PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 AT pallette

malhese
Mar 5, 2011, 02:11 AM
I've been wondering this for awhile, what is the ideal setup for AT?

BIG OLAF
Mar 5, 2011, 02:18 AM
I'm not too sure on an exact setup myself, but I know a very good AT guide:

Read up! (http://psu.system11.org/blog/?page_id=649)

EDIT: The guide was not written by me, and does not belong to me. I'm just directing you there because it's the best AT guide in existence right now, I believe.

Nereid
Mar 5, 2011, 04:42 AM
Guide is very good, but long story short I have found the following effective:
Cast>Beast>Human>Newman as far as race.

Wands/TCSMs for buffing.
Twin Pistols and Cards or Machineguns
Whips
Single Sabers
Single Daggers
Twin Daggers

That's basically it.

Vent
Mar 5, 2011, 05:32 AM
Guide is very good, but long story short I have found the following effective:
Cast>Beast>Human>Newman as far as race.

Wands/TCSMs for buffing.
Twin Pistols and Cards or Machineguns
Whips
Single Sabers
Single Daggers
Twin Daggers

That's basically it.

I don't know if melee is better for Acrotecher or teching is better. Your list would be exactly the reverse if you went for teching.
But then again, your list is probably right, since Cast > All with SUVs and melee > teching in general.

malhese
Mar 5, 2011, 10:24 AM
well right now im using all tech gear except one whip. just started out over here so im just grinding some buff/debuff techs and some offensive spells. i have the basic all wand/tech mag and uno whip.

Nereid
Mar 5, 2011, 02:25 PM
The thing is, if you play AT as a techer you will be consistently outclassed by Masterforce. At least with melee weapons AT can push out some pretty impressive DPS for a support class.

Vent
Mar 5, 2011, 04:41 PM
Following your reasoning, you'll also be outclassed in melee by Fighmaster.

You're there to babysit first and foremost. Also, it's not like you always HAVE to melee or tech, you can do both depending on the situation.

As for my AT palette:

tcsm (Resta, Reverser) + Whip
tcsm + wand (standard buffs)
tcsm (offense techs) + Dagger
tcsm (Resta, Reverser) + Saber
tcsm + wand (offense techs)
card + wand (Giresta, Zalure)

I'm not suggesting anything here, just giving you some food for thought.

Nereid
Mar 5, 2011, 04:48 PM
Every class is outclassed by Fighmaster, not a fair comparison. My Xbox whips on my un-GAS'd Male CAST acrotecher can hit about 4.1k per hit on the last combo. Considering every hit lands, that's over 60k damage just from the last combo. I'd like to see any tech without limit break match that.

Vent
Mar 5, 2011, 05:38 PM
Comparing Acrotecher to Masterforce in tech damage is a fair comparison then?
You see, I never said it was fair to compare Acrotecher's melee damage to Fighmaster's melee damage, but I was just following your reasoning.
Comparing whip damage to techs that can't multi-hit a single mob is a fair comparison then? Or are you actually suggesting that you're whipping 6 individual mobs? :rolleyes:

Haha, I agree whips do some crazy damage. Considering every hit lands...yeah, well, probably not going to happen much against normal spawns. Great against bosses though.
Sure whips do a lot of damage in one combo, but you also need to consider the speed. Whips are sooooo slow compared to sabers, daggers and any tech that's not Giresta without Har / Quick, without class speed boost and casted with a rod. Haha. You can throw 2, maybe 3 Rising Strikes or 5 or maybe 6 Ratechs in the time that you can throw one Vivi Danga. Maybe one of them can't match it, but in the same time they can come pretty close. Oh, did I mention you don't need to walk up to the mobs to hit them with Ratechs?
Your combo can easily get interrupted by an attack or just because the mob decided to walk away.

Listen, I'm not arguing that you shouldn't melee. You can't limit-break with AT and even if you could, not everyone is willing to spend the time on GAM. Melee is the only effective way to get rid of those multi-box mobs, not to mention bosses.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Mar 5, 2011, 05:39 PM
Every class is outclassed by Fighmaster, not a fair comparison. My Xbox whips on my un-GAS'd Male CAST acrotecher can hit about 4.1k per hit on the last combo. Considering every hit lands, that's over 60k damage just from the last combo. I'd like to see any tech without limit break match that.

This comparison doesn't really work, as techs are based entirely on DPS. If you want to see a tech hit 4.1k with one hit, then try a lvl 30 Gi tech on a +10 Granahodora as either a human or newman, I'm sure you'll be satisfied. Using a comparison of one combo vs one casting is not accurate since during the span of that one combo, one could cast multiple times.

Bottom line is it's all relative on what you want to do, if you prefer melee and ranged with no offensive techs then CAST/Beast would be better, if you want to have the option of offensive techs, then go with Human/Newman.

malhese
Mar 5, 2011, 09:09 PM
well i am human already, and have been watching you tube videos of solo and group runs with at. it seems like the basic set up is whip/mag wand/mag dagger/mag saber/mag card/wand. I've just been having a hard time with groups on 360 cause i haven't got my buffs up all the way and they are bitching and i don't have access to frags yet because i just started on 360 this past week. another thing that is pissing me off is people will start the portal while im buffing.....so id really like to stay at but if this keeps up add me to the list of FM Jabronni spamming f'stains.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Mar 5, 2011, 09:54 PM
Don't let it discourage you, there are a lot of jerks out there who will judge you based on PA lvls and equips. Best thing to do in this case is ignore em and move on till you find ppl willing to help.

There are a lot of ppl on this site that are usually willing to help out new players (myself included) so don't hesitate to ask. If you'd like some help getting your char lvled you can add me (I'll PM you my GT) I have a couple of lower lvl chars ive been working on and have a few friends that I normally run with.

malhese
Mar 5, 2011, 11:36 PM
well i appreciate it, im just new to 360 i imported for awhile and played on na servers. just never played AT. im usually on for a couple hours in the afternoons on weekdays and off and on on the weekends just depends on plans and what not.