PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know.......

KreaK
Feb 16, 2011, 06:16 PM
I know this is a rather early topic, but does anyone know what type of graphics PSO2 will have. I know that they are making it along side of PSP2 Infinity, or whatever, so will the graphics look more "hand held system" graphics or "Game cube/pc graphics."

NoiseHERO
Feb 16, 2011, 06:39 PM
LOL I doubt that's what they meant by being developed along side psp2i...er as long as the graphics meet at least ps2 standard I'm not complaining...but this is 2011 and technically this is gonna be a big game in the franchise.

If you look at the portable games, both psp2 and psz kind of push the graphical limit of their respective portable consoles, I'd assume this would want to compete with current gen PC games as well.

So basically... We might not have LOLFFXIV graphics but It may be almost as good at MOST.

Either way expect something better than psu's graphics.

But now that you bring up the development mentality of being made alongside psp2i, it makes the gameplay an even bigger mystery...e_e

Mike
Feb 16, 2011, 07:02 PM
But now that you bring up the development mentality of being made alongside psp2i, it makes the gameplay an even bigger mystery...e_e
It goes from "We know nothing," to "We still know nothing."

Wayu
Feb 16, 2011, 07:03 PM
Well, consider that it's 10 years after PSO. The graphics (I'm guessing) will be at least on the level of FFXIII on the Xbox 360.

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
Feb 16, 2011, 07:32 PM

I KNOW!!! :O

Arkios
Feb 16, 2011, 09:08 PM

QFT. Until April at least...

RemiusTA
Feb 17, 2011, 11:24 PM
Well, consider that it's 10 years after PSO. The graphics (I'm guessing) will be at least on the level of FFXIII on the Xbox 360.

-Wayu

This is sort of what im thinking, although not quite at FFXIII's level.

I look at it this way. When Sonic Team/SEGA wants a game to sell, they go all out when it comes to graphical quality.

I.E., Sonic Heroes (looked great for its time), Sonic Unleashed (beautiful as hell), Sonic Colors (up there with Mario Galaxy 2, honestly)....

If they're really putting forth effort with this game, it'll be on Sonic Unleashed's graphical level at the very least. And that is a very good thing, because that game was very, very pretty.

Dongra
Feb 17, 2011, 11:32 PM
Well, consider that it's 10 years after PSO. The graphics (I'm guessing) will be at most on the level of FFXIII on the Xbox 360.

-Wayu
I think this might be a little more accurate.

NoiseHERO
Feb 18, 2011, 01:41 AM
Sonic unleashed graphical level...e_e

I hope the graphical settings are really flexible for us with crappy computers...regardless I'm just as screwed if consoles are added.

Hate being poor. >______________________>

Jinketsu
Feb 18, 2011, 08:11 AM
I would imagine they would want their game to appeal to most audiences, and pretty graphics will definitely pull a lot of people in. Though they don't necessarily have to focus on using a million polygons. Just look at FFXI. That game, while cearly looking outdated, is still a beautiful world to run around in, and can graphically surprise a lot of people in some of the areas.

I wouldn't put it on FF13's standards, but I'm expecting at least up to Zelda:Twilight Princess' standards.