PDA

View Full Version : Who's keeping PSZ when the 3DS comes out?

Anon_Fire
Mar 17, 2011, 10:46 AM
I sure am :)

Akaimizu
Mar 17, 2011, 12:20 PM
Like I'll ever get rid of PSZ. That'll be the Phantasy Star I play on a Nintendo system until they release another one. Of course, a good chance Friends codes will change. The only thing I don't like about PSZ, though. It's one of the two main games on Nintendo that can't use WPA security. If anything is going to take away from my online time, is that I plan to switch to WPA on my network, I'll have to find some alternatives to deal with that. Not even sure Dragon Quest 9 works with WPA, and that'll hurt more.

Krayden
Mar 17, 2011, 12:21 PM
im keeping it.. i play alot and some partners would be nice, so please add me.. i added yall already

Omunall
Mar 17, 2011, 03:15 PM
I personally think the 3DS isn't going to get off the ground like the normal Nintendo handheld, so i'm going to say most people that will be using a DS type system are still going to be buying the current one for a bit of time.

That said, i just started, so i'm going to be playing for awhile. All I need to do is upgrade to the DSi, since my lite is a pain to get online :(

Krayden
Mar 17, 2011, 03:37 PM
well hey Omunall.. put your FC up and ill play with u

Omunall
Mar 17, 2011, 03:59 PM
I'll get online and put up the FC once i get y DS, not sure if it changes when you switch systems. I have to go to mc donalds to go online with it right now (i have a lite and no wifi connector for it, so i have to get a DSi to use my router :( )

Shade_Koopa
Mar 17, 2011, 04:01 PM
I am. ^^

Krayden
Mar 17, 2011, 05:08 PM
hey, do anyone of yall wanna play??

Windancer
Mar 17, 2011, 05:46 PM
I am keeping mine also but i'm hoping beyond all hope they announce a 3DS version soon! I have to say PSZ has been my bar none favorite game to play on the DS. It's been an absolute joy and ive met some wonderful people through the game and PSOW

Omunall
Mar 17, 2011, 06:05 PM
You know, I had played PSO for about ten years and never thought something could replace it. I picked this game up after being disappointed in PSP2, not that it wasn't good...but that it just wasn't the same. PSZ seemed like it was destined to be the same issue...but then I had unlocked the dark shrine, and everything that lead up to it.

Not only does this game have an interesting storyline, but also some awesome environments! Bosses are cool and true to PSO, and i'd have to agree, it's bar none my favorite DS game...but also great to see that it's as addicting as PSO was.

I'm just happy piping doesn't happen in this game, since i would probably not actually "play" the game haha.

Windancer
Mar 17, 2011, 07:21 PM
You know, I had played PSO for about ten years and never thought something could replace it. I picked this game up after being disappointed in PSP2, not that it wasn't good...but that it just wasn't the same. PSZ seemed like it was destined to be the same issue...but then I had unlocked the dark shrine, and everything that lead up to it.

Not only does this game have an interesting storyline, but also some awesome environments! Bosses are cool and true to PSO, and i'd have to agree, it's bar none my favorite DS game...but also great to see that it's as addicting as PSO was.

I'm just happy piping doesn't happen in this game, since i would probably not actually "play" the game haha.

Wow I had the same issues with psp2. it is a good game but not for me. I do prefer PSZ. Maybe we just like to feed mags :) I also think the characters are more memorable in PSZ

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Mar 17, 2011, 09:52 PM
I personally think the 3DS isn't going to get off the ground like the normal Nintendo handheld, so i'm going to say most people that will be using a DS type system are still going to be buying the current one for a bit of time.

That said, i just started, so i'm going to be playing for awhile. All I need to do is upgrade to the DSi, since my lite is a pain to get online :(

why update to a dsi when the 3ds comes out in 10 days?

and about the psz thing, ive never sold a game, so yes i will

Anon_Fire
Mar 17, 2011, 11:40 PM
and the best thing about the 3DS is that you can use the Analog Circle Pad on your DS games.

Omunall
Mar 18, 2011, 12:48 AM
Yeah, i think that the characters are more memorable in this game. I still have my nit picks about this one (casts should not need to buy traps...............:() but i also like how the story is in this. PSP had a story, PSU had a story, and none of them i even gave two thoughts after about...but this one, i really want to know what's going on with the newmans, and i actually have some sort of feelings reguarding the characters (Reve is an ass, but he's a cool guy lol, first time i've thought about a phantasy star character since the revamp of the series...except ceicel, HOW DID SHE LOOSE THAT MUCH WEIGHT FROM ONE CAVES RUN?!?!?!?!?!)

Far as the 3DS goes, i just don't think it's going to get off the ground all that well. I mean sure, it's awesome...and i want it...but 250? People still don't own the 360, PS3, or even the wii, let alone buying a handheld that's so close to the same price. Don't get me wrong, it's worth the upgrade, but i still see Nintendo making more continuous profit on their DS lite and DSi line. The 3DS may sell pretty well, but I don't see it becoming priority for at least a year...so that's a year that the DSi will probably still sell more units than the 3DS.

Omunall
Mar 18, 2011, 05:09 AM
well hey Omunall.. put your FC up and ill play with u

Hey just lettin ya know i managed to get my "verizon mifi" to connect to the DS, so now they are talkin to each other. I'll be able to get online now :) Figured i'd give you a heads up if you want to play; my character isn't even started yet, so i'm a pretty low level haha. I'll get some levels soon enough though.

FC: 0905 2377 7804

Clavat99
Mar 18, 2011, 09:50 AM
There's no way in hell im getting rid of PSZ, if for no better reason than to keep it in my already massive game collection.. Cant wait to get some of the old N64 games for the 3ds though. (for those of you that didnt already know, nintendo plans to release some of the most popular N64 games as ds versions for the 3ds after it comes out). and for any of you guys that still play PSZ, check the group thats listed in my sig and join. SoE has 39 members now, most of them inactive, but alot of them still pop on here and there. And i imagine that if we can get as many of the current players on as we can, the group will easily become the highest rated group onsite.

onlyfortheweak18
Apr 5, 2011, 04:42 AM
im still playing, looking for a few good guys to hook up with and polish my hucast from 96 to 100, so my current friends code is under my pic on the left hand side. feel free to add me.

Akaimizu
Apr 5, 2011, 10:46 AM
The only way I'll not go back to play PSZ is if Sonic Team releases a new and improved Phantasy Star followup on the 3DS. It doesn't even have to be in 3D, but can definitely make use of the upgraded hardware and memory capabilities. After seeing even Samurai Warriors 3DS, with their large combination maps that they can have all at once (no need to load in room-like chunks to handle gameplay and graphics) they have a lot of new room to work with.

The only problem is that I think my friend code will change going to 3DS, so I have to do the whole friends list thing again. Not that I mind, I would imagine I'd have to do that anyway.

Kenbog
Apr 5, 2011, 01:11 PM
hmm is it the habit here to sell all games if you have a new system? :s

My habit is to keep everything and replay things I liked from the past :s

yoshiblue
Apr 5, 2011, 06:00 PM
I never sell my games because i like replaying them. Wish the DS could be used with WPA.

I also wish they would remake Castlevania 64/LoD for the 3DS.

Akaimizu
Apr 6, 2011, 09:52 AM
I agree. I think the biggest mistake for the DS was making the DS carts, themselves, have their individual network settings instead of allowing a system-wide Network setting to be used. That way, this would've been fixed for all DS games starting with the DSi.

Ranmaru
Apr 9, 2011, 07:59 PM
I will never let go of my PSZ.