PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Easiest / Best way to play PSU on Mac...?

DPShiro
Feb 12, 2011, 12:27 PM
I'd like to try out JP PSU, but we only have Mac's at home. What is the easiest and/or best way to run JP PSU on OSX?

I don't want to install some dirty windows or something via boot camp, surely there must be a better way?

Thank you for your help.

edit: Oh and don't go "buy a pc" because i don't want a dirty pc in my home. They are even filthier than beasts, and smell worse.

Asking Alexandria
Feb 12, 2011, 12:41 PM
dirty?lmao

re
Feb 12, 2011, 06:18 PM
what about running it in a virtual machine?

Ryno
Feb 12, 2011, 06:43 PM
heh. i wanted to do the same running it on a mac. so then i bought a hard drive for i think $200 and then needed boot camp. but it was too much hassle so i bought a new lap top last year just to play JP servers.

DPShiro
Feb 12, 2011, 06:43 PM
what about running it in a virtual machine?

How does that work?
Could you maybe give some info/link on this?

DPShiro
Feb 12, 2011, 06:46 PM
heh. i wanted to do the same running it on a mac. so then i bought a hard drive for i think $200 and then needed boot camp. but it was too much hassle so i bought a new lap top last year just to play JP servers.

This is what i'm afraid of -to much hassle :(
This is actually a test to get a feel to play on my laptop or stationary for if PSO2 turns out to be pc onry, which would suck.

I've read somewhere that you can install some Mac program who emulates a PC install ¨something~something, but i couldnt get so much info on it.

Ryno
Feb 12, 2011, 07:00 PM
This is what i'm afraid of -to much hassle :(
This is actually a test to get a feel to play on my laptop or stationary for if PSO2 turns out to be pc onry, which would suck.

I've read somewhere that you can install some Mac program who emulates a PC install ¨something~something, but i couldnt get so much info on it.

yeah i tired to do it. even bought a soft ware that will change into a windows desktop but then it says i need to start all over. which i am not doing. and thats how i bought a hard drive. but then when i bought a hard drive it then said i needed boot camp. more extra money. and i keep having errors with some installation. etc etc. and thats why i bought a lap top. so that means i think i wasted maybe $300 over nothing. :( well the hard drive is good when i need to store music or anything needed. :)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 12, 2011, 07:32 PM
To my knowledge, you can't, due to GameGuard.

You should have a PC anyway, though!

NoiseHERO
Feb 12, 2011, 07:41 PM
Windows PC's are dirty horrible devices? Just out of curiosity how do you even develop such a mentality? @_@ Maybe you're just exaggerating...?

Lucidia
Feb 12, 2011, 07:50 PM
Don't know how well the JP version would work on linux, but a linux partition with WINE to installed has been successful with the US version. I'm sure someone running PSUJP with linux would answer it more clearly than I could, but it could be worth a shot.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 12, 2011, 07:53 PM
Again, Linux doesn't work either unless you bypass GameGuard, which isn't exactly within the bounds of the terms of use.

To clarify, the problem is that GameGuard integrates itself into the Windows kernel, so to my knowledge it only works on an actual Windows OS, not an emulated environment like WINE.

NB: I may be wrong.

Retri
Feb 13, 2011, 04:59 PM
It runs and is playable in on my Macbook Pro with Parallels 4 on Vista for me. The performance is ok but not great so I'm waiting on some screen shots to configure the graphic settings as it's suffering a bit of slowdown when there's a lot on the screen.

I'll be upgrading to Parallels 6 soon, it's supposed to be quite a bit faster although I think running windows natively in boot camp would be a better option than running windows emulated but I need to clear HD space before I can try that.

re
Feb 13, 2011, 11:23 PM
How does that work?
Could you maybe give some info/link on this?

I know that there is vmware fusion for mac
no idea if it will work with psu but I'll try the pc version vmware and let you know