PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 keep failing ancient invader client quest

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 16, 2011, 03:28 PM
Trying to do the twin dagger only AI client quest but I keep "failing" it and I dont know why.

I am only using Twin Daggers for damage, Obviously.

I heal/buff with rod outside of combat except boss battle, to make sure nothing dies while it is equipped.

I am not using traps or mirage blast

but again and again it keeps failing me. Is there something I don't know about that could be causing it? Is switching to rod in middle of boss battle to buff/heal a bad thing or something?

Rehks
Feb 16, 2011, 03:55 PM
I think you just answered your own question. Buffing still takes PP which equals a different weapon skill. I say just stick to the items that boost your attack & Def.
(Forgot what names they were.They were like shiftraid/debaraid or sumthing?)

Gintoki-kun
Feb 16, 2011, 04:14 PM
She did answered her own queston,when they say "only said weapon" then it will be only that throughout the whole mission,just use Shiftaride and Debanride

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 16, 2011, 04:36 PM
I have completed at least 10 other weapon only client quests using rod to buff and heal and they didnt fail

Gintoki-kun
Feb 16, 2011, 04:51 PM
I have completed at least 10 other weapon only client quests using rod to buff and heal and they didnt fail

Are you doing the one by the female client? If so I heard that Rengoku Gren or Ensa somehow was a glitch in the client mission when there was suppose to be "said mandated weapon" only completion and the client quest was completed o.o I don't know if it still works or even does for the JP version.

Blizz3112
Feb 16, 2011, 04:56 PM
From site:

# You may:

* Use SUVs, Mirage Blasts or Nanoblasts
* Die (multi mode)
* Fail to land a hit before a monster dies (i.e. have others do the work for you)
* Have another weapon equipped in your other hand
* Use other weapons for different purposes (buffing/healing, walking using Tornado Dance; what about non-fatal damage?)

# You can not:

* Get a kill without having the right weapon equipped (is it okay if you kill using the weapon in your other hand? no)
* Use traps (except for the trap order; or is this acceptable as long as the trap does not get the kill?)
* Wear the wrong weapon when someone else gets a kill (?)

Last line is weird but might be the reason you lose...

Mike
Feb 16, 2011, 06:50 PM
I will also add that if an enemy dies while you have your pallet open, then you count as "unequipped" to game and you will fail.

The simple way to do this is to not use a rod at all. Go in with the your daggers and never change weapons. Open the menu to use mates. It's a pain in the butt but its a sure way to finish the mission.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 16, 2011, 07:27 PM
does that include when palette is open to use mates and such? Seems a pretty lame bug...

Mike
Feb 16, 2011, 07:49 PM
does that include when palette is open to use mates and such? Seems a pretty lame bug...
Yes, it does. However, using the menu doesn't count as being unequipped.

SammaeltheDark
Feb 16, 2011, 08:05 PM
Are you doing the one by the female client? If so I heard that Rengoku Gren or Ensa somehow was a glitch in the client mission when there was suppose to be "said mandated weapon" only completion and the client quest was completed o.o I don't know if it still works or even does for the JP version.
Taken from http://psp2.psupedia.info/Talk:Client_requests Looks like using the Rengoku blades corrupts your install data if you use that exploit while in Story Mode. Also the edit is timestamped Nov.2010 which is well after PSPo2 US and the JP 1.01 patch so I'd think the exploit is still around.

On the other hand the talk page points out that if you're multi mode you can get right up to the boss room/end of mission, head back to Clad 6, accept the mission, and then only finishing the last encounter with the proper weapon. Ceresa to the rescue once again, apparently

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 16, 2011, 08:24 PM
I havent used any exploits as far as I can tell, but I will certainly try out that second option in multimode of the problem persists after my next run. Since I normally only pull my rod between battles, and previous time attack had quickly killable bosses (moreso than these two) it wasnt a problem needing rebuff in combat so will bring the buff items for angelus this time around.

SammaeltheDark
Feb 17, 2011, 12:31 AM
Good luck

(notably I do not mention how many times I've screwed up this exact same client request <_< >_>)

Syonu
Feb 17, 2011, 06:27 PM
For this Client Request, when I got to Angelus, I pulled out Twin Sabers and beat him to within an inch of his life with Blade Destruction. Then I switched back to Twin Daggers to finish him off and I completed the request.