PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU March 24th Update was Power Maintenance.

str898mustang
Mar 10, 2011, 09:27 AM
So apparently, the March 24th Maintenance was just a power maintenance to drop the servers from 16 to 8.

The Roar of Flames and update to the RSD 3rd exchange will not be implemented.

Aka
Mar 10, 2011, 09:41 AM
Holy shit, a Shining Hearts outfit. I wonder if they'll end up bringing out all the other character outfits from Shining Hearts cos they are gorgeous.

Crysteon
Mar 10, 2011, 10:20 AM
Roar of Flames...I missed that Stateria hallway, lol. Delicious exp D:

indescribably
Mar 10, 2011, 11:29 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe the drops will be better than these two dismal missions lol.

HienkyakuX
Mar 10, 2011, 11:41 AM
well the only good drop from normal monsters is guld if they are still the fire infected gol dova.

Crysteon
Mar 10, 2011, 12:00 PM
Hmmmm...scales too? And perhaps either Innocent Mary or Soul Phoenix may drop in RoF...I wonder if SP will have HP Drain (like the psp2 version).

HienkyakuX
Mar 10, 2011, 12:18 PM
Hmmmm...scales too? And perhaps either Innocent Mary or Soul Phoenix may drop in RoF...I wonder if SP will have HP Drain (like the psp2 version).

well yeah maybe but I was talking about normal enemies since this days nothing good really drops from them.

Crysteon
Mar 10, 2011, 12:34 PM
Oh, sorry. I wasnt really paying attention at all, but yeah...most, if not all, drops from normal monsters might suck in RoF. Now I have an excuse to hunt scales...but I dont think I have decent ice weps for FM >_>

I would have prefered to see Examination/Inquisitor as an uber drop instead of a butchered, stat-wise, drop from LoL. D:

indescribably
Mar 10, 2011, 02:11 PM
Watch the examination/inquisitor have hella variance and the stats suck and th rarity will be 13* instead of 15* lol

str898mustang
Mar 10, 2011, 02:25 PM
Way to be positive everyone! lol

indescribably
Mar 10, 2011, 05:48 PM
I didn't mean to be negative. I just think Sega messes up a lot of things that are originally very good. But anyway RoF should be a lot of fun with the aexp boost I should be able to finish GASing my FM. :)

str898mustang
Mar 11, 2011, 07:43 AM
I know, just messing with ya :P

psu000
Mar 11, 2011, 11:42 AM
Time to sell off some of my crappy ice weapon $$$$$

Amaury
Mar 15, 2011, 06:19 PM
The update has been postponed.

See this topic for more details: http://forum.psupedia.info/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1338

str898mustang
Mar 15, 2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah I informed most of the JP importer people on here.

Amaury
Mar 15, 2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah I informed most of the JP importer people on here.

You might want to change the title to "No Maintenance for March 17th" like Espio did.

str898mustang
Mar 15, 2011, 07:06 PM
You might want to change the title to "No Maintenance for March 17th" like Espio did.

I meant I mailed people in-game but yeah I'll do that

Vent
Mar 16, 2011, 08:13 AM
Saw that one coming.

They probably will extend the duration of the event too at this rate. I bet they have (or HAD) more missions planned than Roar of Flames. If they still want to give players a (second) chance to play those missions, they probably have to reschedule the whole event.

str898mustang
Mar 16, 2011, 08:36 AM
Saw that one coming.

They probably will extend the duration of the event too at this rate. I bet they have (or HAD) more missions planned than Roar of Flames. If they still want to give players a (second) chance to play those missions, they probably have to reschedule the whole event.

They didn't have more missions besides Roar of Flames. The event is a month long. Come Thursday, the event will have been here for two weeks, then RoF would be another two weeks thus being a whole month and end of the event.

EspioKaos
Mar 22, 2011, 08:43 AM
Copy-pasting from my PSUPf post:

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=1358

* March 17's update will be implemented on March 24.
* Maintenance will begin one hour earlier than normal (10:00 a.m. JST instead of 11:00 a.m.)
* The number of universes will be reduced from 16 to eight.
* White Day will end and Easter will begin. Easter lobbies will be in place from March 24 through April 14.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=1360

* GUARDIANS Chronicle 2nd will be extended by two weeks, so the event will now end April 14 instead of March 31.
* The end of PS2 online services is now scheduled for April 14.
* Other shifts and changes in the schedule will be announced later.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=1359

* The universe reduction is being done to help conserve power.
* Be advised that temporary game server and official website outages are likely due to rolling blackouts.

Nereid
Mar 22, 2011, 08:45 AM
Cool news, thanks, Espio.

str898mustang
Mar 22, 2011, 09:18 AM
edited for this weeks update.

LP_Phoenix
Mar 22, 2011, 10:09 AM
then edit the topic again.....i never of an update on a saturday (26th) i thought its on 24th.... just a lil hint XD

str898mustang
Mar 22, 2011, 10:50 AM
done XD

psu000
Mar 22, 2011, 12:09 PM
by the way, the maintenance is an hour earlier this week and after the maintenance, Universe will reduce to just 8 instead of the originally 16.

LP_Phoenix
Mar 22, 2011, 12:37 PM
but baout the server reduce.... will it stay like that forever, or just for the time cause of the energy problem?

Crysteon
Mar 22, 2011, 12:40 PM
It's pretty much temporary, but might be good that it was permanent, lol.

Good thing to hear everything got "normalized" again...I was kinda feeling bad for abusing of this game by such disgrace (that's why I stopped playing as usual).

This means we will have 3 weeks of RoF /o\ (pretty unnecessary to compensate us with an exta week, though). I cant wait for the 3rd update, damn >_>

Nereid
Mar 22, 2011, 12:40 PM
Probably just during the energy issue.

Hopefully this extension to the event gives me time to get these last 40 levels and maybe some AP, too!

Edit: Do we foresee RoF being better experience than what's currently available? So tired of getting Megid'd and Fakis'd.

Nereid
Mar 22, 2011, 03:27 PM
Coolio. I never got to play it when it came around last time so it's all new to me :P

Thanks!

Asking Alexandria
Mar 22, 2011, 03:50 PM
So japan itself gets an update but the us version once again gets nothing?thats ridiculous I don't think I'm subscribing again.such crap

str898mustang
Mar 22, 2011, 03:56 PM
So japan itself gets an update but the us version once again gets nothing?thats ridiculous I don't think I'm subscribing again.such crap

Yall are getting an event this friday....did u not read it in the other thread?

pikachief
Mar 22, 2011, 04:23 PM
cool :D I thought it would be until the 14th since i get to play on the 15th >.> lol there better be an awesome update on the 15th! lololol :P

Actually I think I can play this weekend too so that'll be fun :)

WiZ1988
Mar 22, 2011, 07:46 PM
Sounds good to me!

FOkyasuta
Mar 22, 2011, 07:50 PM
I hope the recovery disk for the computer comes just in time for this. Otherwise it'll be like US PSU all over again. I join just when an event was just over.

str898mustang
Mar 24, 2011, 02:51 AM
Um............Where is Roar of Flames???

milranduil
Mar 24, 2011, 03:24 AM
As I posted on PSUpedia forums, there was a mistranslation on the update page.

This maintenance was simply used to reduce power consumption of the servers during the power crisis in Japan. It is posted on the official site for this update that the March 17 content will be postponed and that it's release date will be given at some arbitrary later time and not this week. The event is running normally as before maintenance.

str898mustang
Mar 24, 2011, 03:24 AM
Edited for what really was the update

Red*
Mar 24, 2011, 03:29 AM
well, yes. only reduced universes. no new items in special exchange 3rd and the same 2 missions we had before

Crysteon
Mar 24, 2011, 03:36 AM
Hrrrrrmmmm.......somebody stole Easter Eggs!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/DPTastic/psu20110324_020850_000.jpg

EspioKaos
Mar 24, 2011, 07:14 AM
How embarrassing. I really wasn't paying attention when I translated that, I guess! D: (Sorry for the screw up!)

GlacialTerror
Mar 24, 2011, 07:35 AM
Darn, I was hoping we were gonna get 3 weeks with Roar of Flames instead of the initial 2 weeks that were planned.

Amaury
Mar 24, 2011, 10:24 AM
well, yes. only reduced universes. no new items in special exchange 3rd and the same 2 missions we had before

The reduced universes / servers must be temporary.

Nereid
Mar 24, 2011, 12:15 PM
Sigh, was hoping to escape the boredom of the current two missions. I feel stuck in the 140s atm x.x

WiZ1988
Mar 24, 2011, 12:56 PM
Well are we still going to get Roar of Flames?

Vent
Mar 24, 2011, 01:15 PM
Well are we still going to get Roar of Flames?

This maintenance was simply used to reduce power consumption of the servers during the power crisis in Japan. It is posted on the official site for this update that the March 17 content will be postponed and that it's release date will be given at some arbitrary later time and not this week. The event is running normally as before maintenance.

If I would to believe adios' exact words, it means we will get it at some time; read 'postponed'.

pikachief
Mar 24, 2011, 04:56 PM
Are they still planning on the event to end on April 14th? Because i'd be able to experience the event more if they still give roar of flames 3 weeks and have it end April 21st! :D lol

HienkyakuX
Mar 24, 2011, 05:10 PM
Are they still planning on the event to end on April 14th? Because i'd be able to experience the event more if they still give roar of flames 3 weeks and have it end April 21st! :D lol

As things look now the updates will go to normal around April 14 not sooner. I'm just happy they had maintenance; that way there is an up to date character backup :P (rollback to day 1 of event). Don't know about it getting 3 weeks but I wonder what drops there now; hmm Rutsularod, Double Cannon or M25SE Missouri :P lol

Nereid
Mar 24, 2011, 05:24 PM
I'd rather the event end sooner rather than later so we can get the Update 3rd sooner! :)

pikachief
Mar 24, 2011, 05:37 PM
I'd rather the event end sooner rather than later so we can get the Update 3rd sooner! :)

this is true! Snow level and Enemies + bosses will be AMAZING!

(also duel bosses if that's a possibility would be amazing too! De Ragnus + Altzergoug :wacko:)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 24, 2011, 05:44 PM
How embarrassing. I really wasn't paying attention when I translated that, I guess! D: (Sorry for the screw up!)Harming the community with fanslations: the one true purpose of PSUPedia (other than being an infamous cheating and hacking website).

Nereid
Mar 24, 2011, 05:49 PM
this is true! Snow level and Enemies + bosses will be AMAZING!

(also duel bosses if that's a possibility would be amazing too! De Ragnus + Altzergoug :wacko:)

Would be interested to see what other kinds of things they will bring, too! Perhaps some more type balances!

Crysteon
Mar 24, 2011, 06:02 PM
Don't know about it getting 3 weeks but I wonder what drops there now; hmm Rutsularod, Double Cannon or M25SE Missouri :P lol

Discard Rutsu and Double Cannon for a while. As far as I know, they gave away plenty of them to unbalance the game enough.

And dont worry about it Espio, nobody is impervous to commit a mistake ocassionally xD. At least we have to be thankful that somebody here has the iniciative to translate stuff like that; it's just that some people are too proud to say thanks once in a while.........so I openly thank ya for translating the content listed on the site everytime there is an update :D

Crysteon
Mar 25, 2011, 03:14 AM
Whoa whoa whoa.....PSP2i clothes already? rofl...perhaps they merged 2 seperated updates in a single one (meaning that if the earthquake stuff never happen, we might have received a GC gacha update on the past maintenance).

Giiiib Punisher Jacket naaaaao D: