PDA

View Full Version : CYOA Roleplay: Windmills in the Waking Dream

Nitro Vordex
Mar 3, 2011, 09:32 PM
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6341/windmills5252191.jpg

A slight wind blows in the early evening. It's not chilly, but it isn't sweltering, the happy medium between where you feel the most comfortable...and the safest.

You've seen the scene before, but you can't remember quite where. You've already realized you're dreaming, as you always do. You look upon the windmills spinning atop the hill, silently spinning away. As you stare at the windmills, you start to get an uneasy feeling, but you're unsure why. They're only windmills, what could they possibly do?

Grinding, screeching, but as if from miles away

ripping?

As you gaze upon the whirling fixtures on the hill, the feeling of unease turns into worry, and then dread. You realize the windmills are slowly turning around...to face you. The twirling blades never miss a beat, still spinning, as if on a set rhythm, completely disregarding the slight breeze that you feel brushing across you. They're only windmills!, you attempt to reason with yourself. There's no reason to be afraid! Your dread is only rising however, and it makes it impossible to even think. The windmills are facing directly at you, and-

-are they getting closer? Your dread has now evolved into panic, and every primitive sense is firing in your body, the freeze response already in effect. You know the windmills have already discovered you, and as the sun sets on the hill, the windmills seem to progress faster. You attempt to remind yourself this is a dream, but you don't believe your own words anymore, the words mean nothing to you. The only words in your mind are present, only two that matter to the natural world.

Flight...or fight.

With a last deep draw of every ounce of strength, you put your feet in motion and...

A. Flee

B. Advance

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 3, 2011, 09:33 PM
Biggity B.

Tessu
Mar 3, 2011, 10:01 PM
Windmill windmill for the land, turn forever hand in hand
Take it all in on your stride
It is ticking, falling down
Love forever, love is free let's
Turn forever, you and me
Windmill windmill for the land
Is everybody iiiiiin?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 3, 2011, 10:02 PM
8 A's
1 B

GRRRARARGHRRRAAR!

DEMOCRACY DOESN'T WORK!!

Randomness
Mar 3, 2011, 10:42 PM
B. Lets go Don Quixote on their asses.

Outrider
Mar 3, 2011, 11:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GumUcgYRjfQ

Randomness
Mar 4, 2011, 12:05 AM
http://images.bcdb.com/ad_im/hanna/doncoyote.jpg?u=

I think your image is broken. It does give me an interesting idea though. The post below will stay blank for a while.

Randomness
Mar 4, 2011, 12:07 AM
http://192.168.255.255

Boogie Troll
Mar 4, 2011, 12:32 AM
Get ye f-

B.

SpikeOtacon
Mar 4, 2011, 03:32 AM
BB, or we'll be likely eaten by a grue.

Seth Astra
Mar 4, 2011, 09:50 AM
B. Crush them into dust, then rebuild them, just to crush 'em again!!!

Outrider
Mar 4, 2011, 11:41 AM
I think your image is broken. It does give me an interesting idea though. The post below will stay blank for a while.

Thanks. Fix'd.

Vanzazikon
Mar 4, 2011, 12:51 PM
A.

Thou mustn't underestimate the might of the windmills. FLEE, I say. Flee for your lives!

Sord
Mar 4, 2011, 06:30 PM
B

FOCL

CrimsomWolf
Mar 4, 2011, 06:46 PM
Press B for fun and profit.

NeonaPulsar
Mar 5, 2011, 04:38 PM
Great question indeed. And great writing to boot.

@Outrider: Nice video. It made me laugh.

----

A. for a practial answer. The way you put it to words, it would be teriffing if you were in a panic. And i dought you would have the reasoning in that state.

and...

B. Because if its MY dream, its my rules. The courage to face that fear, put myself into a blind rage, and completely demolish any threat to me. :-D (Partly the reason i like RPs)

Nitro Vordex
Mar 7, 2011, 11:03 PM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/700/01katjamater7123520.jpg
The night has now fallen, giving way to only darkness on the rolling hills. The windmills seem to disappear, all but for a faint light that appears to be the center of

despair

the windmill. That wretched grinding has not stopped, only continuing on in it's scathing advance, growing stronger, and closer still.

This is no time to be frightened of such petty objects. "A mere windmill will not come between me and my own life!" you declare, somehow new but as if it's been done before. Your fear and despair have begun to turn into bravery and fury, both driving you to become the warrior of the hills you've so longed to be. A glowing appears at your hip, and when you look down you realize there is a spiral lance in your hand, glowing with a pure silver light. You come to realize that it had been there all along, but you had not noticed because the lance's light had gone dim, when yours had as well.

You draw the lance up to shoulder height, supporting it with both hands. When the hilt of the lance meets your shoulder, it rattles clean against the armor you had also forgotten. No longer being naked by clothes and by fear, it too glows with a brightness not seen in so long. You look up, prepared to face your fears, and obliterate them without mercy. Your helmet slides closed, protecting your head...and your sanity.

"No longer shall you plague my dreams," you yell triumphantly,"I will banish you from my mind and memory, and you shall haunt me no more!" The windmills are now visible from the piercing light from your armor, and they reveal their true natures to you. The blades are no longer the blades of wind, they are the blades of fury and anger, a blade completely dark from years of dream malice. The lights that were the center of the windmills have been turned into a single eye on each one, a red iris on each, all bloodshot red. The grinding sound you had been hearing has now been shown to you for what it was: a mouth with circulating teeth, like a blender with multiple levels of blades.

"It's time for you to leave now!" you roar," NOW BE GONE!" and with a furious yell that has been in the primitive man for ages, you charge at the windmill leading, this one distinguished with some kind of necklace you had seen long ago. You take a mighty leap, aiming your lance and all of your fire at the necklace and through it...

...and your eyes flutter open to reveal your bedroom ceiling. You glace over at your clock sitting by your bed, which reads 8:57. You realize you're late for work, and fly out of bed. The question is, how do you go about your routine?

A. Shower, breakfast, leave.
B. Shower, get breakfast on the way to work.
C. Just leave and get something on the way.
D. Continue laying down and think about your dream.

FOkyasuta
Mar 7, 2011, 11:14 PM
C. Because D is just to overused.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 7, 2011, 11:33 PM
B. For Bravery Blades. -$30 or so if "Stinky agent" Better clean up, boy.

Randomness
Mar 7, 2011, 11:50 PM
A focl

Tessu
Mar 8, 2011, 01:02 AM
Boy, he's got some balls, standing up to those windmills.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 8, 2011, 01:12 AM
Boy, he's got some balls, standing up to those windmills, b.
[bb]
[king]
:burger:

Nitro Vordex
Mar 8, 2011, 03:29 PM
If I get a third B I'm going B. If not I'll do whatever. I'll wait a bit longer until I start the next part.

Outrider
Mar 8, 2011, 04:54 PM
I don't remember what it was, but B.

Sord
Mar 9, 2011, 11:53 AM
B

FOCL

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 15, 2011, 12:14 AM
I'll wait a bit longer until I start the next part.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/OPP/Clock_King_by_better_pathos.png?t=1300166040

Nitro Vordex
Mar 16, 2011, 12:59 AM
http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/627/bedroomwindowview361892.jpg
It's nothing you haven't seen before. Your window overlooks the city, ready for another day. Even now, your dream is no longer present...however-

You realize you've been staring out the window, thinking about nothing in particular. Remembering that you were running late, you get your feet moving and hop into the shower for a quick cleaning. After doing all your necessary morning routines, you grab your keys and wallet off the table, get your suitcase off of your desk, and fly out to the car. Tossing the case recklessly into the back, you start the car.

You've frozen in place, but you're not entirely sure why. Some kind of grinding sound?

The feeling passes and you rub your face. You have no time for imaginative thoughts. You kick the car into gear and try to decide where you're going to eat. You can't really decide on anything, so you just end up getting a donut and a coffee. Another routine day in your life.

You arrive at work, late for the fifth time this month. You attempt to tell your boss you sleep terribly, but he refuses to believe this and calls you lazy and a party hog...whatever that is. You only know a couple people in the department you work in, and they're the only ones you really talk to anymore. The curly haired brunette named Sarah, and the bulky six foot seven accounting man named George. Your day goes by without much incident, aside from George asking if you wanted to hang out with Sarah and him. You say yes, as usual, and look forward to the end of the day.

Finally, you manage to get home without too much happening. Exhausted, you decide to nap for a few minutes until George and Sarah arrive. The question is...where do you sleep?

A: On the toilet, you've done it before.
B: On your bed, of course.
C: On the couch, because it's closer than the bed.
D: On the floor, because your carpet is particularly comfortable.

The Last Baron
Mar 16, 2011, 01:03 AM
C: On the couch because it's closer than bed.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 16, 2011, 01:03 AM
D, like a Dawg. Snoopin' around you're saying it is comfortable. Facefirst too.

Ain't no thang.

Boogie Troll
Mar 16, 2011, 01:04 AM
C 3-PO.

SpikeOtacon
Mar 16, 2011, 01:06 AM
Call it morning driving through the sound and in and out the valley.

Randomness
Mar 16, 2011, 12:16 PM
B is for bed.

Sord
Mar 16, 2011, 06:43 PM
A, just cause

Nitro Vordex
Mar 17, 2011, 07:50 PM
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2051/rollinghills4784552.jpg
The hills are different this time...safer. A breeze that has evaded you for so long brushes against you, reassuring you that there is security in this place, in your mind.

The breeze is a cool one, soothing your thoughts and body. You feel relaxed, careless, and all around at ease. You know it's been quite some time since you've felt this, and it's comforting, soothing.

"Are you going to sit with me or not?" A female voice startles you out of your complacent state, and you turn to see a woman you've never seen before. She seems to have a hair color that changes shade depending on what way her head is pointed toward the sun...and the wind. It serenely blends from light to dark, never sharply, just a smooth blend between the two. Her eyes seem to be a bright green, with speckles of bright baby blue in them. They're soft and welcoming, and you see nothing of malice in them. Her face is a smooth one, easy to look at but not enough to provoke perverse thoughts. She seems to be slim, but not skinny, her figuring resembling the hourglass shape and the flow of water down a stream.

She seems to be sitting with a small picnic, with typical picnic fare: sandwiches and drinks, mostly lemonade. She's still waiting expectantly for you to take a seat.

You sharply realize this is a dream, and your calm turns into caution. You begin to be prepared for something to come after you. After all, you've never had such a dream how do you know that for sure before.

The woman's smile drops to a flat face and she looks at you, staring almost through you. "You will not harm this soul as long as I am here." You have a feeling that she isn't speaking to you, but regardless, your caution fades and you relax. She seems to bring her attention back to where you're standing, rather than past you. She smiles and says, "It's alright now. They can't harm you here. Go ahead and take a seat, here, have a sandwich." You have so many question for her, but you decide better of it, taking a seat cross-legged in front of her and taking the sandwich. You take a bite, tasting...bravery? You wonder if that even has a taste, as you chew thoughtfully.

The woman says,"You tasted a sensation rather than sensing a taste, didn't you?" This statement seems odd at first, but as you finish the last bite of your sandwich, you realize it's exactly as it sounds. She giggles and says, "I'm assuming that ridiculous face you're wearing means you're confused. I'm afraid I can't tell you much. We don't have much time in this place, so you can ask me a single question."

You think of the perfect question. "This isn't a dream, is it?"

She smiles at you and says, "It is indeed a dream. What you must question is, what is a dream?" She reaches out to you for a friendly hug, and whispers to you, "Consider the question. Once you know the answer, I will find you." The last word echoes as you close your eyes, feeling safe once more...

...and you're hugging your couch cushion. "Damn it," you say to nothing in particular. Getting up, you wash your face, Sarah and George should be here soon. You finish drying your face, and as you walk back out to the living room, you see your answering machine has a message. You play it back, and it's Sarah.

"Hey, you didn't answer your phone. Are you sleeping again? I swear, you sleep like a rock. Anyway, George and I were thinking about going out somewhere, rather than staying in like we usually do. We had a few places in mind...

(A)"The sandwich bistro down the road, it's a great place. We could get their Hero Sub Sandwich!
(B)"Or how about that restaurant down on Hillside Street? I hear they have indoor picnics, wouldn't that be great?"
(C)"George recommended the Windmill Winery. What kind of a place is that? He's so weird. I didn't even know the big lug liked wine."

"Anyway, call me back with your answer! Don't sleep too long, it's not good for you, haha. Bye!"

Sord
Mar 17, 2011, 07:54 PM
Go to A for more bravery and then C to finish those fuckin bastards off! Or just go to straight to C.

Boogie Troll
Mar 17, 2011, 09:56 PM
Down with the windmills! C!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 17, 2011, 10:37 PM
C. :sandwich: :witch: no wine, all the money in the 'wich, man.

Seth Astra
Mar 17, 2011, 10:55 PM
Very suspiCious names.

FOkyasuta
Mar 18, 2011, 06:00 PM
I choose D. Leave.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 19, 2011, 01:15 AM
I choose D. Leave.
[spoiler-box]http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/mamezito/mamezito0806/mamezito080600003/4090494.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Crouch blocker huh? Turtle style... runaway.. Blanka mother--

Nitro Vordex
Mar 28, 2011, 09:13 PM
Sorry about the non-updating. Too tired to write one tonight, so expect a new part up tomorrow.

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2011, 10:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/ShinMaruku/1296516409024.jpg

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 28, 2011, 10:16 PM
HUcast's fault really. Debbie Downer.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 29, 2011, 01:21 AM
He's just jealous he can't write like me.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 2, 2011, 07:45 AM
Unlocked the door, rock some more.