PDA

View Full Version : A thousand curses on the bugfrag trader EDIT: I think I misplaced this topic. Grrr.

Galax
Mar 1, 2011, 09:40 PM
For being unable to spew out anything other than 10 aqua/fire/elec/wood +30 chips per 30 I obtain. AND I DON'T WANT FLASHMAN EITHER, DAMNIT. Shit, is it so much to ask for a GutsImpact chip? I need one, y'know, damn game. Shit. Best game in the series be Trolololololol'n.

In other news, I'm bored.
HOW'RE YOU TODAY?

Palle
Mar 1, 2011, 09:49 PM
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3334/idg52i1299036526.jpg

Nitro Vordex
Mar 1, 2011, 09:54 PM
For being unable to spew out anything other than 10 aqua/fire/elec/wood +30 chips per 30 I obtain. AND I DON'T WANT FLASHMAN EITHER, DAMNIT. Shit, is it so much to ask for a GutsImpact chip? I need one, y'know, damn game. Shit. Best game in the series be Trolololololol'n.

In other news, I'm bored.
HOW'RE YOU TODAY?
I'm pretty sure it actually isn't random. As far as I've seen. Find the damn Bugfrag trader, it gives you chips you don't have. Usually.

Galax
Mar 6, 2011, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it actually isn't random. As far as I've seen. Find the damn Bugfrag trader, it gives you chips you don't have. Usually.

LATE RESPONSE!!
I can asure you, it's random. The only library section I haven't finished in Battle Network 3 is my PA Library. I just happen to get alot (element)+30. I went in with 600 bug frags, which nets me 60 chips, and I came out with about 8 of them as elemental +30 chips; That is my lowest amount I've had. On average, I'd go in with 300 frags, get 30 chips, and end up with 10-15 +30s.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 8, 2011, 04:42 PM
Then why are you even doing it if you need to fill up your PA section? All you need is the combination of the chips, and you can get like 29 out of the 32(?) without having to trade with another game cart.

It's been a while since I played, so don't hold me to that.

Galax
Mar 9, 2011, 05:05 PM
Then why are you even doing it if you need to fill up your PA section? All you need is the combination of the chips, and you can get like 29 out of the 32(?) without having to trade with another game cart.

It's been a while since I played, so don't hold me to that.

The one and only reason I'm doing it is because I lack the chips required. Indeed, I'm missing only five of them. I don't need the other copy anymore; I have it around because it's part of my collection. I'm missing chips. I can't really figure out exactly where to get them, and I'm fairly certain gamefaqs has nothing on where to get exact chip codes, like Gut Impact H, or I, or whichever one it is I'm missing. I have G. I have either H or I, although I think it's I. I can't get the one I'm missing. I got Zeta-Stepcross some time ago; I'm missing Zeta-Stepsword though. Hell, I have Prix Power. I'm just stuck. I think I'm also missing Zeta-YoYo 2 & 3. It's mainly that kind of thing I'm missing; Zeta P.A.'s.

EDIT: Also, in the hopes that somebody sees this section of my post...
I know what I'm doing. I know the program advance combos. I know what I'm missing. I've had a near-perfected Battle Network 3 file for a good 2 or 3 years now. My Battle Network 6: Gregar file is only incomplete because I don't own Falzar. I can't find my copy of Blue Moon, otherwise Red Sun would be good; I lost a file on Continue 39 once. Honestly, I know what to do, where to fight bosses. I know how to check the internet for FAQs on strategy. The only area I'm lacking experience is Netbattling against friends. Do you know why? Nobody, and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOBODY I know in real life is a battle network fan. Scratch that, none of them are Mega Man fans. They've heard of him, oh yes, but not a single one has played a single game for more than a few minutes, if that. I started with BN3. I completed my collection last year, on my birthday, March 26th, by getting BN2. I now have at least one copy of each game. I don't need pointers on how things work. I'm sorry if this offends you, but I've been mobbed by people who sometimes just want to show off knowledge of the game by pointing out facts that have already been pointed out 3 or 4 times in a topic that nobody read anything more than the title and the first line of the first post. Facts I already knew, at that.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 9, 2011, 08:31 PM
I know your pain, only one of my friends was ever a Battle Network fan, and we used to battle quite a bit. I usually won, only because my folders were wonky. I can never find anyone that wants to play, not to mention that would require me having a GBA which I don't currently own anymore.

There's a couple guides on Gamefaqs that tell you were to get chip codes I think. The only other real thing I can think of is ordering it from Higs, but I'm pretty sure you already tried that. I remember doing the same thing, eventually just scouring the Net in-game to see if I could buy it somewhere. Did you check the Bug Frag merchant in Yoko area 1? I think he's got a GutImpact, unless you already have that one.

Galax
Mar 10, 2011, 11:34 AM
I know your pain, only one of my friends was ever a Battle Network fan, and we used to battle quite a bit. I usually won, only because my folders were wonky. I can never find anyone that wants to play, not to mention that would require me having a GBA which I don't currently own anymore.

There's a couple guides on Gamefaqs that tell you were to get chip codes I think. The only other real thing I can think of is ordering it from Higs, but I'm pretty sure you already tried that. I remember doing the same thing, eventually just scouring the Net in-game to see if I could buy it somewhere. Did you check the Bug Frag merchant in Yoko area 1? I think he's got a GutImpact, unless you already have that one.

You know what. I'm willing to bet that he does have the code I'm missing. I normally forget where they are. I'll go try that.

Randomness
Mar 10, 2011, 11:42 AM

My brother didn't like playing me. Mostly because my folders were all heavy on synergy and his were him throwing big numbers in.

Not much of a contest usually. (I mean, a folder that can handle Bass versus one that hasn't a chance isn't going to be a fair fight)

Galax
Mar 11, 2011, 02:09 PM
As it turns out, the Bugfrag Dealer in Yoka 1 only had Mine "A" left...Grrrr.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 11, 2011, 02:41 PM
From Gamefaqs:

050. GutImpct *** No Element 160 damage Punch pushes one square.

GutImpct G: Secret Area 2 Chip Merchant. !!!
GutImpct H: Reward from Job 21.
GutImpct I: Yoka 1 Bugfrag Trader.
GutImpct J: BMD in Undernet 7, Past DrillMan's Security Cube.
GutImpct K: Chip/Bugfrag Trader Exclusive.
And here's a link to the guide where you can find every chip code.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/915457-mega-man-battle-network-3-blue/faqs/26167

Galax
Mar 11, 2011, 04:29 PM
From Gamefaqs:

And here's a link to the guide where you can find every chip code.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/915457-mega-man-battle-network-3-blue/faqs/26167

Mmm, it was under BN3 Blue's section; That would explain why I couldn't find it.