PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 The old server

Kimil Adrayne
Feb 23, 2011, 03:08 PM
Anyone miss their characters from the PC/PS2 PSU servers from time to time? I put a lot of time into my main, got about the best weapons I could as a Wartecher (had some shiny 46% Fire Dagger of Serafi for example) and now its all gone. Got nostalgic after running across my old screen shots this morning, I miss that shitty little server :(

Anyone feel the same sometimes?

Ryno
Feb 23, 2011, 03:14 PM
even though i have never played a PC/Ps2 player i miss people playing it. becuase now they barely log on pso-w :(

Kaziel
Feb 23, 2011, 03:53 PM
Some of the things I miss were that there were often so little people scattered around the lobbies inbetween missions (everyone was generally on the main lobby ship), but when you ran into someone it was hard to not become friends with them. It's something I really miss from PSU.

Sinue_v2
Feb 23, 2011, 04:14 PM
I had my characters backed up in the last days the servers were active. I even saw my logged ID in a few of the post-shutdown progress screenshots, but I think that particular avenue of "continuation endeavors" took a shit over some forum drama and all the data was lost.

str898mustang
Feb 23, 2011, 05:03 PM
Just join JP PSU. It's the same server minus the language difference but 10x the content.

Kimil Adrayne
Feb 23, 2011, 10:55 PM
Just join JP PSU. It's the same server minus the language difference but 10x the content.

Also minus the character I spent 1400 hours playing as, and the friends I played with on the PS2/PC server. Also I refuse to pay for the game and the expansion a second time around.

Same problems with joining the 360 servers, PSU is more or less done for me.

Ishia
Feb 23, 2011, 11:13 PM
Also minus the character I spent 1400 hours playing as, and the friends I played with on the PS2/PC server. Also I refuse to pay for the game and the expansion a second time around.

Same problems with joining the 360 servers, PSU is more or less done for me.

The expansion is free, the client is free, Free Course. Do it.

SStrikerR
Feb 23, 2011, 11:42 PM
Not everybody wants to restart and do everything over again, no matter how easy it may be. It's not the same.

Dragwind
Feb 24, 2011, 12:07 AM
I still miss it from time to time as well. After putting in a bit over 8000 hours there, I find it really hard to ever feel like making progress on my 360 account, or even a JP account despite the content.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 24, 2011, 01:08 AM
Don't really miss my characters, no. I don't even miss playing PSU at all, really. Miss some online friends more than anything.

I had my characters backed up in the last days the servers were active. I even saw my logged ID in a few of the post-shutdown progress screenshots, but I think that particular avenue of "continuation endeavors" took a shit over some forum drama and all the data was lost.This is not true.

All the data is up for download somewhere even still. Also, there is still one server project ongoing, but it does not plan to use the logged character data. It will, however, be open source, so you can make your own and use the old data if you like.

When it gets finished, of course.

Dragwind
Feb 24, 2011, 01:18 AM
In essence, the game time on ye old servers provided some semi-permanent things. New acquaintances/friends, experiences, and memories. Of course, there's always screenshots to reflect back on as well.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Feb 24, 2011, 04:23 AM
Yeah I really do :( I spent over 1500 hours on the server, even though I started on JP PSU it jsut didn't feel the same. At first I was so happy to be back but after getting a lot of items i'd longed for on EU servers within a month I kinda ruined the game for myself. Kinda makes me weary of dedicating too much time to my characters on JP, even though I know that server will remain operational for many years to come.

Tifa

Vintasticvin
Feb 24, 2011, 11:53 AM
I never capped any of my characters except a saber skill but yes I do tend to look back on the old times and I just smile ----V
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXYAIX5h6U

Vintasticvin
Feb 24, 2011, 11:55 AM
And Im looking foward to hop on the 360 server ^_^ some of my PC/PS2 PSU friends migrated there and are waiting for me to spread my pure awesomeness all over it :P

str898mustang
Feb 24, 2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah I really do :( I spent over 1500 hours on the server, even though I started on JP PSU it jsut didn't feel the same. At first I was so happy to be back but after getting a lot of items i'd longed for on EU servers within a month I kinda ruined the game for myself. Kinda makes me weary of dedicating too much time to my characters on JP, even though I know that server will remain operational for many years to come.

Tifa

U quit the JP servers b/c u used GC. U sold the stuff u didn't need and bought the items u wanted before u were even capped( This is one of the TOP reasons I do not use GC)

1500 hours? thats nothing, I had over 10,000.

Not wanting to start over blah blah blah, sounds like laziness to me.

Vintasticvin
Feb 24, 2011, 01:29 PM
U quit the JP servers b/c u used GC. U sold the stuff u didn't need and bought the items u wanted before u were even capped( This is one of the TOP reasons I do not use GC)

Sounds more like shes exhausted of PSU for a bit than being lazy or she may have lost interest in the game as with the goals Tifa has been wanting to accomplish for some time.

SStrikerR
Feb 24, 2011, 04:25 PM

No, people can get bored of a game, or just don't want to restart. It's not laziness. And are you seriously bragging about having played more hours? 1500 can be considered a lot by someone. It's subjective.

str898mustang
Feb 24, 2011, 04:49 PM
No, people can get bored of a game, or just don't want to restart. It's not laziness. And are you seriously bragging about having played more hours? 1500 can be considered a lot by someone. It's subjective.

just pointing out the fact that someone who lost a whole lot more than him still has the will to start over. I just didn't lose my chars and such, I lost the only game I played and enjoyed on dial-up connection(the lag didn't bother me). Yes I played PSU on dial-up internet for 3 1/2 years (i couldn't get high speed, I was out in the boonies). There's not many games that run decent on dial-up internet. Suprisingly enough, PSU did and I enjoyed the game. I finally got high speed when I moved out of the boonies and I am still enjoying it on the JP server.

Kaziel
Feb 24, 2011, 05:48 PM
just pointing out the fact that someone who lost a whole lot more than him still has the will to start over. I just didn't lose my chars and such, I lost the only game I played and enjoyed on dial-up connection(the lag didn't bother me). Yes I played PSU on dial-up internet for 3 1/2 years (i couldn't get high speed, I was out in the boonies). There's not many games that run decent on dial-up internet. Suprisingly enough, PSU did and I enjoyed the game. I finally got high speed when I moved out of the boonies and I am still enjoying it on the JP server.

You might be, but it may not interest her. Being lazy in my eyes would be neglecting something that you have to or should do. PSU is neither. Besides, 1500 hours is impressive, 10000 just seems insane. You would have had to play for ~6-8 hours, every day of your life... and that's being lenient.

str898mustang
Feb 24, 2011, 08:57 PM
You might be, but it may not interest her. Being lazy in my eyes would be neglecting something that you have to or should do. PSU is neither. Besides, 1500 hours is impressive, 10000 just seems insane. You would have had to play for ~6-8 hours, every day of your life... and that's being lenient.

NOOOOOT Reallly...10,000 hours is about 416 days( pulled out the ole calculator) Thats a little over a year. I had the game for 3 1/2 years plus I lived in the boonies (my front yard was a 20 acre corn field) I mean what else am I gonna do when the nearest city was 45min away.

pikachief
Feb 24, 2011, 10:04 PM
i personally LOVE starting over in RPGs :) and the stuff from JP PSU and US/EU PSU are so different now in terms of content that it isnt even about getting your stuff back but more about getting brand new stuff :)

str898mustang
Feb 24, 2011, 10:11 PM
i personally LOVE starting over in RPGs :) and the stuff from JP PSU and US/EU PSU are so different now in terms of content that it isnt even about getting your stuff back but more about getting brand new stuff :)

Amen 10char

Splash
Feb 24, 2011, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't mind starting over an RPG that wouldn't take so long replaying. But if you have something like PSU or PSO and you are playing it for over 500 hours (and much more) of continuous repetition, it's pretty hard to start over without accepting that everything you do, you are just wasting more time if you start over than if you continue on with your original characters.

unicorn
Feb 25, 2011, 12:13 AM
My JP characters are immensely better than what my US PC characters couldve been like. Trust me, it goes really quick. Especially with the events and stuff going on every other month.

seph_monkey
Feb 25, 2011, 12:48 AM
oh man i really do miss psu. i miss my friends, my characters and the game! i dont play anything any more. i log on to monster hunter tri every now and then but thats about it.

sure its on 360 but im not a fan of the 360 community, psu is just a fond a memory now...