PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Notes Regarding Japan and No Maintenance for March 17th

Amaury
Mar 14, 2011, 12:50 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?363294-Notes-and-Notices-No-Maintenance-This-Week

Attention, GUARDIANS --

A few notices.

First, we will have no maintenance for this week.

Right now, for what I hope are obvious reasons, business in Japan is not running as usual. Of course there's much more important concerns over there at the moment, but I still wanted to let you know what was going on with regards to the game.

We do have content scheduled which we will announce as soon as we are able, and as soon as our colleagues in Japan are able to return to some semblance of normalcy. Rail service is disrupted around the country and most offices are closed this week, and the entire country may undergo rolling blackouts.

Everyone here has friends and colleagues over there, and we've all been worried for them these past few days. Our own SEGA offices are in Tokyo, which was relatively unscathed, but this disaster has obviously affected everyone there.

We will resume our normal schedule as soon as we can. Please be respectful here and join us in sending our thoughts and well-wishes overseas.

Asking Alexandria
Mar 14, 2011, 04:03 PM
Bulllllllll!!!!! I wanted the thanks festa GD!!!!that is japan this is USA and I'm still paying ten dollars to play white beast and innocent girl...

No I really don't care I'm sorry it doesn't affect me, I and a bunch of others were excited for nothing.plus there is a rumor that japan itself is getting their update.cmonnnnn

Angelic Fae
Mar 14, 2011, 05:02 PM
Bulllllllll!!!!! I wanted the thanks festa GD!!!!that is japan this is USA and I'm still paying ten dollars to play white beast and innocent girl...

now I aint an expert on psychology or anything but its as your trying to piss ppl off (in olaf's case it seems you did.)

mabye its time to come out of wonder land and take a look at the real world, shit happens so what if u don't get your thanks festa. Next youll be whining to us that you broke a nail while turning your xbox on.

Jinketsu
Mar 14, 2011, 05:30 PM
You don't necessarily have to care. Most of our opinion of you have certainly gone down the tubes for it, but you don't have to.

But certainly you can understand that they don't really have the energy source to spare for an online game's server, let alone a crap load of other things that are more important than that. The fact that the US servers are even still open is amazing in my book.

Ishia
Mar 14, 2011, 05:33 PM
The fact that the US servers are even still open is amazing in my book.

Not really. The US/EU servers are hosted in San Francisco. Not Japan.

Asking Alexandria
Mar 14, 2011, 05:36 PM
Hosted in San Fran eh? sheesh man japan is no excuse then

Ishia
Mar 14, 2011, 05:37 PM

Japan still handles maintenance though for some odd reason.

desturel
Mar 14, 2011, 05:53 PM

All of the administrators are in Japan.

Mortalis
Mar 14, 2011, 06:18 PM
No I really don't care I'm sorry it doesn't affect me, I and a bunch of others were excited for nothing.plus there is a rumor that japan itself is getting their update.cmonnnnn

Well, I guess that "be respectful" part in Edwards post has fallen on deaf ears to some. Not surprising really.

Edit: Not to mention that rumor of yours means nothing, considering the update for JP was scheduled a day before the earthquake actually hit. Plans have more than likely changed.

Asking Alexandria
Mar 14, 2011, 06:34 PM
Idc and yes I want my updates.I don't go worry about others problems and I don't expect people to worry about mine.my money however is something I work for not something the Japanese give to me.

Mortalis
Mar 14, 2011, 06:35 PM
Idc and yes I want my updates.I don't go worry about others problems and I don't expect people to worry about mine.my money however is something I work for not something the Japanese give to me.

A whole 10 dollars. Zomg, how ever will you live? My condolences to you.

Mortalis
Mar 14, 2011, 06:42 PM
Ten dollars I could use towards a family, but I'll wait another 4 weeks to get festa.afterall japan will have another event in that period of time

Orrrr...You know...The event they're having now? Oh, you mean videogamez!1! You could always cancel and resub when you get your precious update? 10 dollars saved!