PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 race/class combo ?

Gibdozer
Feb 20, 2011, 02:54 PM
I started my main as a male/beast/hunter, he's lvl 85 now and he really sucks. His accuracy even with striking weapons is garbage. Are beasts just crap? Should I switch his class or just start a new char from scratch? Thinking of playing a human Vanguard, is that a good combo?

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2011, 02:56 PM
equip accuracy units, attack enemies from behind, seek s-ranks with higher ata, being a beast will make up for any atp loss in the process.

Jorry
Feb 20, 2011, 02:57 PM
I suggest using your Beast, but change his type to Vanguard. ACC is still a slight issue, but if you keep deband around you can EVP tank very successfully while still being able to hit as hard as most HUs.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2011, 03:03 PM
Oh yes, also always keep shifta deband up, even if your not a force or braver, shifta helps immensely. Ideally b-rank rods and use the code to get mr ecoecostick s it causes pa's to cost 70% making it great for buffing.

Crimson The FOmar
Feb 20, 2011, 03:05 PM
I suggest using your Beast, but change his type to Vanguard. ACC is still a slight issue, but if you keep deband around you can EVP tank very successfully while still being able to hit as hard as most HUs.

I second this, a male beast vanguard is very effective as an EVP tank with Deband up. Not much less EVP than a newman vanguard, but much better ATP.

While beast hunters do the best damage, I find male cast hunters most effective, as they are second best in damage, but have better HP and MUCH better acc :D

Blizz3112
Feb 20, 2011, 03:06 PM

Why do people advice to change things so drastically...
Like it can't be helped using ACC-increasing slots and using Yohmei equipment. They are practically build to support ACC-lacking classes/races.

Jorry
Feb 20, 2011, 03:07 PM
Personally, I like to use my RAcast. The worry of accuracy is never a problem, and with PP BOOST and PP HI-BOOST I can use my guns to no end with Save Bullet PAs.

Silver_Wyrm
Feb 20, 2011, 03:15 PM
Why do people advice to change things so drastically...
Like it can't be helped using ACC-increasing slots and using Yohmei equipment. They are practically build to support ACC-lacking classes/races.

This is why I give information relevant to the current class combo, I always know there will be a hundred suggestion of how to redo the entire character or make a new one >.>

kamiry/angelic
Feb 23, 2011, 08:05 AM
i agree with the va change or maybe just stick to hit units... ima newman so... i really have no probs with acc UNLESS im using an axe lol.. i HAD a beast ACRO in psp1 lv 100 but acc wasnt a prob either because the main motive is in game hit from back because behind enemies their eva = 0

johnwolf
Mar 4, 2011, 01:05 AM
kinda like beast vanguards. they make the game kinda easy though.

TheAstarion
Mar 4, 2011, 05:22 PM
Depends what you want to do. Humans are still pretty much outclassed in PSP2 despite having the best defense and mental defense. They make a "decent" anything.

Beasts (and Newmans, at high levels there's not much in it) are good because of evasion. With enough evasion, they are pretty much invincible. Vanguard is a good class to exploit evasion, it has the highest, Hunter has the lowest. Also, Vanguard's only real downside is that its PAs only go up to level 20, but this isn't really a big problem as by the time you're finding things significantly over 20 you're already going to be a high level. If you're going melee, Hunter does the highest damage, Vanguard does reliable damage.

Since evasion is THE defensive stat, and the only things that don't have to go through your evasion are techs and other magic specials that work off your mental defense, some say newmans make the best characters with highest evasion and second highest Mdef (MST, Ment, whatever they call it this time). Beasts have the lowest mental defense but have very good HP, so some spell that might do 200 damage to a newman might do 280 to a beast, but the percentage of damage done to health is pretty much the same.

Discarding a beast because he's an inaccurate Hunter is a waste of a potentially good Vanguard. On the other hand, don't be afraid to make other characters, but be aware humans are pretty worthless. Beast Vanguard is a fighter race in a balanced job that can pick up other things but probably won't. Human Hunter is a more balanced race doing a straight-up fighter job who can pick up other things but probably won't. Human Vanguard is taking a balanced race and putting it into a balanced class, making it mediocre at everything.

Everyone gets better PP than Beasts though, even CASTs, who have less, regen so much faster that it's just flat-out better.

Fthawe
Mar 4, 2011, 07:51 PM
I have my main as beast/male/hunter, and I rock!
I use a rod, S rank and I keep an A rank gun for traps.