PDA

View Full Version : Things that piss you off to no end.

Tash Alistair
Mar 5, 2011, 12:54 PM
Ill start.
you agree to help lvl 50+ players run harder areas, only to find out that they brought NO healing items, NO scape dolls, the same element weapons as the monsters they are trying to kill. this goes far beyond a noob mistake. this is just plain friggin stupid!
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!:argh:

FOkyasuta
Mar 5, 2011, 02:38 PM
Soloing.

ShadowMasterson
Mar 5, 2011, 04:17 PM
Higher level players who think they HAVE to baby sit you even IF you know what you are doing! I'm not stupid, quit talking down to me. If I need help, I will ask for it! Sheesh!

Vent
Mar 5, 2011, 04:33 PM
Err...didn't you agree to help them yourself? Refuse to go another run? I mean what's there to be pissed off about?

As for me, I hate:

Monsters dying too fast because too many people are in the party with either too high % weapons, spamming a lot of techs or simply clicking the SUV button at each spawn (in other words, I'm playing PSU as if it's a single player game)
Mobs who scatter. Stay together so I can spam you with techs damnit!
Mother Brain or Dulk Fakis Form 1 spamming the push back attack. It's not going to kill anyone so stop doing it already!

Sinue_v2
Mar 5, 2011, 06:18 PM
The frame-rate of the 360 version.

Also, Sonic Team.

Angry_Ryudo
Mar 5, 2011, 06:22 PM
Mother Brain or Dulk Fakis Form 1 spamming the push back attack. It's not going to kill anyone so stop doing it already!

I've seen people avoiding this by sitting down, but you must be fast.

psu dan
Mar 5, 2011, 06:27 PM
S2 Mother Brain- Constan push back and shield.
Kakwaynes and Drua Gohras or whatever those alligator looking things, always aiming forwad and hitting you on their sides.
Undercutters who want to sell first when they could put the same price last for theirs to appear first.
People who come to your shop and don't even look at what's for sale and leave.
Karen in a Brighter Day.
People who kick you after pim(paying in mission) for rare runs.
How someone can instantly get a rare item time as they join.
People who join your game and try to get away without helping for mp.
Most 180's(no offensive). They have no point to play half the time and never talk, help, or listen to you unless something is in it for them. I asked and got a few responce on why some play and most said they have no reason and yet they can't be nice. I hardly ever ask and like once a month when I actually ask I get a no.
How Fighmaster can't use all 2 handed strikings weapons, gunmaster can't use longbows and grenade launchers, and Masterforce should be able to use cards and crossbows I guess. It really instn't overpowered since they're master classes and people use their weapons of choice with a pallete of 6.

Ishia
Mar 5, 2011, 06:51 PM
Phantasy Star Universe.

Ryno
Mar 5, 2011, 06:57 PM
Phantasy Star Universe.

ditto... :(
if my friend didn't show me Phantasy Star Online i wouldnt be playing PSU in the 1st place. oh well i'm not that addicted as i was before. but still play decent hours.

Powder Keg
Mar 5, 2011, 07:18 PM
I've seen people avoiding this by sitting down, but you must be fast.

An update changed it (at least with Mother Brain) that will make her constantly do the move until you stop sitting down to avoid it.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Mar 5, 2011, 07:54 PM
Lack of "common" sense, ignorance. stupidity, in that order.

Clans who misinterpret the words "I'm not interested in joining your clan." as "Oh I want to hear all about it. Plz pester me endlessly!"

Players who use low lvl Jabroga on every spawn forcing everyone else to hunt down individual enemies instead of killing the group as a whole.

Drama

People who stand in the lobby advertising that they're "selling (insert random item here) cheapest in shops." If I want the item I'll search for it and your would be the lowest anyway.

Vintasticvin
Mar 5, 2011, 11:23 PM
When joining a party and you immediatly get booted for no reason.

Axicore
Mar 6, 2011, 12:51 AM
When the party leader boots everybody when jaggos appear on a C-rank WB run.

People who bring absolutely no healing items on a run. No 'mates, moons or Scapes.

Little kids singing while their mic is still on.

Tash Alistair
Mar 6, 2011, 09:58 AM
When the party leader boots everybody when jaggos appear on a C-rank WB run.

People who bring absolutely no healing items on a run. No 'mates, moons or Scapes.

Little kids singing while their mic is still on.

THIS. This right here is WHY i was pissed. not because i agreed to help them, but because i ASSUMED that at lvl 50+ you have the common sense to restock!

Juggernaut29
Mar 6, 2011, 05:55 PM
You guys need to quit complaining and shoot down her arms so she can't push you back...

#1 PSU Pet Peeve: people are like afraid to sign on and go anywhere but the pavilion of air. Get out of white beast people! Its not that great of a mission

LarienTiwele
Mar 6, 2011, 06:30 PM
#1 PSU Pet Peeve: people are like afraid to sign on and go anywhere but the pavilion of air. Get out of white beast people! Its not that great of a mission

Agreed. I like to run Military Subway personally, due to the large MP gain from it (almost Double a White Beast A on Its own A) but no one does it cause it takes so much longer. Yet, in my experience with it, if you have a competent group it doesn't take all that much longer, whereas when going solo, it does ._.;

Krltplps
Mar 7, 2011, 01:53 AM
People who list common items for more than what normal shopkeepers list them for.
Also others that list items for 99999999 on items that don't cost anywhere near that.

Nereid
Mar 7, 2011, 02:46 AM
People who list common items for more than what normal shopkeepers list them for.
Also others that list items for 99999999 on items that don't cost anywhere near that.

They commonly do that to showcase their items or for extra storage...

xBULLYDOGG
Mar 7, 2011, 04:06 AM
The made up words,
Selleing
Makeing
Buyeing
and all -eing's

dias_flac_0g
Mar 7, 2011, 09:29 AM
If such little things "Piss you off to no END!" you guys dont belong on psu or the interwebs for that matter. It can actually be UNHEALTHY for you...

Lockon Stratos
Mar 7, 2011, 11:34 AM
I hate breaking stuff when trying to grind. I also hate the 4th floorers that do nothing but sit around a bitch to ppl the dont even know.

Akaimizu
Mar 7, 2011, 11:39 AM
"When Jack Burton brings his friends to my domain's doorstep."
- Lo Pan.

DeZZ
Mar 7, 2011, 12:02 PM
Agreed. I like to run Military Subway personally, due to the large MP gain from it (almost Double a White Beast A on Its own A) but no one does it cause it takes so much longer. Yet, in my experience with it, if you have a competent group it doesn't take all that much longer, whereas when going solo, it does ._.;

Agreed. I'm not sure why WB ever became the 'local hangout' for party runs. I remember when PSU first came out, Plains Overlord was the same way.

I usually solo MS on low level chars to get quick MP for basic classes. It's not a bad run and you can level PAs easily while you go.

The thing that pisses me off the most, is and will always be....SPAMMERS. Yes, we all know you have the cheapest stuff in stock (we see it when we search shops). Yes, we know you are the funniest person in the world and your jokes are insanely original. WE GET IT.

Juggernaut29
Mar 7, 2011, 03:16 PM
But when PSU first came out, Plains overlord and sleeping warriors were the only missions worth running. Unlike today, there are dozens of missions that give more xp and have dozens of drops. It's sad that there's isnt one other departure lobby of a mission where you can find atleast 15 people to interact with. Its alllllllllll pavilion of air and it's pathetic.

bupjo
Mar 7, 2011, 03:39 PM
people getting so worked up over a video game.

Tash Alistair
Mar 8, 2011, 01:07 PM
If such little things "Piss you off to no END!" you guys dont belong on psu or the interwebs for that matter. It can actually be UNHEALTHY for you...

in the immortal words of nathan explosion-"dont you take away my ability to throw tantrums!"

TwistedDragon
Mar 8, 2011, 01:32 PM
Phantasy Star Universe.

Mighty Earth Sage
Mar 10, 2011, 10:16 PM
window shoppers (people who come to your shop, look at what you have, and don't buy anything)
booters
spammers
scammers
glitchers
hackers
most elitists
Orcdillans
Sendillans
Gaozorans
Rogue Wikko

White Beast doesn't bother me until I've ran it a few times then I have to switch to SEED Express or SEED Awakened.

Nereid
Mar 10, 2011, 10:21 PM
The official forums and the amazing reliability of them as of late.

Ishia
Mar 10, 2011, 10:22 PM

Indeed.

Amaury
Mar 10, 2011, 10:30 PM

Meh. They rarely have problems like this, so I'm not concerned.

BIG OLAF
Mar 10, 2011, 11:50 PM

I also must agree to this. However, something even more annoying is that it seems other people can post, and are posting, whilst I still can't even load any sub-forums. Quite agitating.

goldbrease
Mar 11, 2011, 01:36 AM
Err...didn't you agree to help them yourself? Refuse to go another run? I mean what's there to be pissed off about?

As for me, I hate:

Monsters dying too fast because too many people are in the party with either too high % weapons, spamming a lot of techs or simply clicking the SUV button at each spawn (in other words, I'm playing PSU as if it's a single player game)
Mobs who scatter. Stay together so I can spam you with techs damnit!

mother brains stupid shield was more annoying then the push wave. i mean its bad enough she has a ton of hp, you don't need to give her a blasted invulnerability shield.
and ive been killed by the push, but i was hit by the saw, then as i got up i has hit by missiles, then punched with the drill then hit by the wave..... i don't think i ever saw mother brain spam attacks that quickly before.

Angelic Fae
Mar 11, 2011, 09:08 AM
ppl who boot you for no reason but later when you get a rare suddenly there your best friend...ppl who boot you for not running the rare run u just got with them even if ur gonna save it for later to boost up ur other classes...ppl who beg to come along on rares...ok how bout rares in general
aside from rares I also hate komazli, rappies, kids who think they're gangsta, ppl that say thx every time they get buffed, ruby bullet, ppl with 10 scapes (cowards), that DAMN RAPPY SUIT!, ppl who buy up all of a certain item and then sell them at extortionate prices, anga jabroga, lobby spammers/ beggars, WB, ppl who are lv 180 who join a C-A rank run and 1 shot all the monsters, every clan ive ever seen (especially lunar rain), all adv runs, ppl who call you a noob even though you've been playing WAY longer than them and ppl who b-list you for saying there shop is anything that can be remotely considered bad

phew I think thats all of it...

NoiseHERO
Mar 11, 2011, 12:57 PM
ppl that say thx every time they get buffed, ppl with 10 scapes (cowards)

You should be ashamed of yourself. :0

bloodflowers
Mar 11, 2011, 06:47 PM
Sonic Team and Sega of America.

BIG OLAF
Mar 11, 2011, 06:52 PM
ppl that say thx every time they get buffed, ppl with 10 scapes (cowards), anga jabroga,

You're a bit dense, aren'tcha?

Angelic Fae
Mar 12, 2011, 07:50 AM
You're a bit dense, aren'tcha? I don't hate things without reason anga jabroga is WAY overpowered and blows away all the enemies b4 the battle even starts, as for the ppl their just being polite but damn it stop spamming me with thx I heard you the first time. as for the scapes whats the point of a game if you can't lose, I mean c'mon 11 lives, seriously?

I think some ppl disagree with my list eh...heh...^^;

Omega-z
Mar 12, 2011, 08:44 AM
I understand the over politeness part it can be to much, I think the only two times it should be said is the beginning and right before the boss at the warp, otherwise it is to much and annoying. the scape part I can also see (not for being prepared part), But how easy the game has gotten over time. BF Aoti scapes had more of a purpose and ppl died all over the place a lot and buying them was very $$$$ since you got like 24-50 measta at an S rank Lv.. It was 50K to buy 10 of them which would take a week of playing to make, it sucked to die and they weren't made drops ether you had to build them and it took time to get the items to make it to. What's wrong with the RubyBullet? if it was the real hand gun or robopitch grenade Lancher I can see those being very annoying lol.

And those with MB She's not hard even in a solo run S2 she was a piece of cake. take some meat shields and sit back and wack her one to the face no shields just dodge if you need at times that's all.

bloodflowers
Mar 12, 2011, 08:09 PM
They need to put the death penalty back in. Easy game is super, super easy now.

Tetsaru
Mar 12, 2011, 08:36 PM
as for the scapes whats the point of a game if you can't lose, I mean c'mon 11 lives, seriously?

The fact that they made Scape Dolls stack, readily available at every shop at every corner of the game, and easily affordable due to AotI's flooding of meseta into the market is what I hated. Takes all the difficulty out of the game, and makes stuff like Moon Atomizers and Giresta's revive ability practically useless... :rolleyes:

And yeah, removing the death penalty on mission rewards was stupid too. People need to work for their rewards instead of mindlessly spamming missions and zerg-rushing through enemies. :nono:

Powder Keg
Mar 12, 2011, 08:42 PM
They need to put the death penalty back in. Easy game is super, super easy now.

No...the penalty was stupid.
- Couldn't use bots.
- Less teamwork friendliness due to newer or weaker players falling often
- Megid

Scapes should just not be available in shops. This would give Moon Atomizers an actual use...and make Giresta even more useful. Soloing could become a problem as a result, though...

Dongra
Mar 12, 2011, 09:05 PM
Soloing could become a problem as a result, though...
This game wasn't really built around soloing. If it was intended to be solo'd they probably would have put in a weaker single player mode like they did in BB.

Tetsaru
Mar 12, 2011, 09:13 PM
- Couldn't use bots.

Bots/NPC's had horrible AI anyway. All they're good for are meatshields, and the occasional crappy heal/SUV.

- Less teamwork friendliness due to newer or weaker players falling often

That's what lower difficulties are for. Everyone's a noob once, and has to learn how to do things. Just don't play the high-level stuff unless you and your teammates know what you're doing.

- Megid

Megid Dodgeball. :wacko: And there's also the Vijeri/Resist and ways to boost your Stamina.

Scapes should just not be available in shops.

I agree 100%. After all, PSO didn't have them. You had to FIND Scapes, and since were pretty rare, you basically had to save them for the really difficult fights.

Soloing could become a problem as a result, though...

Again, just do the lower difficulties until the harder stuff is doable. :confused:

Amaury
Mar 12, 2011, 09:20 PM
Bots/NPC's had horrible AI anyway. All they're good for are meatshields, and the occasional crappy heal/SUV.

That's what lower difficulties are for. Everyone's a noob once, and has to learn how to do things. Just don't play the high-level stuff unless you and your teammates know what you're doing.

Megid Dodgeball. :wacko: And there's also the Vijeri/Resist and ways to boost your Stamina.

I agree 100%. After all, PSO didn't have them. You had to FIND Scapes, and since were pretty rare, you basically had to save them for the really difficult fights.

Again, just do the lower difficulties until the harder stuff is doable. :confused:

The NPCs' AI is awesome!

Ishia
Mar 12, 2011, 09:23 PM
The NPCs' AI is awesome!

Delusions are nice I guess.

Amaury
Mar 12, 2011, 09:25 PM
Delusions are nice I guess.

Ishia! You're awesome!

Tetsaru
Mar 12, 2011, 10:25 PM
The NPCs' AI is awesome!

Sure, if by "awesome" you mean constantly kiting enemies around in circles and rarely attacking for shitty damage instead of possibly reviving you when you're KO'd... :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaoMeOWI-F8

I believe that's one of your videos too. :wacko:

Amaury
Mar 12, 2011, 10:27 PM
Sure, if by "awesome" you mean constantly kiting enemies around in circles and rarely attacking for shitty damage instead of possibly reviving you when you're KO'd... :rolleyes:

YouTube - The Story of Lou - Ep. 1 - Ch. 2: Lou Strafes Like No Tomorrow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaoMeOWI-F8)

I believe that's one of your videos too. :wacko:

You're awesome, too!

Anyway, yes, it is, but take a look at chapter 3, as well as my videos in my S2/S3 missions topic.

Powder Keg
Mar 13, 2011, 08:50 AM
This game wasn't really built around soloing. If it was intended to be solo'd they probably would have put in a weaker single player mode like they did in BB.

I would agree, but there's a problem with this due to the population and how the lobby system was geared. If you want to play certain missions and don't have any friends available at the time, you're pretty much forced to solo. Which brings me to another issue -- it's silly how the difficulty doesn't change based on how many players are running the mission.

Megid dodgeball really doesn't help when a common enemy likes to consistently McNabb several Megids right into your feet when in the middle of a PA. The game's enemy and level design doesn't allow the difficulty to be where it should be. Trust me, if the game was as some suggest, a good chunk of players probably would not be playing.

AnonymousHat00
Mar 17, 2011, 08:17 AM
I really dont like ppl who just sit on the forth floor and do nothing but create drama, not to mention they dont even do missions, so they are just taking up space in uni 2 when they can just go to there rooms and talk to there friends in there in a completely different uni so ppl that actually do missions can get into uni 2 and play with big party.

Dev 1x
Mar 17, 2011, 11:06 AM
The fact that they made Scape Dolls stack, readily available at every shop at every corner of the game, and easily affordable due to AotI's flooding of meseta into the market is what I hated. Takes all the difficulty out of the game, and makes stuff like Moon Atomizers and Giresta's revive ability practically useless... :rolleyes:

And yeah, removing the death penalty on mission rewards was stupid too. People need to work for their rewards instead of mindlessly spamming missions and zerg-rushing through enemies. :nono:

The NPCs AI is lame, doing story missions with Laira pissed me off a couple of times. Stood there while I was getting pushed back consistently. Ethan Waber was the only one doing things.

I hate Sega for not making PSU as good as PSO back in the old days. PSO had a GREAT run.

I hate how it makes male players gay for even playing a female. (Said by a bunch of 4th floorers)

I hate how basically every 4th floorer has his/her ass in other peoples asses and they are so stuck up. Its like once they are friends with who they are friends with its like nobody else can try being friends with them. If you go to the 4th floor you can never expect to find friends or a socializing people. (Which is a good thing about the white beast area, you can make friends by just doing runs with people)

NPCs AI SUCK, I must say it again.

I hate all the re-skins, all events are the same. Nothing interesting but leveling new characters at white beast.

I really dont like ppl who just sit on the forth floor and do nothing but create drama, not to mention they dont even do missions, so they are just taking up space in uni 2 when they can just go to there rooms and talk to there friends in there in a completely different uni so ppl that actually do missions can get into uni 2 and play with big party.

I get where you're coming from but to be honest you got to know where everybody is. If they start going to peoples room PSU will seem empty. The fourth floor is where most information is lead out and plus its in between everything. I don't mind people spamming there its just a place where I feel and know that I'm never alone.
But the drama does have to stop if there wasn't any drama who knows how many friends I would of made. Maybe 50 a day, rofl.

BIG OLAF
Mar 17, 2011, 11:33 AM
I hate how it makes male players gay for even playing a female. (Said by a bunch of 4th floorers)

I hate how basically every 4th floorer has his/her ass in other peoples asses and they are so stuck up. Its like once they are friends with who they are friends with its like nobody else can try being friends with them. If you go to the 4th floor you can never expect to find friends or a socializing people. (Which is a good thing about the white beast area, you can make friends by just doing runs with people)

Well, they're mostly all idiots, anyway. Only reason I go up there is to have myself a good laugh at their moronic antics and general impudence.

Every once in a while you find someone intelligent to talk to, but it's usually stooges in Rappy Suits, people arguing about who has "no life", and useless spam such as "SELLING 0/3 12% CRIMSON! W4C!!".

The fourth floor is where most information is lead out and plus its in between everything.

Too bad most people on the 4th floor don't know what they're talking about, and end up just starting wild, completely untrue rumors, which (much to my chagrin) most people believe in a heartbeat, and without question. Then, people that actually do go to the official forums and/or actually know what's going on (such as myself), have to straighten out the real facts. Gets old after a while.

Amaury
Mar 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
The NPCs AI is lame, doing story missions with Laira pissed me off a couple of times. Stood there while I was getting pushed back consistently. Ethan Waber was the only one doing things.

I hate Sega for not making PSU as good as PSO back in the old days. PSO had a GREAT run.

NPCs AI SUCK, I must say it again.

I hate all the re-skins, all events are the same. Nothing interesting but leveling new characters at white beast.

I get where you're coming from but to be honest you got to know where everybody is. If they start going to peoples room PSU will seem empty. The fourth floor is where most information is lead out and plus its in between everything. I don't mind people spamming there its just a place where I feel and know that I'm never alone.
But the drama does have to stop if there wasn't any drama who knows how many friends I would of made. Maybe 50 a day, rofl.

Nope. The NPCs' AI is awesome. They're AI is only bad because you want them to fight a certain way.

Fox2Tails
Mar 17, 2011, 11:50 AM
Nope. The NPCs' AI is awesome. They're AI is only bad because you want them to fight a certain way.

The AI is only decent in PSP2. Otherwise it's pretty bad

BOSSwolf114
Mar 17, 2011, 03:52 PM
Higher level players who think they HAVE to baby sit you even IF you know what you are doing! I'm not stupid, quit talking down to me. If I need help, I will ask for it! Sheesh!

This ^

Omega-z
Mar 17, 2011, 04:24 PM
Tetsaru loved the Zerg reference, just to bad they aren't Swarmy these's days. There's only one mission so far that I've seen gives you a challenge even in a group is BN/R. And I Love this Mission even if I haven't made it to the end yet working on that, both solo and group. Heck I even renamed it to "7th Level of Hell" or 7LoH for short.lol:)