PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Totally new, just a few questions.

LillyLunardi
Feb 28, 2011, 01:39 AM
Really glad to be able to play PSU again, though trying the JP one. I have yet to find the answers to these questions..hopefully I can get some help.

1. Since I have no room like in the 360 version, how do I buy/sell stuff? I used to have some shop thing in there that let me search items I needed.

2. On that note, without a room do I just sell all the synthesis items? since I cant craft without the partner machinery?

3. How do I run it fullscreen? I'm sure it's something in the options menu before the game launches, but I can't read japanese. If someone can guide me which to click it'd be great.

4. Where do most people play? like what area/mission? I'm currently just soloing in parum till I'm a little higher, but I'd like to jump right in with other players for faster EXP. I remember white beasts mission was the popular one in 360 when I used to play.

5. How do you deal with the language barrier? (assuming you don't know japanese) do you just not talk to anyone? is there a community specifically of english speakers? etc.

That's all I can think of right now, really awesome to be back :D

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 28, 2011, 02:02 AM
1. You can't use player shops at all while playing free course.
2. You can't synthesize at all while playing free course.
3. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/13382566/SWEET%20PIX/jppsuoptionmenu-wip.png
4. I don't know.
5. For most things, just print a chart of katakana and you will be fine. For playing with people, keep in mind that most Japanese players are not going to talk to you (don't take it personally, they do not even talk to each other in lobbies very often). If you don't know any Japanese, you're probably better just exchanging cards with a bunch of English speaking players and using cards to make parties.

LillyLunardi
Feb 28, 2011, 02:12 AM
Thanks!

So basically I could never buy or sell anything aside from NPCs...hmmm..this may be quite different than 360 that's for sure :p

Nereid
Feb 28, 2011, 02:30 AM
4. Currently it's the GC GBR; Dark Satellite, Seed Awakened, Mechanical Ghosts. An event starts Thursday with the update we're getting.
5. Some JP players may try and communicate basic things; most won't. I generally just talk to the other importers that play or solo.

LillyLunardi
Feb 28, 2011, 02:45 AM
Ah, cool..I'l have to check those out.

So how do you guys manage your weapons and armor with no the no buying/selling limitation? I got most of my "uber" gear on the 360 version from buying and selling with others.

I take it LOTS of patience just hoping for drops?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 28, 2011, 03:27 AM
Basically, if you are going to play free course, just play it to enjoy the game. If you are concerned with getting really good equipment, then free course is not for you. Keep in mind that you cannot even make grinders.

LillyLunardi
Feb 28, 2011, 03:58 AM
Well honestly, I'm currently not paying for the 360 PSU, so If I enjoy myself on here I may just start paying for this one.

I wasn't going to bother asking these till I knew if I wanted to get really into it, but I suppose it's good to know.

1) How much is the fee monthly for the pay to play JP PSU?
2) Can I pay with my debit card like I did the 360 PSU? (I live in the USA, so idk how the payment stuff would work..never payed for a game monthly before that is Japanese.)
3) *Important* if I decide to switch to paying, do I have to start a new character in the upgraded mode, or does my current character just unlock their room and get all the features?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Feb 28, 2011, 04:03 AM
1. 1000 Yen, I believe. It's about $12 USD with current conversion rates.
2. Yeah it should work fine.
3. No new characters. You can go back and forth between free and premium course as much as you want, and it is still the same account.

LillyLunardi
Feb 28, 2011, 05:05 AM
Great. Thanks Fuzzy. :)

Nereid
Feb 28, 2011, 11:55 AM
Also, you can only do recurring monthly charge with a US card. There are options for 30 and 100 day passes but you need a JP card to do those.

pikachief
Feb 28, 2011, 02:44 PM
It would be helpful if you can find a nice English speaking player willing to buy you a few things and pay for 1 month just so that u can shop for a few cheap S rank armors/weapons and such just to help you out.

also use psupedia.info so that you can find where everything you need drops fully made so you can go out and hunt whatever you may need :)

I personally <3 free course in the way that i must hunt for things, but i do occasionally pay for GC for some UBAR RAWRZ :P (and cute clothes of course)

LillyLunardi
Feb 28, 2011, 07:59 PM
Everyone I see is super high level xD I'm the only lv.9 I seen.
The rooms I saw for dark satellite where all locked too, only a few. Though it may be because of time differences? unless their is a low population on the JP game? I'm on server 1 atm.

Nereid
Feb 28, 2011, 08:18 PM
It's the time difference. I believe at peak time they have about 10-14 Stars.

LillyLunardi
Feb 28, 2011, 11:17 PM
What is the usual peak time? I'm in EST so I'm sure it's a big gap. I'm usually up pretty late so who knows.

Nereid
Mar 1, 2011, 12:19 AM
I haven't discovered it yet. I'm EST as well...I'm guessing sometime between 4am and 10am? Idk.

DiMiTri
Mar 1, 2011, 11:12 PM
I have just started on the JP servers as well, and I know there are others here in the same boat.

I'm also in EST, and I have recently developed insomniac tendencies...unfortunately, I have much studying to look forward to these next few weeks. I'd love to join up with you, though! I dislike soloing, tbh :no:

DAMASCUS
Mar 1, 2011, 11:18 PM
Well, this coming event will be a great time touch base with the new comers so once that starts we'll arrange some meetings.

Yeah, I'm PST and no matter how late I am online I can't catch the start of their peak period, but when I get up in the morning its usually tapering off but there are still a decent number of stars.

psu000
Mar 2, 2011, 12:36 PM
There is actually a useful page from the official webpage showing you where most of the players are.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/community/lobbymap/

At the top of the page, you can sort the mission listing by popularity ( number of ◆), sort by planet or sort by route.

The translation text at the middle of the page is as follows: (for those of you wondering what's those Japanese is all about)

- By selecting any mission from the "list mission" to verify the details of the mission.

- You can see tree view by lobby"examines each lobby crowded times.

- The "mission" is listed congestion varies by ratio to the number of login. For this reason, when more login and in less when ◆ per congestion varies.

- To determine the congestion of the universe each listed in the "mission information (lobby for more) that is selected in the"list mission"Mission (or lobby) in each universe much concentration is estimated.

- Story mission-mission related to Exchange mission events.

- Congestion is periodically summarized and page to reflect the actual game in congestion and a bit of lag time may have.

- It may longer to reflect data due to PC, communication environments.