PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 or PSU2

andrewrew
Feb 21, 2011, 02:11 PM
Just wondering if this game is going to be more of Phantasy star online, or Universe. Or like a 50/50 mix thing between the two. :-?

NoiseHERO
Feb 21, 2011, 02:13 PM
Here it goes...

I'm hoping for the best of both worlds. e_e

andrewrew
Feb 21, 2011, 02:16 PM
So no one really knows? im honestly hoping for more PSO with some things from universe. :o

Blizz3112
Feb 21, 2011, 02:20 PM
A new concept wouldn't be bad either, as long as they execute it to satisfactory results...

Kimil Adrayne
Feb 21, 2011, 02:21 PM
There is no definitive information out about it.
*The teaser trailer had a few words in it (e.g. Arkz) that are from the PSO universe
*The name being PSO2 hints towards there being some relation to the PSO universe (though, this isn't conclusive in the slightest)
*This game was made alongside PSP2i which means the gameplay could be similar to some extent
*It was stated that the game wouldn't take place in Gurhal or Ragol

I don't have to time to link citations to my points, sorry. :c

Kaziel
Feb 21, 2011, 02:21 PM
*strikes another tally on the chalkboard*

I honestly don't know how to answer, this, these threads have been made so many times.

No one knows. This (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2539779#post2539779) is all we know about it.

pikachief
Feb 21, 2011, 03:22 PM
I hope its a fresh brand new idea, with game play aspects from both games but a new art style. New story. Maybe some Dark Force, maybe some Dark Falz, maybe even some Fakis or some new DF :)

Linka
Feb 21, 2011, 03:24 PM
...or they could pull something really weird and make it more like Devil May Cry in gameplay, and gameplay speed, and have the good be dark, and the bad be light.

Kaziel
Feb 21, 2011, 03:27 PM
...or they could pull something really weird and make it more like Devil May Cry in gameplay, and gameplay speed, and have the good be dark, and the bad be light.

Blegh. No thanks. )':

A choice between the two would be okay, but if we were all forced to be Arkz or something... it kinda takes away from the game.

Linka
Feb 21, 2011, 03:28 PM
...honestly, faster gameplay would still be a good thing. if they did pull things up to DMC speed, i'd probably shit myself at the epicness.

Dongra
Feb 21, 2011, 03:36 PM
Yeah, but not everyone is a fan of over the top hack 'n' slash games. Drastically changing the game that much might kill the fan base. I honestly can't see that working out for Phantasy Star.

Kaziel
Feb 21, 2011, 03:44 PM
...honestly, faster gameplay would still be a good thing. if they did pull things up to DMC speed, i'd probably shit myself at the epicness.

Oh, I missed your part about faster gameplay. I'm on the fence about that bit. You should try Vindictus if you like faster-paced morpgs.

Tbh, whatever they release, I'll probably be playing it until they close the servers, so in the end, as long as it isn't a programming pile of :ground: at release like PSU, I'll be okay with it. :D

RAmarl Star
Feb 21, 2011, 10:00 PM
Maybe a mixture of both PSU and PSO. I think they might try something different this time around. Who know's? We'll just have to wait for some more info about it to come out.