PDA

View Full Version : Game April can't come fast enough, & I can't wait.

venn2010
Feb 12, 2011, 11:16 PM
AFAIK, for the first time in history, PS3 gets better deal on a multi-platform game than Xbox360. And butthurt (?) 360'ers can't blame the devs, since it's Micro-Greedy-Soft's fault.

Yeah, I mean Portal 2... PS3 gets free Steam copy of PC version, not to mention possible cross platform play with PC & Mac.

Suddenly, PS3 looks so gooooood...

In the mean time, I guess this could amuse me for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oaql6f7j9c&hd=1

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 12, 2011, 11:25 PM
AFAIK, for the first time in history, PS3 gets better deal on a multi-platform game than Xbox360. And butthurt (?) 360'ers can't blame the devs, since it's Micro-Greedy-Soft's fault.

Its not a Sexblox. I don't wanna hear about people so excited they mess their pants over games. These buzz terms are bad and everyone should feel bad.

Nah, that grill is still bad. After your 4 hour game the first time - with 4 million weirdo fanboys n gals on the web still terrible joking, even if somewhat longer as a sequel, what else you gonna do on PSTriple?!

Prob updates. System update.

All game systems are bad. But not the Turbografix, that shit was tight.

Randomness
Feb 13, 2011, 12:55 AM
I'm waiting for March, for Pokemon and Dissidia.

Is Portal 2 that close?

Zarode
Feb 13, 2011, 02:24 AM
PC Gaming.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 13, 2011, 04:47 AM
PC Gaming.
PC-ENGINE.

No u/now wut XBLOX.

Palle
Feb 14, 2011, 05:17 AM
These buzz terms are bad and everyone should feel bad.
Oh man, old man, this is so my motto for 2011.

:tea:

Delete
Feb 14, 2011, 06:35 AM
Xbox360. And butthurt (?) 360'ers can't blame the devs, s

Lol butthurt over Portal? Not me, I think the game was creative and stuff, but it wasn't my kind of game. This coming from someone who owns 100+ 360 games (including orange box). My PS3 only looked good when It was being sold to a friend.

W0LB0T
Feb 14, 2011, 11:34 AM

I ain't even mad

Outrider
Feb 14, 2011, 01:58 PM
Lol butthurt over Portal? Not me, I think the game was creative and stuff, but it wasn't my kind of game. This coming from someone who owns 100+ 360 games (including orange box). My PS3 only looked good when It was being sold to a friend.

Quantity doesn't represent quality, and never has this been more true than when reviewing your game collection.

Delete
Feb 14, 2011, 02:16 PM
Quantity doesn't represent quality, and never has this been more true than when reviewing your game collection.

Well the 360 library does have 100+ games that are actually good, and those are the ones I've gotten. If you see my games, your not gonna find something like Surfs up or Avatar, because I check up on a game before I buy it. Yes I have like every Halo and games like Gears of war and Call of Duties, and while a portion of people on this site don't seem to like shooters and may say Portal is better, that doesn't change the fact that the games I mentioned sells a lot of copies, so they must not suck. Love or hate it, games like halo and Cod do have quality.

Outrider
Feb 14, 2011, 04:49 PM
I wasn't talking about Halo or Call of Duty.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 14, 2011, 05:44 PM
Someone might wrongly equate XBLOX as having 100 Halos Maddens Call of Duty and Gears of Wars already then too!

Copies sold?

Macarena vs Britney Spears: New Age of Zeros

venn2010
Feb 15, 2011, 12:13 AM
LOL.

Where iz mah lawn chair when I need one? :wacko:

More amusement (why didn't I see these sooner?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJbot61EeOI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJbot61EeOI

What do you know, Diamonds are actually DANGEROUS!!!1 Ladies should take heed, before passive aggressively force their partner for one (see 0:57):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5I3VnCHWsU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5I3VnCHWsU

Nitro Vordex
Feb 15, 2011, 05:13 PM
What is this weeaboo shit that's getting posted with Portal. I'm disappointed, because now Portal has to go to all the creepy weeaboos with PS3's.

PC4LYFE

I like my Sega Genesis more than any of the current consoles.

joefro
Feb 15, 2011, 05:56 PM
I came into this thread thinking it was going to be Mortal Kombat related.

I am disappoint.

I'm also tired of this new ps3 fangirl.

Outrider
Feb 15, 2011, 06:29 PM

Why?

Unless it's 1992 and you're either 13 or the parent of a 13-year-old, nobody should give a damn about Mortal Kombat.

Unless it's that weird online series they're starting up. I'd allow interest in that.

EDIT: On second thought, I just re-read the goofy, goofy plot to that series and I can't help but like how terrible it is.

joefro
Feb 15, 2011, 06:45 PM
This is why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksaZmXzmRp8

BIG OLAF
Feb 15, 2011, 06:50 PM
I didn't care about Portal. Therefor, one can deduce that I certainly don't care about Portal 2.

Outrider
Feb 15, 2011, 10:52 PM
This is why: YouTube - Mortal Kombat 9 - E3 2010 Demo Gameplay [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksaZmXzmRp8)

That looks as awkward and terrible as every previous Mortal Kombat game.

This receives the official Outrider stamp of disapproval.

venn2010
Feb 16, 2011, 12:06 AM
What is this weeaboo shit that's getting posted with Portal. I'm disappointed, because now Portal has to go to all the creepy weeaboos with PS3's.

PC4LYFE

I like my Sega Genesis more than any of the current consoles.

I am disappoint.

I'm also tired of this new ps3 fangirl.

Haha. Too bad. I'm glad to disappoint some people. I hope the door doesn't hit you on the way out.

Kekekeke. :rolleyes:

And about Mortal Kombat... nothing will top its glorious days of MK2.

Delete
Feb 16, 2011, 01:16 PM
I wasn't talking about Halo or Call of Duty.

Well that's a tiny example. I also have Fable 2 and 3, Alan Wake, Vanquished,Fallout 3 and NV,Dead space 1 and 2, Rockband 1,2, and 3....and obviously a ton more. Are you saying they don't have quality?

DLShAdOw
Feb 16, 2011, 01:48 PM
Portal requires too much mouse movement. It would be really hard on a console.

Outrider
Feb 16, 2011, 03:27 PM
Well that's a tiny example. I also have Fable 2 and 3, Alan Wake, Vanquished,Fallout 3 and NV,Dead space 1 and 2, Rockband 1,2, and 3....and obviously a ton more. Are you saying they don't have quality?

By your numbers, you have now named exactly 11% of your games. If only 11% of them are good, you might be in trouble.

Portal requires too much mouse movement. It would be really hard on a console.

Portal isn't hard at all with a gamepad.

Delete
Feb 18, 2011, 01:22 PM
^ I'll get another pic up soon (one that you can actually see this time) of all my games whenever I get unlazy.

BIG OLAF
Feb 18, 2011, 02:38 PM

I see a couple that aren't "quality" games. But, besides that, those are all good'uns.

Jinketsu
Feb 18, 2011, 03:15 PM
Call of Duty is like the Madden of shooters. There's a new one every year. That doesn't necessarily make it a bad franchise - of which it definitely is not - but rather makes most gamers (who give it thought, anyway) feel like the franchise is quite watered down from a more expansive experience they could've spent $60 on from the previous title.

Halo is a good example.

But what makes you think Outrider's comment has to do with FPS games?

venn2010
Feb 18, 2011, 10:06 PM
Call of Duty is like the Madden of shooters. There's a new one every year. That doesn't necessarily make it a bad franchise - of which it definitely is not - but rather makes most gamers (who give it thought, anyway) feel like the franchise is quite watered down from a more expansive experience they could've spent $60 on from the previous title.

I remember the very FIRST Call of Duty... back in early 2000's, was it (don't remember for sure)? Now that was a fun game. I donno what to say about the sequels of today, however.

But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU! :D

Uploaded toady by Valve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYsfhxnX-Zg

Randomness
Feb 19, 2011, 01:52 AM
By your numbers, you have now named exactly 11% of your games. If only 11% of them are good, you might be in trouble.

Portal isn't hard at all with a gamepad.

Really? I ran into a number of locations that basically required me to to jump, look down, fire the gun, look up, and fire at a wall as I came out of the ceiling. (Besides aligning the portals so I didn't get turned as I passed through)

Might not have been an ideal solution, but its what worked, and I don't want to try that on a stick.

Does Portal 2 have a map editor? Because it should.

Delete
Feb 19, 2011, 12:12 PM
But what makes you think Outrider's comment has to do with FPS games?

Because not too many people on this site seem to care about games like Halo,Gears, or Call of Duties. I myself will try pretty much anything, but I think a selection of people on this site tend to love RPG's with a little something different here and there but nothing that will take them away for long.

Just a little recap, look up the Call of Duty MW 2 thread if ya can find it and check out all the negative feedback from everyone.

Outrider
Feb 19, 2011, 12:17 PM
I can assure you all that my taste isn't divided up along genre lines.

Really? I ran into a number of locations that basically required me to to jump, look down, fire the gun, look up, and fire at a wall as I came out of the ceiling. (Besides aligning the portals so I didn't get turned as I passed through)

Might not have been an ideal solution, but its what worked, and I don't want to try that on a stick.

I don't see what the problem would be? You just do it with a stick instead of a mouse.

I've played through Portal a number of times on both PC and 360 and there really isn't any significant difference, especially not due to controls.