PDA

View Full Version : Will Sega Make PSU Free?

Psu5675
Feb 25, 2011, 01:59 PM
Make PSU Free PLz Sega ;-):-P

str898mustang
Feb 25, 2011, 02:13 PM
stay as pay

Ishia
Feb 25, 2011, 02:17 PM
This is stupid.

Psu5675
Feb 25, 2011, 02:30 PM
This is stupid.

what this mean
mate

its only a poll mate

Kaziel
Feb 25, 2011, 02:37 PM
Pay to play. Otherwise skill relies on how big your wallet is.

WiZ1988
Feb 25, 2011, 02:38 PM
Money keeps the game going. I wish it was free, but in reality it is fairly cheap. Nothing in life is free my friend lol.

Psu5675
Feb 25, 2011, 02:41 PM
it nice to see what people think

i say free because the psp PSP ver PSP2 is free
AND THE GAME will live on long

BIG OLAF
Feb 25, 2011, 02:53 PM
PSU won't ever be free. Fact.

Akaimizu
Feb 25, 2011, 02:57 PM
The PSP2 game is free, though not sure about the longevity of the infrastructure servers. Plus, they did get partially funded by micro-transactions in Japan. By the time it reached the states, however, PSP2 pretty much doesn't get updates or extra DLC post release. PSP1 was obvious since it uses no servers whatsoever.

PSU, on the other hand, gets server updates, regular maintenance, and people paid to do it. I would imagine the pay system will be in place until the end of it.

Powder Keg
Feb 25, 2011, 04:05 PM
If it were free we wouldn't see crap for updates....no thanks.

ashley50
Feb 25, 2011, 06:36 PM
this is what I think the rest are saying...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/ashley_riot/1295754556239-1.jpg

Justyn_Darkcrest
Feb 26, 2011, 02:15 AM
Keep it pay to play, as mentioned before, we wouldn't see any updates if it was free.
Also, having to pay that little fee is one of the major reasons this game doesn't turn into a carbon copy of the demo.

If I had to deal with a bunch of 12 yr old boys pretending to be 18 yr old lesbians all the time I'd never touch the game again. It's hard enough to find decent ppl to run with as it is.

ablueking
Feb 27, 2011, 11:13 AM
free what did sombody say freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Amaury
Feb 27, 2011, 11:56 AM
Like that'll happen.

oG Epik
Feb 27, 2011, 02:39 PM
Take down to 5-7 dollars

WHlTEKNIGHT
Feb 28, 2011, 04:24 AM
It should not be free just take a look at the demo to see what would happen..........

Ethateral
Feb 28, 2011, 08:15 AM
It should not be free just take a look at the demo to see what would happen..........

This x infinity.

Cranberry
Feb 28, 2011, 09:45 AM
It will be free for the last 1 or 2 months before it gets shut down. And even then you'll only be able to play for free if you've been a paying customer at least once before during the game's lifetime.

Kaziel
Feb 28, 2011, 10:30 AM
I'm surprised this is topic is still alive.

I'm more surprised 1/3 of you voted "yes".

Justyn_Darkcrest
Feb 28, 2011, 03:38 PM
As long as it's the same way they did it for the PS2/PC servers, (you had to pay for the month before shutdown) then I'm ok with it.

Reality is, the fee we pay to play this game keeps the kind of ppl who run the demo (I.E. immature kids mostly) off the servers as they're either not willing to pay, or can't. And I'm fine with this.

If they can come up with a way to make it free while banning the kind of ppl that are just going to sit in the lobby asking for nude pics then sure, I'd be ok with that.

But I wont hold my breath ^.-

TheAstarion
Feb 28, 2011, 06:34 PM
The best solution would be modular content. Say $5 for each new mission pack, pay it once and you can run those missions forever. People pay for this kind of thing in better games like Mass Effect and that's just for personal offline enjoyment. To see the same model on an MMO, look at Dungeons & Dragons Online.

Also, impose all the JP Free Course restrictions on anyone who's not bought any content packs. Content could be things like $5 - Access to My Room and player shops, $10 - access to GAS customisations, $10 - access to Firebreak missions.

Maybe I'm just sour that I didn't have good enough internet to play PSU until after Firebreak and the 1-up cup were long gone. Subscriptions are extremely expensive, and as soon as you stop paying you basically have a game you've paid for that you can't play. Playing for a year, which is not an unreasonable estimation, costs $120 on top of the game. Playing nonstop for 3 years costs more than the Xbox 360 console itself. Modular content is the most fair way to run a game, scrubling cheapskates have a hard time levelling, those who open their wallets get a richer experience. Subscription basically means an infinite cost until the servers shut down, and is especially draconic when you have to jump through hoops to cancel the subscription.

So, IMO, PSU shouldn't be free, but it shouldn't be subscription either. Same for any MMO. Servers cost money to keep going, sure, but not that much. What, forty players and you've covered your server costs? Two hundred and you've got your three members of staff paid? The rest just goes to fund shit like Sonic & the Bad Voice Actors 3: Players Alliance vs. Camera Control.

RedRaz0r
Mar 5, 2011, 10:04 PM
The best solution would be modular content. Say $5 for each new mission pack, pay it once and you can run those missions forever. People pay for this kind of thing in better games like Mass Effect and that's just for personal offline enjoyment. To see the same model on an MMO, look at Dungeons & Dragons Online.

However, compare the success of D&D online to that of a pure subscription based game such as WoW.

Tetsaru
Mar 6, 2011, 12:18 AM
I don't see why Sega hasn't just implemented the option of Free Course OR a paid subscription like they have in Japan. At least then, people could decide whether or not the game's worth paying for.

Of course, PSU's been full of poor game design decisions from the start, so I'm not surprised... :rolleyes:

OldCoot
Mar 7, 2011, 05:01 PM
I think it should stay with paying instead of free. The price makes an excellent firewall from what goes on with the demo.

Ishia
Mar 7, 2011, 06:06 PM
I don't see why Sega hasn't just implemented the option of Free Course OR a paid subscription like they have in Japan. At least then, people could decide whether or not the game's worth paying for.

Of course, PSU's been full of poor game design decisions from the start, so I'm not surprised... :rolleyes:

Because Microsoft won't allow it.

Nereid
Mar 7, 2011, 06:29 PM

Part of the reason FC works in Japan is because FC users can still buy and use GC, which Xbox doesn't have.

TwistedDragon
Mar 8, 2011, 12:16 PM
I think it should stay with paying instead of free. The price makes an excellent firewall from what goes on with the demo.

What he said I vote pay to play.