PDA

View Full Version : GAS upgrade: Sluggish

xmoonprismpowerx
Mar 15, 2011, 09:59 AM
My friend got it because I thought it was used to keep enemies from interrupting your attack (like where the character usually blocks, they'd just get hit and finish the move). Well, does it work for a certain class, or all classes? 'cause she wants to use it for magic casting. Doesn't seem to work.

Sorry, I'm a complete noob with the GAS stuff

bloodflowers
Mar 15, 2011, 10:10 AM
My friend got it because I thought it was used to keep enemies from interrupting your attack (like where the character usually blocks, they'd just get hit and finish the move). Well, does it work for a certain class, or all classes? 'cause she wants to use it for magic casting. Doesn't seem to work.

Sorry, I'm a complete noob with the GAS stuff

It reduces evasion by some amount, I think it was speculatively 100.

This means you'll still block from time to time, and if your friend is on a female newman techer, their evasion is so high that sluggish won't make much difference at all.

TheAstarion
Mar 15, 2011, 12:52 PM
I thought it was some large amount like 400. Shows what I know.

The reasoning is sound though, the idea is to take the damage on the chest and keep the PA chain going. Much better of course would be PSP2's block animations, but that would make things other than CAST Fighmaster good and we can't have that!

BIG OLAF
Mar 15, 2011, 12:56 PM
Sluggish is best for fighter classes, honestly. Fighters should want to block as little as possible, so as to not waste PP, and keep their attacks going.

For techers, you're going to want to block as much as possible, since magic users are "glass cannons". Blocking a lot gives many opportunities for Exact Counters, which are great for getting in another quick, invincible attack. Besides, a Newman techer is almost always going to flinch when hit, so even using Sluggish, she would still be interrupted on her attack either way.

pikachief
Mar 15, 2011, 05:54 PM
I would think that getting hit causes more of a delay then blocking since blocking you have a good chance at countering it which comes out slightly faster than a normal cast.

xmoonprismpowerx
Mar 15, 2011, 06:29 PM
THanks for the replies. I totally just wasted my friend's AP. Ah well.

TheAstarion
Mar 15, 2011, 06:31 PM
Oh yeah, since the Supdate, if you get a critical counter after blocking anything, you're invincible for the duration of that move. Not really an issue for gunners as a shotgun pump is pretty quick anyway, so-so for fighters (the next part of the PA chain isn't invincible, but the first part will be), and awesome for forces (yes, you will be invincible for that entire megiverse. And yes, even with that it's still shit.).

Midori Oku
Mar 15, 2011, 06:47 PM
Why would you want to lower evasion on a techer? I am guessing you were playing as a Masterforce?

xmoonprismpowerx
Mar 15, 2011, 08:43 PM
I assumed sluggish did what I said in my first post, not lowering evasion by a certain amount, which would be useless on a techer.

BIG OLAF
Mar 15, 2011, 08:48 PM
Sluggish's effect is decreasing EVA by an uncertain amount (no one is really sure by exactly how much). For a Masterforce, I would consider getting Ragan's Breath/Ragan's Force as an Armor Style, as it increases HP, which Masterforces have little of.