PDA

View Full Version : Rei/Kenta art dump 2: Pokemon update, gotta draw 'em all

Rei-San
Feb 20, 2011, 12:29 AM
Wow, I've been away for a while. Did ya'll miss me? :)

Uploading my new art. I decided that I wanted to go with a new direction with my art. I already identified how I want my art to look and the direction I would like to go with them, so as a community It would really help me if everyone here hinted me where I should go from here.

Basicly I wanted my art to have the style that's smooth and cartoony, and at the same time let's me add room for detail, like for backgrounds or texture. You can see the style I'm going for in the drawing that you see me do now. So please critique me. :)

I'm also trying to get several fan fictions of the ground as well as publicity for said comics. Me being given some advice on how to start everything off would be greatly appreciated.

To Do List:

To much shit to count. :sad:

Request:
If anyone wants me to draw their PS characters then let me know. I'll see what I can do. If i'm going to be in the art community I wanna get used to drawing what people ask me two. And looking at my work you can tell I pay attention to detail. So don't skip on detail yourself, If you want me draw your character in a certain set of clothes, in a certain background, with a certain weapon, or situation, ect. Let me know. And if you want me to work your character in my fan fic in some way let me know as well, and on that topic of my fan fic if you have a beast character and want me to make him/her into an anthro let me know, tell me what animal you want him/her to be, It could be fun. :smile:

Tsuyuko's Marron;
Mimosa's cast and her pet;
Q's Qox and my Keori;

Art Dump:
.:Yoru the Lucario:.
[spoiler-box]171676127
Character Profile for my Lucario from my Pokemon Isan fanfic
[/spoiler-box]

.:Meido Keori:.
[spoiler-box]156885844
My beast Keori wearing the maid outfit from PSU, with my own alterations.

I think I accidental made her breasts to big. :([/spoiler-box]

.:Ninja Kirby:.
[spoiler-box]172720158
Ninja Kirby is my favorite copy ability for Kirby. Could be cause he's so versatile, or because I am a huge ninja fanboy. :) [/spoiler-box]

.:Hi:.
[spoiler-box]193144875
My Charizard and My Eevee in my pokemon Isan fanfic.[/spoiler-box]

.:Isan fanfic Logo:.
[spoiler-box]184083225
My logo for my pokemon fanfic that I want to start of. [/spoiler-box]

WIP Section:

[spoiler-box] *NEW*
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/GameAlpha/YakumotheTogekiss.jpg

A drawing of my Togekiss for my Pokemon Isan fanfic for her character profile. I'm almost finished just need to do the eyes

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/GameAlpha/Sweettooth.jpg
My Swoobat Ami. She has a huge obsession with sweets, and I wanted to draw a picture showing that. I'm starting to get into art that shows of the personallity for my pokemon. Part of trying to give appeal to a character is to start having them stand out a little more.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/GameAlpha/Alexwip.jpg
The Site Mod AlexCraig is in charge of a pokemon website that he made, and This is a picture of him that He asked me to draw for the web site... Well he didn't ask me, more like I asked him if I can do it. :)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/GameAlpha/TomoeWip.jpg
A picture of my Dewott for my Pokemon Isan fan fic. This isn't a character profile of her, but instead is a stand alone picture. It's coming along greatly, but I don't know how to do a walking motion. Can anyone please help?[/spoiler-box]

Sha Sha
Feb 20, 2011, 01:25 AM
Oh hi! welcome back
And I changed my name too xD
Tsukuyo to Sha Sha xD

qoxolg
Feb 20, 2011, 04:00 AM
Changin names is getting popular eh? I will stick as the Q anyway :wacko:

You're doing a good job lately. Just focus on getting things done though (like my request :wacko:)

A comic is a lot of work by the way! (I can know). If you have questions you can always ask me :)

Mimo
Feb 20, 2011, 09:10 PM
Good to hear from you again. I think you can take me off your request list since you seem pretty busy and I completely forgot about it >.<; I like the fire effects in your new picture and the background isn't too shabby :3

Rei-San
Feb 21, 2011, 02:37 AM
Thank you Mimo. :) I can still do your request, I just need to find it. :wacko:

But now I think I know what I want to do with my art. All I want now is publicity and help putting my fanfic/comics together. I guess that's what we could all talk about together while at the same time I'll upload more art. I'll also upload more WIPs that you can all help me with.

Sorry if I sound so needy, but I honestly want to do more with my art. That and I should start finishing shit like Q said. ^^;

Linka
Feb 21, 2011, 04:56 AM
that lucario supposed to be a female? i'm seeing what appear to be mammary glands, but still not sure.

qoxolg
Feb 21, 2011, 12:27 PM
It's just a matter of planning and focus. Simply don't start working on anything else until the picture is done. A finished picture is more satisfying and gets you easier hyped to make something new.

I actually make up most of my idea's for new art, while I am drawing something else (I don't use much of my brains when I draw, so I en up thinking about other things :wacko: )

Rei-San
Feb 21, 2011, 08:54 PM
that lucario supposed to be a female? i'm seeing what appear to be mammary glands, but still not sure.

yep, boobs. But that's one of the art that I planed to go back and redo. The background is so dull. I'm still thinking about how to make it flashyer.

Rei-San
Mar 10, 2011, 10:17 PM
Bump, plus update.

Just showing people what I have been working on. This is only a few of them that I've been working on at the same time. But these are the ones that I need critique on. Expectially my Dewott. If anyone can give me a good walking reference like the one in the pic, then that would be great.

qoxolg
Mar 11, 2011, 11:56 AM
I don't think reference is what you need. You simply need to understand the walking motion. Most important:
1. When you walk, you'll hardly lift your feet from the ground.
2. When you walk, you always lean on one leg, while the other hooves above the ground (the leg that moves forward). The leg that still is on the ground pushes the hip more upward and the one that moves froward pulls the hip downward. This causes the nice ass-movement. The more your legs move in a straight line, the more the ass will move.
3. I just made this up while walking home from work, so I guess analyzing what you see in real life helps quite a bit to understand certain movement.

4. Try using good stick-models to draw your pose.

Here is a nice tutorial that helped me tons to be able to draw poses without the need of reference (imo reference kills the originality of a drawing, so I don't use reference, unless I have no other options).
http://warrenlouw.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2p3au1