PDA

View Full Version : CYOA Roleplay: Bandwagon CYOA, STEAMPUNK BAYBEE

Sord
Mar 16, 2011, 08:05 PM
You awake to the usual sounds and smells. The slick greasy taste of oil hangs in the air and assaults your sense of smell. Through the walls you can hear the sound of complex machinery moving. The clanking of gears, the roar of a burning fire, the hiss of steam, and the constant low hum of motion. Your room is small and modest, barely wide enough to fit your bed and dresser. The walls and floor are made almost entirely of metal, but the longer wall opposite your bed is made of wood, and you've hammered several nails into it from which hang a variety of tools, pipes, valves, springs, cogs, and other odds and ends used in machinery.

You drag yourself out of bed, grabbing the grease covered overalls from your dresser and throwing them on over your tattered shirt and shorts. You yearn for a shower and clean clothes, but alas there is none to be had. Your face is dark, dry, and caked with soot save around your eyes where your goggles have protected them. It's been weeks since your crew has seen port. Grabbing your boots, gloves, and the most necessary tools you head to the mess hall of...

---------------------

A. the Black Recluse, a large 8 legged moving weapon of war. It's task is to transport ground forces, troops, weapons, as well as being a massive weapon in and of itself. A moving, invading war base.

B. the SS Water Rake, a mid-size battle cruiser with the ability to dive like a submarine. Can deploy several smaller one and two man submarines when under water. Underwater reconnaissance, naval combat, and plenty of pirating are the goals of your ship.

C. the Sky Wurm, a large flying city buster air ship designed to take out massive land forces. Your biggest trouble is arriving at your destination, since you're constantly plagued by enemy dogfighters trying to take down the massive flying base before it reaches it's next target. Has it's own hangers for dogfighting planes.

First to three wins

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 16, 2011, 08:10 PM
A. Lots and lots of spider-man.

Palle
Mar 16, 2011, 08:37 PM
C, baby. Let's get some Last Exile up in this booch.

Sord
Mar 16, 2011, 09:17 PM
That show got so fuckin weird at the end.

Palle
Mar 16, 2011, 09:35 PM
Alex Rowe is pimp of the universe.

Also, I'm starting a mining corp on my alt. It's called Sky Wurm Applied Material Sciences, or SWAMS.

Sord
Mar 16, 2011, 09:41 PM
I really need to get back to that, but lately my personal life has left hardly anything for sitting around and playing an MMO. Lately I'm not even home that often enough to use my PC for extended periods of time. The only videogame I've played this month is some MvC3.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 16, 2011, 09:42 PM
Should designate a Chris Berman shipmate, for all the "WOOOP" and Shwamie [sic] needs.

Plus he won't want to be out there doing golf talking head stuff that you can't improvise at-at all. Pay him adequately for his stumblin' bumblin' fumblin', "You say Hoosh-men-zae-dah? I say Hooshmen-za-duh!" services.

Know all them catch phrases and I don't really even like foosball. :o

Palle
Mar 16, 2011, 09:44 PM
Who's the man now, dog?

Sord
Mar 16, 2011, 09:49 PM
Should designate a Chris Berman shipmate, for all the "WOOOP" and Shwamie [sic] needs.

Plus he won't want to be out there doing golf talking head stuff that you can't improvise at-at all. Pay him adequately for his stumblin' bumblin' fumblin', "You say Hoosh-men-zae-dah? I say Hooshmen-za-duh!" services.

Know all them catch phrases and I don't really even like foosball. :o

Cross him with blueman Skeeter man of Doug fame and be confused

Boogie Troll
Mar 17, 2011, 01:38 AM
A.

Even though I hate spiders.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 17, 2011, 01:45 AM
Maybe its an octopus

Boogie Troll
Mar 17, 2011, 02:04 AM
Hopefully it's a mutant dog.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 17, 2011, 02:06 AM
DogCatdog

Double the dog of Nickelodeon's thing.

SpikeOtacon
Mar 17, 2011, 02:12 AM
Gotta watch out for them Wurms they'll getcha.

A

RenzokukenZ
Mar 17, 2011, 03:08 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2008/06/wildwildwest-mid.jpg

A

Sord
Mar 17, 2011, 04:30 AM
Grabbing your gear you head through the steel halways toward the messhall. No windows are apparent and the only source of light is a string of large bulbs running along the ceiling. For a brief moment you get a sense of claustrophobia, but it quickly fades away. You've learned to fight the feeling after weeks in these grimy god forsaken rusted tunnles.

As you continue others wearing similar garb as you begin to show up as the hallways start to widen. An alarm fires off, a small whine that travels and echoes through the tunnels, signalling the 6th breakfast of the day will start in ten minutes. The population of the Black Recluse, a proud Landwalker of the Memarch army, is roughly equivalent to that of a large town with several thousand people. Chocked full of tanks, power suits, small planes, guns and ammunition of all sizes, a few thousand foot soldiers, anti-air and anti-ground turrets, and the crown jewel, Mortimer, the largest Mortar Canon ever built, rising up out of the core of the landwalker like a gun barrel to hell. Constant care and maintenance of the landwalker is required around the clock, as such everything is tightly scheduled. There are 8 breakfasts, 8 lunches, and 8 dinners, and you're part of what is jokingly called the "6th Food Regimen," that is, you eat the 6th breakfast, 6th lunch, and 6th dinner.

The gargantuine eight-legged army base has been constantly on the move since the war against Artasia started just two years ago over the Grand Coal Canyon, a huge crevice in the earth roughly three-hundread miles long. The canyon is almost entirely lined with coal, and scouts have yet to report just how deep the veins go. The problem? It's located on the other side of the capitalistic Republic of Artasia, and the technocratic society of Memarch can't have that.

Those beurocratic greedists wouldn't know what to do with all that fuel but sell, sell, sell. Memarch would put it to good use, to further the power of steam and electricity to new heights at the greatest speed history had ever seen! All those Artasians would do is slowly sell it off to Memarch and other countries for a high profit, stagnating other countries while keeping a power grip on fuel and lining their pockets with unearned cash. Just the thought of it makes your blood boil.

Finally you and the crowd make it to the mess hall, and the sound of hundreads of people chattering manages to easily dwarf the mechanical sounds that previously hummed in your ears. You get in line for your food, a sticky paste of cream colored mish mash and lumps, designed as such so that when the landwalker tilts at odd angles on uneven terrain the food would never slip from its plate. For the same reason, the plates themselves are magnetic, and stick to the metal tables in the large cafeteria. You quickly make your way to your table, and take a seat amongst your fellows, the 42nd Mechanica Squadron.

Johan, your lead supervisor, a brash man with muscles upon mucles, a completely unkept beard, and hidden behind it all a keen intellect, greets you as you take a seat.

"Ha! Late to the table again you pussyfootin sod, what's the matter, gettin tired of the good ol' slop? You know Memarch prides itself on only the finest of gruel a man can eat!"

"Ah, put a sock in it sup'visor," Rickilee nods her head to you in greeting, a tall muscular woman that could easily be mistaken for a man when wearing a face mask. She's nearly as brash as Johan but never could match his mechanical know-how. "Even if this stuff tastes good it still looks like some form of albino shit slithering down your throat. I'd kill for a good steak. I can't wait to bust some damn Artasian greedist skulls in and raid a cattle farm."

A much smaller man, Spies, possesing no remarkably physical traits beyound his large and boisterous moustache (which he jokingly claimed was all a man ever needed) couldn't help but roll his eyes. "Come now, lets not start that again. We only get 15 minutes to eat and I'd rather it not be filled with you two squabbling over the food again."

"Put a sock in it," both Rickilee and Johan this time, glaring down at Spies, who could only roll his eyes again at their retort. To your left, Mabel, the other female of the group (and, rumor has it, one of the curviest gals around under those overalls) can't help but laugh. "I'm in no rush to fight, I just want to go home and take care of my parents before they kick the buckit."

"Keep sayin' that and you'll end up deader than an empty steam tank. That's the way it always goes with family lovin types in the dramas." That was Jakov, a supersticious wreck of a man. His gaunt face and deep sunken eyes always giving him a perpetually stressed and weary look. But he could jury rig steam apparati in a heart beat with some gum and rubberbands if he had to.

"Oh, you're always such a spoil sport Jakov." Mabel continued eating her slop, her normally optimistic demeaner slightly dampened. The truth was, none of them, Johan, Rickilee, Spies, Mabel, Jakov, or yourself, might make it back home alive. While traveling, everyone worked to maintain the Black Recluse, but when combat came the 42nd Mechanica Squadron's job was to...

-----------------------------

A. Maintain and pilot the Mechanica Suits, a body armor that has armored steel tanks on the back stored full to it's bursting point with high pressure steam used to power the armor. It's fists and feet can piston out up to a foot with a blast of steam to deliver blows like a jackhammer to enemies and debris. The hands themselves could also vent hot steam to burn and scald enemies when grappled. Large loads could be easily lifted and moved (or thrown, if one desired to crush a puny human.) Standard weapons include a large hammer with an axe blade on the back, and heavy duty automatic rifles whose recoil would blow the arm off an unarmored human. You're a frontline soldier and mechanic, but mostly soldier.

B. Maintain and pilot the Mechanica Bikes, small motorcycle like hovercraft that are one of the fastest single man vehicles around, suited for any land based terrain. In combat you play the role of scout, gathering intel on enemy positions, zipping in and out before enemy forces can aim and shoot you dead. You also have additional stealth training. Your primary weapons are small firearms, knives, and various gadgets and trinkets to get you in and out of places quietly.

C. Mechanica Engineers. You don't really care to fight if you can help it, you're all straight up mechanics, but this doesn't exempt your squad from the battlefield. Gear needs to be recovered from the field, steamtanks and batteries need to be supplied to the front lines to fuel your country's war machines, and a malfunctioning machine needs to be fixed on the double if it falls in combat. You have great knowledge of mechanics and can work, repair, and use just about any war machine (you are not incredibly skilled at using it, you just know how,) as well as build things and invent on the fly to suit your needs. Your weapons include a small handgun, a knife, and just about any tool you could need (but most importantly, your welding torch.) Your hammers and wrenches are especially dense should they be needed for brawling purposes.

----------------------

Since it's being brought up, even if jokingly...

The shape of the Black Recluse in question is actually a large circular plate holding the large military base with 8 legs branching off of the plate, with 2 joints on each leg. The feet are huge pads with 3 "toes" spaced evenly apart on each pad. A large drill can also come out the bottom of the pad and drill down into the ground for added stability. Since the Black Recluse is suspended above the ground, the only way on and off of it from land is via ramps, ladders, and ropes. The whole contraption is very slow moving, but it's a hell of a behemoth and can devastate most places it comes to. City buster ships could potentially take one out if they can get within bombing range, but that can be very hard.

First to three as per the usual

Raikomaru
Mar 17, 2011, 05:14 AM
A fo sho

RenzokukenZ
Mar 17, 2011, 07:57 AM
A, to pound down the middle-man like a nail to a board!

Palle
Mar 17, 2011, 11:01 AM
C, industrial wrench fight ftw.

Boogie Troll
Mar 17, 2011, 02:31 PM
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 17, 2011, 04:49 PM
Cee-Lo Green, runs the mustache machine.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 17, 2011, 08:01 PM
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 17, 2011, 08:11 PM
Scouts get tortured to relay info back to the other side of the warring factions. You all are crazy. Speedbikerboyz. With some Inspector Gadget thrown in? Spy Fiction, maybe, thanks Zach.

Sord
Mar 17, 2011, 08:15 PM
2 As, 2 Bs, 2Cs, down to the copper wire baybee

Sord
Mar 25, 2011, 08:25 AM
Okay, it's snowing out, and shitty weather is shitty, so I won't be switching out my flat today and taking my car to the shop to figure out wth is wrong with my engine. Which means I will not be able to go anywhere and do fun shit tonight (yet again, bah.) So we're gonna move this along so I have something to do tonight.

First post to pick A B or C wins, regardless if you already posted or not.

Randomness
Mar 25, 2011, 09:53 AM
B. focl.

Palle
Mar 25, 2011, 11:22 AM
Cheating cheaters!

/shakefist

Meyfei
Mar 25, 2011, 11:48 AM
>.> shoulda been B /shakefist

Randomness
Mar 25, 2011, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I'm sneaky.

Meyfei
Mar 25, 2011, 12:16 PM
xD sweetness

Sord
Mar 26, 2011, 07:37 AM
The back light on my desktop monitor has pretty much gone out. If I turn it off and on I might get a few brief seconds of light, but then it just goes black again.

Expect some delay. FUCK.