms of their demands not being met. e_e

BIG OLAF
Feb 10, 2011, 05:44 PM
*looks at the link*

Wow, someone actually made a blog about how much they hate PSU? That's laughably sad. If you don't like the game, don't play it, and move on. I might be mistaken in all this (meaning that's not actually what it's about), though, since I actually didn't read anything on the site after seeing the sub-header.

But, getting back to the original query: It would be a horrible mistake for Sega to split their servers between JP and US/EU again. Sorry, Sega my friends, but even though you hate your Western fanbase, we're all going to have to clump together if you want the greatest outcome of success for your PSO2.

As for whether or not I'll still buy it if we're separated from the JP servers: probably.

Corey Blue
Feb 10, 2011, 05:48 PM
*looks at the link*

Wow, someone actually made a blog about how much they hate PSU? That's laughably sad. If you don't like the game, don't play it, and move on. I might be mistaken in all this (meaning that's not actually what it's about), though, since I actually didn't read anything on the site after seeing the sub-header.

But, getting back to the original query: It would be a horrible mistake for Sega to split their servers between JP and US/EU again. Sorry, Sega my friends, but even though you hate your Western fanbase, we're all going to have to clump together if you want the greatest outcome of success for your PSO2.

As for whether or not I'll still buy it if we're separated from the JP servers: probably.

I thought it was kinda funny that he made a whole blog just to bash PSU,but he has some good points.(Dunno why he's bashing it though,when he's playing it.)

NoiseHERO
Feb 10, 2011, 05:53 PM
Some fans are like that...

The more pissed they are at their game not being good enough, the bigger the fan they probably are.

Corey Blue
Feb 10, 2011, 06:02 PM

The more pissed they are at their game not being good enough, the bigger the fan they probably are.

That's true,hardcore fan.(He even got pics with the GM when the PC/PS2 servers got shut down.)

Arkios
Feb 10, 2011, 06:59 PM
*looks at the link*

That website just made it to my favorites list. XD

On-topic: I hope that they allow for us all to play together if we wish, but seperate the servers/ships by region so we can stick to our own language/region if we want to.

I also hope that they do not restrict us to one server per character. It would be nice to freely jump across servers at will like we could in PSO.

Darki
Feb 10, 2011, 07:12 PM
If they don't make it global, this time I'll be smart.

I'll play the western version, but I'll get the japanese too. After I've gotten used to the controls and if the lag is bearable, I'll probably switch to japan if I see the same trend in crappy updates that we got in PSU.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 10, 2011, 07:28 PM
Judging by SEGA's track record at holding back content since the days of PSO, then just stick with the JP version.

Corey Blue
Feb 10, 2011, 07:28 PM

I'll play the western version, but I'll get the japanese too. After I've gotten used to the controls and if the lag is bearable, I'll probably switch to japan if I see the same trend in crappy updates that we got in PSU.

We shouldn't even have to do that,if you see Americans coming in your server,then something is wrong and it should be fixed.(So I hope they take that into consideration and merge us with Japan.) Plus where paying monthly fee's,doesn't japan have a F2P like system?

BIG OLAF
Feb 10, 2011, 07:51 PM
We shouldn't even have to do that,if you see Americans coming in your server,then something is wrong and it should be fixed.(So I hope they take that into consideration and merge us with Japan.) Plus where paying monthly fee's,doesn't japan have a F2P like system?

Japan does have a free course, yes, but it's the bare minimum of PSU. You can't even go to your character's room.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 10, 2011, 08:33 PM
It is quite obvious that, if there is not a single global server, PSO2 will be doomed to obscurity, massively delayed content, and inevitable early closure in the west.

There is absolutely zero chance of this prediction being false.

Wayu
Feb 10, 2011, 08:36 PM
^

Quite the presumption.

I'd like global servers, but it won't kill the game. It would just make it less desirable to play.

-Wayu

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 10, 2011, 09:11 PM
I didn't say it would kill the game, it would just make it a repeat of PSU and PSOBB.

Corey Blue
Feb 10, 2011, 09:22 PM
I didn't say it would kill the game, it would just make it a repeat of PSU and PSOBB.

and that my friend is called Insanity.

FOkyasuta
Feb 10, 2011, 09:26 PM
and that my friend is called Insanity.

2 is ok. 3 is the above.

Corey Blue
Feb 10, 2011, 10:05 PM
^

Quite the presumption.

I'd like global servers, but it won't kill the game. It would just make it less desirable to play.

-Wayu

We'll kill the population yes.Not saying it would kill it because it's separated,but because SoA cant step up and do there job right.(Being fed lies on the official forum,Edward sure can talk,but can he walk.) I cant pay for a game where the damn Mod cant tell the community whats going on to give them some kind of closure.(Will he lose his job or something?) *Crosses fingers for global servers.*

Wayu
Feb 10, 2011, 10:11 PM
Well, it doesn't really bother me (Japanese). It would be nice if I could play with PSOWers, though.

-Wayu

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 10, 2011, 10:12 PM
Don't blame Edward and SoA, they're just doing what SoJ tells them to do.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 10, 2011, 10:13 PM
Well, here's the thing:

Is PSO2 a MMORPG or a RPG with Online capability?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 10, 2011, 10:21 PM
We don't know anything even nearly that specific yet.

However, it would be rather unlikely that the overall formula will be too far removed from that of PSO and PSU.

BIG OLAF
Feb 10, 2011, 10:22 PM
Is PSO2 a MMORPG or a RPG with Online capability?

Considering that PSO and PSU were simply ORPGs, then PSO2 will probably follow suite. I don't think Sega should (or will) dabble in the making of a full-on MMO just yet.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 10, 2011, 10:25 PM
Then that settles it. Don't expect global support then.

Unless they disect the Dreamcast and remember how they pulled it off last time.

Asking Alexandria
Feb 10, 2011, 10:27 PM
if its pc only then it wont sell nearly as much.it started on console and should remain there

Corey Blue
Feb 10, 2011, 10:33 PM
Then that settles it. Don't expect global support then.

Unless they disect the Dreamcast and remember how they pulled it off last time.

Well it did say in the translation video Global Support,it could mean anything though.(Knowing SEGA.)Oh and I'm not bashing Edward,because yeah he is just doing his Job,I just wish he was more in tune with the community.Instead of saying what we wanna here,that's not a good look.I don't respect that. http://www.pso-world.com/news/02318-more-pso2-details-translated-sega-teaser-video?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 10, 2011, 10:39 PM
He's just towing the company line because that's what his job is. You really can't fault him for that, the whole situation blows and there's not a damn thing he can do about it.
if its pc only then it wont sell nearly as much.it started on console and should remain thereYeah because online RPGs are really unpopular on the PC and no one plays them at all.

You are a crazy person.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 10, 2011, 10:40 PM
Global Support probably means some type of support between the in-game planets and if part of your party is in one planet and you're in the other.

Or some other ridiculous excuse. Although that does sound interesting...

Corey Blue
Feb 10, 2011, 10:51 PM
He's just towing the company line because that's what his job is. You really can't fault him for that, the whole situation blows and there's not a damn thing he can do about it.Yeah because online RPGs are really unpopular on the PC and no one plays them at all.

You are a crazy person.

Yeah no disrespect to Edward,but when they make you look like the big cheese and you suddenly vanish,yeah people are gonna talk and say wtf happened to our updates.Why are we being treated this way as paying customers,and this makes Edward seem like the bad guy,but he doesn't say anything.(Unless I missed something.) Yeah and the Global Support in the translation is the only reason why I made this thread,if I didn't see it,I wouldn't have posted this.(This could be something big,and I just wanted to know what your thoughts are about it.)

RenzokukenZ
Feb 10, 2011, 10:59 PM
Well, Global support would be great, but for the most part, there will always be some type of separation between the East and the West sides of the tracks.

Corey Blue
Feb 10, 2011, 11:03 PM
Well, Global support would be great, but for the most part, there will always be some type of separation between the East and the West sides of the tracks.

I mean as long as with them and we get the updates they get,that's all fine and dandy,I don't understand some of them anyway,unless they have a translator put in.I just don't want us out of the loop this time you know,PSU is to far behind,and that's not professional imo.(So hopefully that make it easier on Edward,or whoever is in charge,so we can catch up.)

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Feb 10, 2011, 11:15 PM
*looks at the link*

if you think that's bad, check out the XKCD sucks website, its a website solely made for hating a webcomic, and the site updates regularly i believe

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 10, 2011, 11:44 PM
Yeah, but xkcd does suck.

And so does PSU uh oh.

BIG OLAF
Feb 11, 2011, 12:02 AM
Yeah, but xkcd does suck.

And so does PSU uh oh.

Cool, glad to see you can formulate a well-educated opinion. But, this thread isn't really the correct place for any of that.

Back on-topic:

I'm kind of curious what sort of moderator setup Sega will use if the servers are indeed global. Will they have GMs from each continental locale team up, or have certain sub-servers for certain languages? I'm curious to know. I hope they divulge the information soon. When's the supposed next "big revealing"? April?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 11, 2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah man, we totally need to keep this topic that's already been exhaustively discussed in a handful of other topics completely free of anything that is not absolutely 100% on-topic. Clearly I need to STEP OFF.

And yeah, around April is when we should start hearing more details, allegedly.

BIG OLAF
Feb 11, 2011, 12:11 AM
Yeah man, we totally need to keep this topic that's already been exhaustively discussed in a handful of other topics completely free of anything that is not absolutely 100% on-topic. Clearly I need to STEP OFF.

Now you're catching on.

And yeah, around April is when we should start hearing more details, allegedly.

I'm going to be sorely disappointed if all they do is "officially" announce "PC only", and maybe throw in, like, a five second teaser trailer of some generic, blue planet spinning around.

One of the biggest things they need to address is the "global support" statement, I think. Because, as Ren said, it might just be a clever play on words. Wow, that would be annoying.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 11, 2011, 12:16 AM
I fully expect that "Global Support" does not mean a global server, and is instead some wonderfully engrishy way of saying something about providing better GM availability or something.

This is SEGA we're talking about, after all. Everything in the history of this franchise has shown that any audience outside of Japan is an afterthought only utilized for supplemental income.

Corey Blue
Feb 11, 2011, 12:22 AM
I fully expect that "Global Support" does not mean a global server, and is instead some wonderfully engrishy way of saying something about providing better GM availability or something.

This is SEGA we're talking about, after all. Everything in the history of this franchise has shown that any audience outside of Japan is an afterthought only utilized for supplemental income.
Oh man that would be a kick to the ball's.GM support,do we even need that anymore.(Well only to report hackers.)(Why would they put that in the movie though,that doesn't seem really that important.)Well it is SEGA I guess.Oh God I hope your wrong lmao.I just don't know,we need more info to chew on.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 11, 2011, 12:35 AM
A thought came to mind.

What if Global Support is the support from Japan on the Western side when it comes to content and not in any way a unified community? Better than nothing I suppose.

Corey Blue
Feb 11, 2011, 12:38 AM
A thought came to mind.

What if Global Support is the support from Japan on the Western side when it comes to content and not in any way a unified community? Better than nothing I suppose.

I can live with that,as long as they keep us up with the updates.I just feel safe knowing JP is playing with us,so they don't try to pull one over on us with a update or event.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 11, 2011, 12:41 AM
I'd also like to point out that you all might just be taking these things a bit out of context. These were just words flying by in announcement trailer with zero game footage. There is a distinct possibility that these things are intended to hype up speculation, and in no way relate to what they are actually planning.

Corey Blue
Feb 11, 2011, 12:44 AM
I'd also like to point out that you all might just be taking these things a bit out of context. These were just words flying by in announcement trailer with zero game footage. There is a distinct possibility that these things are intended to hype up speculation, and in no way relate to what they are actually planning.

This is true.

landman
Feb 11, 2011, 01:06 AM
A thought came to mind.

That's how PSU works.

Corey Blue
Feb 11, 2011, 01:21 AM
That's how PSU works.

If SEGA cant learn from their mistakes then,there's just no helping them,and I cant give a company money for second rate service.(Hope it's more info soon.)

NoiseHERO
Feb 11, 2011, 06:52 AM
I don't see how it's impossible to get global support...

Doesn't Xbox360 PSU technically have that already?

Mystil
Feb 11, 2011, 07:56 AM
^by global the OP really means multi-platform. JP PSU 360 =/= global. He wants it the way PSO was from the beginning. US EU and JP servers, accessible by all regions. I want that back as well. Separation of communities is a game killer.

lol well some of us just don't care but are huge fans still. Getting angry in the past has proven to mean next to nothing.

NoiseHERO
Feb 11, 2011, 09:13 AM
^by global the OP really means multi-platform. JP PSU 360 =/= global. He wants it the way PSO was from the beginning. US EU and JP servers, accessible by all regions. I want that back as well. Separation of communities is a game killer.

lol well some of us just don't care but are huge fans still. Getting angry in the past has proven to mean next to nothing.

I'm sure when people mean global play I mean us playing along side the japanese server, so we don't get left behind and mistreated... Including the other consoles on the same server is a given.

When I say "like the xbox 360 server" I mean how they share one server with the japanese players and get the same exact updates...even though pc JP still gets faster updates...which I guess microsoft is partially to blame for xbox 360 failing If segas abandoning their precious JP players on there.

Jinketsu
Feb 11, 2011, 10:22 AM
There is a process for patches and updates to be approved for XBox games, that's for sure.

I'm wondering if SEGA has considered Square-Enix's servers for FFXI and FFXIV. World-wide multi-language servers that are only seperated by population, not country. Here's to hoping!

venn2010
Feb 11, 2011, 09:16 PM

I'll even play smarter, if SEGA's going to disappoint non-Japanese customers again.

And it's simple: they aren't getting my money. Period.

But for now... let's wait & see.

unicorn
Feb 15, 2011, 12:58 PM
Looking at Sega's/Sonic Team's track record with split servers, someone is going to get the shaft. And its not the Japanese.

I don't see why they cant let us all play on the same server, but have split servers in the game like GCN PSO. I know they are very xenophobic, but its 2011, and Final Fantasy has no problem with having everyone play on a global server.

If they pull that stunt again, I say we all just play PSO2 on JP servers or just wait til FFXIV gets better.

keizeh
Feb 21, 2011, 11:27 AM
A thought came to mind.

Sorry to burst your bubble...

Why would they even advertise that when as far as they are concerned, only the Japanese know about this officially. So theres no reason to so "Oh well, the westerners are getting full support to" when we aren't even involved at this point.
And add on to that Japan hates westerners anyways...

Kaziel
Feb 21, 2011, 11:40 AM
And add on to that Japan hates westerners anyways...

... lol.

Kimil Adrayne
Feb 21, 2011, 12:17 PM
Global severs, with some built in basic Google translator-ish support would be grand (more of a wet dream really).

But, since this isn't likely I'm divided on importing or not. The JP version would be a functional version of the game (better, faster updates and content with more support and population). The Western version would be a more fun version of the game (could actually understand the game and I have RL friends and online friends to play with)

A better game or better game environment? Damn it Sega, make a worldwide server.

Corey Blue
Feb 26, 2011, 05:37 AM
http://psucomplaintcorner.blogspot.com/2011/02/debating-pso2-global-support.html <----- I agree with him,he made another blog post replying to us,I feel special.:-P (Hopefully SEGA care's enough to make international servers,I cant see them not doing it,don't they know we get little to no updates,and where already a small community,make us bigger and happier!)

venn2010
Mar 1, 2011, 01:18 AM
Global severs, with some built in basic Google translator-ish support would be grand (more of a wet dream really).

But, since this isn't likely I'm divided on importing or not. The JP version would be a functional version of the game (better, faster updates and content with more support and population). The Western version would be a more fun version of the game (could actually understand the game and I have RL friends and online friends to play with)

A better game or better game environment? Damn it Sega, make a worldwide server.

And if it's like how it was in the past, so called "fun" version could get shut down faster too, and only way left to play would be the "functional" version. And that may be bit frustrating if you can't understand the language.

Mr Champloo
Mar 1, 2011, 01:25 AM
I would like the option to connect to an US server,Global server or JP server.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 1, 2011, 01:33 AM
That would be really stupid.

Just make one global server, and players of different nationalities will naturally drift to separate ships/universes/whatevers.

Mr Champloo
Mar 1, 2011, 01:36 AM
That would be really stupid.

Just make one global server, and players of different nationalities will naturally drift to separate ships/universes/whatevers.

Actually just label one ship US and one JP and so on.

Corey Blue
Mar 1, 2011, 02:00 AM
Actually just label one ship US and one JP and so on.

Like server channels,if SEGA doesn't listen,well fuck em I got the TSW and WoD to look forward to spend my time and money on.I'm done here if they announce segregated servers.Edward be getting chewed up on the forums,international servers would put it to a stop.(But knowing SEGA they don't give a fuck I guess.) I'll be back when it's some more news.