PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Race/Class

Shade_Koopa
Mar 16, 2011, 08:19 PM
This has probably been done before but, who is your favorite race/class?

Barter3k
Mar 16, 2011, 08:23 PM
Newman force :)

Windancer
Mar 16, 2011, 08:46 PM
Hahah I like the poll Shade and I cant recall someone doing it before :) It was close between the Human Force and human Ranger for me but I voted ranger only because the game has been very difficult with the Ranger. 40 levels ago I would have voted my Human force but now things have been much better. I so hope that if PSZ2 comes out that they tweak the ranger class to be more even with the other classes but its all been fun anyway

Broken_L_button
Mar 17, 2011, 12:25 AM
Eh, I can't decide between my favorites. All I can say right now is that, for me, it's a tie between HUnewearl, HUcaseal, RAcaseal, FOmarl and FOnewearl.

Seth Astra
Mar 17, 2011, 12:28 AM
HUnewm. He looked awesome. And I like having PP regen. Makes life easier.

NeonaPulsar
Mar 17, 2011, 12:34 AM
I love PSZ forces. My FOnewearl is awesome.! :-D

She can obliterate almost anything with a Megid comming off a Psycho Wand.

Shade_Koopa
Mar 17, 2011, 02:44 AM
Each class has their strengths and weaknesses but I'm sticking with the new HUnewm. I like using daggers, having the speed and evasion, and the PP regen isn't bad either.

Norco
Mar 17, 2011, 07:56 AM
I chose HUnewm because I like meele, I like casting lots of technics(mainly support), they have higher accuracy then HUmars(what I played in PSO) and the also look awesome xD

P.S. Hey Shade, I got a pair of -Foie Haze, 37/0/10/0/23, X Lv1, Reverse Kill-, daggers with 7 stars. I'm not into daggers so you can have them if you want xD

NeonaPulsar
Mar 17, 2011, 10:20 AM
Wow. Seems a lot of people like newmans. :D

Omunall
Mar 17, 2011, 03:27 PM
I have always liked the newmans in the series, but this time around i have to say the Human forces really had an awesome makeover. FOmarl, while i love her old self, is really interesting in this game.

Shade_Koopa
Mar 17, 2011, 04:02 PM
I chose HUnewm because I like meele, I like casting lots of technics(mainly support), they have higher accuracy then HUmars(what I played in PSO) and the also look awesome xD

P.S. Hey Shade, I got a pair of -Foie Haze, 37/0/10/0/23, X Lv1, Reverse Kill-, daggers with 7 stars. I'm not into daggers so you can have them if you want xD

Sure, i'll add your FC, when would you like to make the exchange?

Krayden
Mar 17, 2011, 04:03 PM
I so hope that if PSZ2 comes out that they tweak the ranger class to be more even with the other classes

i think there is nothing wrong with the class.. but they should tweak the guns to be a lil bit stronger and shoot more consitantly.. that pause between buullets can really mess people up who like normal handguns like myself.. anyway i guess it really doesnt matter if people have fun with it :)

Krayden
Mar 17, 2011, 04:05 PM
and btw.. am i the only cast lover in here? lol

bns1991
Mar 17, 2011, 05:02 PM
I have put in more hours with my HUmar, but I would have to go with the FOmar. At high levels they can hold their own with either melee or techniques. I am not really a big fan of rangers, however. I only made one just to not have two of the same character builds. I think I might like rangers more if I could only find more 7* guns. All those hours of searching have come up empty.

MAXrobo
Mar 18, 2011, 03:02 PM

not at all. my 3 favorites are RAcast, RAcaseal, and HUcast, in that order.

Crazyleo
Mar 18, 2011, 03:56 PM
When it came to PS0, I have to say specifically the Fomar. This was my first attempt at playing as a force. Even though I primarily used the slicer as my means of attack, but I do spam the techs on occasion.

Before playing that, I went with the Racast; but it was so "meh" that I quickly dropped it.

cease_fire
Mar 19, 2011, 12:06 AM
I vote for human ranger because they are awesome with slicer and full MST mag

just try imagine having character with 800+MST with slicer, also having a moderate EVS(one of the highest with Keplar's suit) and also to cast tech effectively. Human ranger is certainly an epic character.

Windancer
Mar 19, 2011, 12:50 AM
I vote for human ranger because they are awesome with slicer and full MST mag

just try imagine having character with 800+MST with slicer, also having a moderate EVS(one of the highest with Keplar's suit) and also to cast tech effectively. Human ranger is certainly an epic character.
I may have to try this :) I never knew this Ive been trying all these weapons and have never put any thought into slicers with mst

Omunall
Mar 19, 2011, 01:48 AM
Is the RAmarl's tech even high enough to be effective? This is interesting. I'd think even a FOmarl would still beat out the RAmarl with slicers, considering they get a better slicer, a high enough mind stat, better shifta and zalure,and can compensate the ATA pretty easily to match the RAmarl, and not loose MST. I'd still say it sounds interesting for a fun class build though.

cease_fire
Mar 19, 2011, 05:23 AM
-true ramarl will not have the punch of forces but she does have one the highest non forces MST and also the highest accuracy and EVS among all of human classes so she kinda make one of the best slicer user. Lastly she don't need boost from shifta and zalure to use slicer=).

-The cons are she have the lowest total stat and she can't equip shuriken and keplar's suit =(.

-To counter those get full MST material( you don't need accuracy), full MST mag and Trois Souther with celeb. Consider those stat with all the following (this is my lvl 100 stat with all the following grinded and with noble clock), 882MST 523ACC 432DFP 595EVS.(Now I know why human ranger were given such horrible stat and lack in slicer equipment otherwise they will dominate with slicer)

Omunall
Mar 19, 2011, 05:36 AM
Ahh, i see how you're doing it. Interesting build; seems quite fun! I'm working with a FOmarl right now, but i think i'm going to try this out with her, since i can use acc on a mag to come close to the RAmarl's ACC, and still push a somewhat more significant MST (or i could match the ACC and then have a slightly highe rMST, but use the huge shifta and zalure bonus to make the damage a lot more significant that the difference already is...but from what it sounds, if the RAmarl can do it and do it WELL, then i'm pretty happy to think on how the FOmarl would do it, even without shifta and zalure, since she's be hitting often at that point and hitting ALOt), so i'm hoping the damage with one of the higher end slicers would be useful. I think my wife has a halfway garbage Trois, but i'd have to hunt one forever for a celeb past lvl 1 lol.

Very good idea now that i'm thinking on it more. Might i ask,what PA do you normally use? I'm liking edge riser (because of grants and it's charge for close range) but my ata is sort of trash at the level i'm at,so i don't get to experiment with slicers as a normal weapon past it's PA. I'm quite anxious to find myself a good slicer!!

cease_fire
Mar 19, 2011, 05:55 AM
well I have two slicer one is damage purpose (with a good slicer you can hit better than slicer's photon art) and the other is with bright sign (due it range, area and stun capability and it is very good at arca plant due to those robot low hp and slicer don't get damage penalty compared to guns)

XxGoregrinderxX
Mar 19, 2011, 06:13 AM
How was voring for a Newman HUnter???
They are so weak i think.

cease_fire
Mar 19, 2011, 06:18 AM
Well they are for spamming photon arts due to their pp regeneration and some people just love their high EVS in hunter department.

cease_fire
Mar 19, 2011, 06:24 AM

lol I would like to vote for Hucaseal because her ninja like look but I like ramarl better.:-?

Omunall
Mar 19, 2011, 06:29 PM
well I have two slicer one is damage purpose (with a good slicer you can hit better than slicer's photon art) and the other is with bright sign (due it range, area and stun capability and it is very good at arca plant due to those robot low hp and slicer don't get damage penalty compared to guns)

How do you mean a damage penalty? I've been following everything else up to that point haha. Do the mst based weapons damage formula work differently than the atp ones?

cease_fire
Mar 19, 2011, 08:12 PM
How do you mean a damage penalty? I've been following everything else up to that point haha. Do the mst based weapons damage formula work differently than the atp ones?

I didn't notice any different result for MST but ATP weapon does have differences in each area. Some area it is better to use range weapon while some melee weapon.

HUcast Omega
Mar 22, 2011, 12:16 AM
I am a lover of HUcasts. I'm all about attack power and they have the best HP, Defence, and Attack power in the game. On top of the HP regen, we are death weapons XD

Seth Astra
Mar 22, 2011, 12:39 AM
Just to point out: PP regen is far superior to HP regen, for a few reasons:

1. You can regenerate enough PP for resta far faster than you could regenerate the amount of HP you'd heal with said Resta. (And if you don't have time for Resta, the amount of HP you'd heal in that time would probably not be enough to enable you to pull of a miraculous survival)

2. PP can be used for PAs as well. I almost never use fluids on my HUnewm. And I use PAs, Resta, and Shifta regularly.

Neo Flint
Mar 22, 2011, 04:38 PM
I have a... *ahem* slight fetish for RAcaseals. ^^;

HUnewmarls are pretty cool too.

cease_fire
Mar 24, 2011, 05:21 AM
newman are overwhelming the pool...

Crazyleo
Mar 24, 2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah. Have to agree with you there.

Plus they are the best looking race in the game IMO.

yoshiblue
Mar 28, 2011, 03:27 PM
Race wise i would have to say CAST

Class wise, its a tie between FOnewearl and Racaseal

If they had the PSO's HUmar and RAmar look, those would be my fav.

leviayurashyguy
Apr 1, 2011, 07:53 PM
-true ramarl will not have the punch of forces but she does have one the highest non forces MST and also the highest accuracy and EVS among all of human classes so she kinda make one of the best slicer user. Lastly she don't need boost from shifta and zalure to use slicer=).

-The cons are she have the lowest total stat and she can't equip shuriken and keplar's suit =(.

-To counter those get full MST material( you don't need accuracy), full MST mag and Trois Souther with celeb. Consider those stat with all the following (this is my lvl 100 stat with all the following grinded and with noble clock), 882MST 523ACC 432DFP 595EVS.(Now I know why human ranger were given such horrible stat and lack in slicer equipment otherwise they will dominate with slicer)

HUnewearl has the highest non-Force MST, second highest goes to HUnewm. Third place actually goes to HUmarl lol. Besides Shurinkens, RAmarl also lacks access to the better slicers such as Loneos and Eridanus, both of which are equipable by the above classes.

Cast Rangers have access to Eridanus as well, go figure?

Galax
Apr 16, 2011, 10:35 PM
I've seen through my RAmar to the end.
Lv100 RAmar.
I'd say Human Ranger.

cease_fire
Apr 16, 2011, 11:20 PM
HUnewearl has the highest non-Force MST, second highest goes to HUnewm. Third place actually goes to HUmarl lol. Besides Shurinkens, RAmarl also lacks access to the better slicers such as Loneos and Eridanus, both of which are equipable by the above classes.

Cast Rangers have access to Eridanus as well, go figure?

I did said ramarl one of the highest non forces MST. Beside if you calculate ramarl with shinobi will have balance stat with good EVP and moderate DFP. Other than that she can use jellen to support the team as a whole. That why she is one of the best slicer user. Anyway a good celeb T.S. can definitely out damage shuriken.

As for cast ranger going MST build will be a little waste cause you can't exactly use tech.:-?

Broken_L_button
Apr 17, 2011, 01:13 AM
I did said ramarl one of the highest non forces MST. Beside if you calculate ramarl with shinobi will have balance stat with good EVP and moderate DFP. Other than that she can use jellen to support the team as a whole. That why she is one of the best slicer user. Anyway a good celeb T.S. can definitely out damage shuriken. As for resta, HUney's is better.

As for cast ranger going MST build will be a little waste cause you can't exactly use tech.:-?

No point using Shinobi suit on RAmarl if she can't even wield the Shuriken that goes with it. DFP is useless, and EVP is bleh unless you get it at least to 690, and even then, by the time it reaches that, you won't need it (unless you're adamant on having Humilias miss his sword attack on you while you're frozen). Jellen is useless unless your teammates NEED it to survive blows from enemies/are unable to see the obvious enemy patterns/lack the competence to use mates/you're too cheap or pissed at their incompetence to use resta on them. Zalure has its uses, but HUney's Shifta does the job just as well, if not better.

If they both have 0'ed slicers, and RAmarl uses Zalure, she'll deal 145ish, while HUney will deal 151ish (this is on an enemy with 500 DFP). Also, here are both of their max MST builds, for shits and giggles:

RAmarl: 100 Mind mats+60% Trois Souther+4 D/minds+100 Mind MAG = 983 MST (1112 when adding %s)

If I factor in Celeb's 1.3 multiplier for damage at level 3, that gives a base damage of 289.12 for normal attacks. Without Celeb it's 222-ish. it increases by a small, variable amount with Zalure depending on the enemy (Zalure reduces DFP/EVP/resistances by 15%).

HUney: 100 mind mats+60% Kouga Shuriken max grind+4D/minds+100 Mind MAG+Set bonus = 1144 MST (1535 w/ Shifta -ATP/MST up by 25%- and %s included)

That gives 307 damage for a normal attack.

Note that all this doesn't factor enemy DFP and resistances yet.

After factoring average enemy DFP on SH (500), HUney, deals 207 damage with her setup above+Shifta while RAmarl deals 179 damage with her setup I wrote above+Zalure.

As for the ATA issue, they are pretty much equal, RAmarl having 500 ATA and HUney having 499 with these builds. With that, one can hit somewhat decently, but misses are still noticeable. Just one D/hit instead of a D/mind on both builds solves that to an extent, while reducing damage by 5 for HUney and by 7 for RAmarl (gotta take in account that the game rounds up values).

As for general ability to clear areas, both of them are juggernauts in areas weak to melee, while in melee resistant areas, RAmarl with have a noticeably harder time (even with Zalure, her techs will hit for less than HUney's).

In light of my edits, HUney with a Kouga Shuriken always deals more damage than RAmarl and a Celeb Trois Souther.

...Also, never underestimate the power of a full MST RAcaseal with a level 5 Alice Olivia spamming Magical Sign. It's pro and deals REAL SOVIET DAMAGE.

cease_fire
Apr 17, 2011, 05:31 AM
whoa dude calm down.. do you really need to so far as to reply such a long thread..

now did I really say anything about ramarl being THE BEST slicer class in the game??? no. If you look closely at one of my other post I mention hunew the queen of slicer

did I say ramarl use shinobi set?? no I was refering to shinobi suit as it the best ramarl can get

as for jellen after it cast on enemy such as Arkzein, Eulada etc. You will notice higher misses frequency even if you are using lvl 10 jellen..as to go so far to tank humilias is just to far.-.-

did I underestimate racaseal MST build??I just said the it a little loss considering u can't use tech and you can do better with good gunblade..

If I did offend you that much I'm sorry.

Broken_L_button
Apr 17, 2011, 12:09 PM
Eh? Where did it seem like I was offended in my post? At the very least, it would look like I was happy, since I spent all this time writing it (not too mention I do have a bit of a weak spot for doing math). Last I checked, posting up numbers and facts as evidence =/= being angry. I like going into detail and being as rigorous as I can in my explanation, to prevent misunderstandings or bias. Lengthy post = (usually) more detailed explanation =/= being angry.

Also, I did a small error in my previous post; when both characters have 0%'d slicers, RAmarl+Zalure on a 500 DFP enemy deals 145ish, HUney+Shifta on the same enemy will deal 151ish. For some reason, I forgot to take into account the +114 MST from Shifta. And even worse, I mixed up some of the multipliers from the buffs/debuffs.

For the rest of the stuff, read my post again. My point about shinobi suit on RAmarl should be understood as such: "Why settle for a lower grade armor when you can wear a better one and have superior (albeit still useless) stats? Tl;dr: why settle for the shinobi suit's horrid stats, especially if it provides no benefit to you, when you can use Noble Cloak?"

As for Jellen, again...You're using a slicer. Even if you have to get closer for using Bright Sign, you still shouldn't get hit enough for Jellen to be a must. And yes, one can dodge HUmilias' physical attacks (all beam attacks in the game are nearly impossible to dodge) completely (but not often) with enough EVP. And even then, it's far from needed since you just have to stay close to his feet or behind him to dodge whatever he throws at you. Really, Jellen's only use is for melee Forces, tbh.

And the RAcaseal bit was meant as both a fact and a bit of a humorous pun. But, alas, I guess no one remembers Mike Z's Tager tutorial video.

Anyways, that lengthy post was just to show that a Kouga Shuriken will outdamage a Celeb'd Trois Souther depending on their %s, or be pretty close to it if they're both 0'd.

But, I'll make sure next time to put my current state of mind at the bottom of my posts to make sure no one gets the idea that I'm angry after writing so many sentences...Lol.

Galax
Apr 20, 2011, 08:21 AM
But BLB, you have to remember, we're all different. I'd agree with you, taking the time to type that out shows that you're far from angry. I wouldn't say happy, but that's just me...

PS: I'm good with math *hint hint*

XxGoregrinderxX
Apr 20, 2011, 10:17 AM
Ive voted for the FOnewm.
The attack Power of Megid and Grants is awesome.
And the PP Regen is very cool.

But i like Hunters too but i cant decide which Hunter i should use.