PDA

View Full Version : Updates For March 3rd?

Tash Alistair
Mar 3, 2011, 05:47 PM
So, i saw that we were supposed to get updates for march 3rd... well... its 5:40pm, and i haven't seen anything about it in game, so i was just wondering.

is there anything going on yet? or is it being pushed until later tonight? the last even i ran i beleive was Shred the darkness two years ago. and there were posters and hype everywhere. can someone please, please clear this up for me? i know a lot of things have changed since ive been on last, and i just need a little information, as i am very confused about how this works. i do know that some missions were brought up to the same level as AOI missions, but i would hardly call that an event, actually, the only thing i would consider an event would maybe be the Innocent Girl Runs, as anyone below lvl 50 will be in exp heaven.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, GT is Tash Alistair, and im looking for people that still play PSU on 360. add me please, as my old friends have moved on T.T

Nereid
Mar 3, 2011, 05:54 PM
Xbox 360 did not have maintenance or any update scheduled for March 3rd. Only JP PC/PS2 did.

Tash Alistair
Mar 3, 2011, 06:37 PM
... so as a US PSU player, i wont be seeing an update OR an even for quite some time? well thats just awesome... im about done with this game for good. it almost seems as if Sega is just not caring about their north american demographic. they shut down versions, collate the remaining members on to one medium, and screw the rest over. sure, yes, i understand that there is a psp version, actually multiple versions of the game, but there is not much social interaction there. no walking around with each other, no fraternizing with new friends, just basically run run run. back when i played pso on the dreamcast, it was a social thing, we would fight through plains caves, volcanos, underwater springs, space ships and hives etc all day, and then we could all come back, pull up a photon seat and laugh about how that one guy in our party kept getting his butt smaxked around by an angry delsaber for an hour, or when Volt gave me "the stink eye" and we would laugh about it, and converse. how are we supposed to do that on a tiny screen? theres no warmth really. the game is fun, i love it, but its not what i remember... i pray, that with the release of PSU2, that we can get back to those days... we only get a few events a year, and we are all painfully aware that the community on 360 is dying. but i ALSO remember pso coming back to life on the xbox, and on the GCN. so it IS possible. maybe im just an old school player who is living in the past glory of an amazing game. but thats how i like my phantasy star. we need SOMETHING to bring players back... We need another M.A.G. we need another event to let all the players, from all regions come together, i know its never gonna happen, but jeez sega... give us SOMETHING!

Nereid
Mar 3, 2011, 10:04 PM
What do you mean it's never going to happen? There is an event most likely before April on the 360 servers. There are updates every once in awhile on those servers, just wait for them. You just missed Absolute Zero, which was like a 6 week event.

And NOBODY wants another MAG event. Nobody.

Amaury
Mar 3, 2011, 11:27 PM
Are you serious, Tash?

There was just an update last week on Friday, February 25th, and you want another one?

Talk about being greedy.

Nereid
Mar 3, 2011, 11:30 PM
Well in all fairness JP regularly gets one every week.

Amaury
Mar 3, 2011, 11:32 PM
Well in all fairness JP regularly gets one every week.

The Japanese servers have their weeks of no maintenance, too. :)

Nereid
Mar 3, 2011, 11:35 PM
Sometimes, yes. Just not as often :P

oG Epik
Mar 4, 2011, 05:44 AM
Im guessing that Jp servers have more people an there just catering to the more popular game which isnt fair but hey it happens

psu000
Mar 4, 2011, 06:23 AM
That's because Sega EU/US hired those dumbo to act as their markering director. No advert in public domain is the first dumb thing to do, which simpily make the game a mystery to everyone other than those who played the previous series.

Then there is this genius bit that Sega JP release, free course. I guess they think JP are nuts to introduce free course, giving away the game for free. The fact is, this is the best marketing strategy. Since there are people who will just join because the game is free. The server is always going to be full of players logging on at any time. Even if it is just sitting in the lobby do feck all. This just make everyone willing to carry on playing becasuse at the end of the day, you just want to play online because there are people around to play with.

In that case, premium course players would be happy to carry on paying and enjoy the extra benefit over free course. and THAT is the cream of the cake. Steady revenue being generated over time since Sega JP successfully capture all the Premium players and hence more staff to get more content out. This is just one part of it, don't forget the appeal of GC clothing and stuff.

So there you go, those who think 360 version is going to be gone soon. It is not impossible if MS and Sega US/EU carry on leaving free course aside.

dias_flac_0g
Mar 4, 2011, 09:32 AM
What do you mean it's never going to happen? There is an event most likely before April on the 360 servers. There are updates every once in awhile on those servers, just wait for them. You just missed Absolute Zero, which was like a 6 week event.

And NOBODY wants another MAG event. Nobody.

MAG was one of my fav events with a huge EXP boost even better than AZ. I wouldnt mind to have a MAG3 ^_^

Just cause you dont want something doesnt mean that EVERYONE doesnt want it. I thought this was common knowledge. I guess some people are just a lil slow I guess...

Tash Alistair
Mar 4, 2011, 10:53 AM
I missed Absolute Zero? AGAIN? ahhhh man come ON! i HOPE we get another event before april! April is a Con month! >.<

and personally, id rather have a MAG3 event, instead of something dumb like a fashion show or whatever players were calling the free makovers and whatnot....actually i....ya know what? just give me 3 days of polty pit, ill be good!

Nereid
Mar 4, 2011, 01:06 PM
MAG was one of my fav events with a huge EXP boost even better than AZ. I wouldnt mind to have a MAG3 ^_^

Just cause you dont want something doesnt mean that EVERYONE doesnt want it. I thought this was common knowledge. I guess some people are just a lil slow I guess...

You guess you guess, huh?

Go to the official forums and see who would rather have another MAG event instead of Protectors Epsilon and Protectors Zeta. That'd be a good thread...

Ishia
Mar 4, 2011, 04:24 PM
I missed Absolute Zero? AGAIN? ahhhh man come ON! i HOPE we get another event before april! April is a Con month! >.<

I hope this doesn't mean what I think it does.

BIG OLAF
Mar 4, 2011, 04:50 PM
So there you go, those who think 360 version is going to be gone soon. It is not impossible if MS and Sega US/EU carry on leaving free course aside.

Yes, I'm sure not having Free Course will be the sole reason 360 PSU dies. Good deduction, there.

Tash Alistair
Mar 5, 2011, 03:38 AM
frickin win avatar olaf.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Mar 5, 2011, 02:54 PM
Something that a lot of people seem to forget is that JP went through their droughts of no updates too. Granted they're not having to deal with them now, but then again they're pretty far ahead of us due to the fact that al the content is released by SOJ.

@Tash, The free makeovers was a reward from AZ, not an event. As for not having "Any updates" as you put it, not only did we just finish AZ not even 2 months ago, for 3 weeks after that we had a GBR, plus the event rewards for AZ, so take some deep breaths and calm down buddy. We will probably get our next big event within a month or two.

Something to remember for anyone who complains about "Never getting updates" is that we do get them pretty frequently. It's just not the ones that most ppl want, but there is a difference between No updates and Unpopular ones. If it bothers you so much, then stop paying and take a break ^.-