PDA

View Full Version : Grind Boost starting to Bug me...

Juggernaut29
Mar 2, 2011, 09:44 AM
I don't know about everyone else but I'm sick and tired of looking in shops seeing all of my guns dropping in value. I believe my gun pallet has lost over a stack in value within a week. The boost is great and all but I feel like it's making the economy even worse than it's been in the past. Anyone else wish the boost would end on tomorrows maintenance?

darekatano
Mar 2, 2011, 10:12 AM
I'm kinda hoping they'll forget to turn it off like last time :)

str898mustang
Mar 2, 2011, 12:34 PM
oh noes

Severad
Mar 2, 2011, 01:28 PM
don't be discouraged,

currently i am also short of money but saving up my mesetas for the broken cheap-as-hell weps. i've lost a lot of money but also got nice grinds on my other stuff...so the boost is pretty even.

after nearly one week i come down to the conclusion to buy the most undercutted stuff, use them for myself or try to sell it after this grind boost...maybe i can sell them for a reasonable price.

well maybe it's just me but somehow i enjoy this weird economy, lol @ broken G&M and P-Wands.

Midori Oku
Mar 2, 2011, 01:36 PM
I know how you feel. I spent around 3.3bil getting three 10/10 Granahodoras a year in advance and they are now down to 350-400mil each.

NDW
Mar 2, 2011, 01:36 PM
Increase in supply drives prices down.

Juggernaut29
Mar 2, 2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks Nate dogg your a real Genius. Did you just finish Eco 1?

Freeze
Mar 2, 2011, 05:19 PM
Increase in supply drives prices down.

So that's how that works, except for the oil companies who just make up what ever price they feel like.

ablueking
Mar 2, 2011, 05:28 PM
lol love boost made like 16 10/10 weps

Kaziel
Mar 2, 2011, 05:45 PM
So that's how that works, except for the oil companies who just make up what ever price they feel like.

They roll dice to determine the number of dice they'll use to add up for the gas price increase, then they throw a dart to determine the reason for the increase.

OT:

oh noes

Freeze
Mar 2, 2011, 06:03 PM
They roll dice to determine the number of dice they'll use to add up for the gas price increase, then they throw a dart to determine the reason for the increase.

I thought as much.

TheAstarion
Mar 2, 2011, 06:46 PM
Wait, so people are buttmad they spent too much on stuff that's not worth as much as it cost?

And they're angry that it now costs less than they think it should be worth, despite the fact that anyone could have told you it was going to happen?

Ooh, let me get in on this!

I have some Monomate in my shop for a stack of money, pay attention to me because nobody's buying it! Those damn NPCs are undercutting me! I spent a good half hour forgetting to put that Monomate in my shop, and the universe should compensate me for it!

Freeze
Mar 2, 2011, 07:31 PM
Exactly, those NPCs are the worst for sending our economy into the toilet.

Lockon Stratos
Mar 3, 2011, 09:46 AM
the economy is donald ducked. For example, i thought if i make a few 10/10 weapons id be (weapon) richer, but cos theres so much 10/10 weapons out there now the value has plumeted. Heres another example my 9/10 repca was worth about the same as it is now and its 10/10 now... im not overly worried though cause in a couple months time the prices will return to normal.

Zarode
Mar 3, 2011, 10:11 AM
Sucks to be you, Minmaxer!

I hate when poor people get rich. Makes us rich people look terrible or something i dunno raise taxes on the poor

desturel
Mar 3, 2011, 11:55 AM
I don't mind the grind boost weapon wise, but grinders are pretty silly right now.

An A+9 is only worth 2000 meseta while a B+7 is worth 4000? I might as well make B grinders, sell them and buy the A grinders I need.

Also at 4000 per board and 1000 per grinder, the average cost of a single A grinder is 1800 meseta (5 grinders per board). So you can barely break even on A grinders from selling A+9.

Nereid
Mar 3, 2011, 12:50 PM
B Grinders always seem to be disproportionately expensive compared to A Grinders.

desturel
Mar 3, 2011, 03:31 PM
B Grinders always seem to be disproportionately expensive compared to A Grinders.

I'm only mad because I made a ton of A grinders (10,000) and wanted to sell my left over grinders. I should have just made B rank grinders and sold those then bought the A grinders I needed with the profits. It would have saved me money in the long term even paying for the A+10