PDA

View Full Version : Is the full game a one time payment now?

Xiled
Mar 6, 2011, 02:06 AM
When I go to manage account, under "Your Memberships" Phantasy Star Universe says:

End Date: N/a
Renewal: Off
Renewal Price: N/A

It's been like that for about 3 months now. I don't think I'm paying anymore yet I can go on PSU.

:-)

BIG OLAF
Mar 6, 2011, 02:15 AM
Sega's billing system is probably still messed up, as always. But, no, normally it's still $10 a month.

Tyreek
Mar 6, 2011, 03:15 AM
I highly doubt such a system would keep a company such as SEGA maintaining this game as it already is. While I shouldn't be sticking up for SEGA's priorities for this game and charging for such service on the 360, I'm thankful for the players that the actual game is nothing like the demo, or they'd be dealing with the same exact filth. Free as it is, that "freedom" is as much of a bane if the game can't even be maintained properly by the staff. Yes the demo had lots of people, but only a few on that demo are among a decent community, and few of them transition to the real game.10 bucks a month isn't much(unless you're jobless or depending on mom and dad). Thank god that demo is finally gonna kick the bucket on the 7th.

BIG OLAF
Mar 6, 2011, 03:19 AM
It shouldn't be, the game is boring, we need people to hang out everywhere instead of just the 4th floor and white beast. I bet PSU would have double its population if it was a one time payment.
In the demo you would find people everywhere, and on every floor.

Then why are you still playing the game? Also, if PSU was a one-time payment, how would Sega afford the resources to get us updates? You think the game is boring now, if it wasn't for the monthly fee, oh lawdy.

Also, if you don't want to sit with all the mutants on the 4th floor, or run White Beast: find some friends to run other missions with. I play with friends every day, and I haven't run White Beast in weeks now.

Thank god that demo is finally gonna kick the bucket on the 7th.

^Oh, and this.

Dongra
Mar 6, 2011, 03:38 AM
What updates? They just unlock content that is already on the disc. You shouldn't have to pay a monthly fee to get what you already payed for.

BIG OLAF
Mar 6, 2011, 03:44 AM
What updates? They just unlock content that is already on the disc. You shouldn't have to pay a monthly fee to get what you already payed for.

So, you're saying that we should have gotten literally everything the day PSU came out? Yeah, that would've gotten Sega plenty of money. It's all just business. I don't mind getting "what I already paid for", because I physically don't have it yet. Therefor, it's all the same, whether or not it's already on the disc.

Ethateral
Mar 6, 2011, 08:54 AM

Most things are not on the disc. What do you think the expansion (and it's addition upgrade) was for?

Tash Alistair
Mar 6, 2011, 10:01 AM
Most things are not on the disc. What do you think the expansion (and it's addition upgrade) was for?

just quoting for your epic post count.

Amaury
Mar 6, 2011, 10:59 AM
Sega's billing system is probably still messed up, as always. But, no, normally it's still $10 a month.

There's also the option to pay $49.98 (I think it's 98 cents) every six months.