PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 What makes White Beast superior if at all?

MagicPink
Mar 18, 2011, 09:32 AM
We've been running a bunch of missions lately and White Beast seems nice but there's a few others that seem better, like Awakened Serpent. Why exactly is everyone doing White Beast? Is it just because it's newer? Or is there some kind of EXP or Meseta bonus I'm not aware of?

Amaury
Mar 18, 2011, 09:37 AM
Because they want to; there's nothing wrong with that.

Mortalis
Mar 18, 2011, 09:39 AM
We've been running a bunch of missions lately and White Beast seems nice but there's a few others that seem better, like Awakened Serpent. Why exactly is everyone doing White Beast? Is it just because it's newer? Or is there some kind of EXP or Meseta bonus I'm not aware of?

Drops and MP is all it mostly boils down to.

MagicPink
Mar 18, 2011, 09:53 AM
What's the drops that people are after? And doesn't Awakened Serpent and SEED Express have a higher MP bonus?

I just want to make sure we aren't missing anything.

Kenbog
Mar 18, 2011, 10:53 AM
Easy spawns, easy enemies,extremely easy boss (Alterazgohg is the easiest boss ever) and its very short.

Awoken Serpent have allot of hard hitting enemies, its long and the boss is annoying.

SEED express have hard hitting enemies, megid spammers, its short and the boss is easy tho.

Well most people are just lazy so they do noting but the easiest thing to get things working.

MagicPink
Mar 18, 2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks, Kenborg, that's what I was looking for. We'll probably default to WB for a bit then too.

Alterazgohg does seem STUPID simple. The only thing I seem to have to watch for is his trample.

Vintasticvin
Mar 18, 2011, 01:31 PM
Ooooo I used to always go to SEED express and level my wide spreading attacks and well cause its fun and I enjoy downing multiple enemies at once (Biggest tee hee hee hee perk there) Im probably the only perseon in White Beeast to carry Earth element around while people do Dark :3 My WB formula "Hard hits <SEs to reduce sleep stun"

MagicPink
Mar 18, 2011, 01:33 PM
No, you're not the only one. I tried using dark but I only have the two vendor available dark spells and they both pretty much suck.

Earth and fire is totally the way to go.

BIG OLAF
Mar 18, 2011, 01:47 PM
White Beast is the best mission for experience per time spent. That's about it. People do it because it's fast and easy for any player.

str898mustang
Mar 18, 2011, 01:50 PM
put it this way, once Shijinn is released, u dont have to worry about the 4 swords being expensive

MagicPink
Mar 18, 2011, 02:19 PM
White Beast is the best mission for experience per time spent. That's about it. People do it because it's fast and easy for any player.

Is it better then Innocent Girl? That seems to have a lot of exp.

BIG OLAF
Mar 18, 2011, 02:34 PM
Is it better then Innocent Girl? That seems to have a lot of exp.

No, but you can only run Innocent Girl solo. And people apparently don't want to do that (some do Innocent Girl, but most don't).

Linka
Mar 18, 2011, 04:57 PM
i sugest Military Subway if you can get a highly-competent team of 4 to 6 players together, if you're trying to level your character and types. its a long mission, yes, but it gives insane amounts of MP, and the extra length means more enemies, meaning more XP.

seriously. when it comes to MP gotten, i got more from Military Subway on B rank, than i got from WB on A. way more. so, if you care about drops, go for WB. tryin to level up charcters and types? go for a competent team of 4-6 players, and run Military Subway.

i thank LarienTiwele for telling me about that mission.

marth167
Mar 18, 2011, 05:07 PM
I'm so tired of doing white beast... It makes the game boring

Daproblem lvl 129 fortefighter lvl 20

marth167
Mar 18, 2011, 05:10 PM
I'll do ms !!

BluexRose
Mar 18, 2011, 05:28 PM
im gonna say that that where people get there new characters started then eventually hey move on to the other missions but i wouldnt hold you breath most of the time...

Dev 1x
Mar 18, 2011, 05:41 PM
In my point of view, people only take advantage of it by leveling their alternatives and such.

Linka
Mar 18, 2011, 07:39 PM
which is dumb, because Military Subway does it way better. waaaaaay. even on B rank i was getting levelups on my main, who's not even 80 yet! like...60-something, maybe? maybe 70. not sure. certainly not 80 yet.

Ishia
Mar 18, 2011, 07:42 PM
Military Subway is 5 blocks and takes forever to complete though. The White Beast population prefers fast, and easy not long, and hard.

Linka
Mar 18, 2011, 08:27 PM
actually, the difficulty comes from the length, not what's inside. just get a decent team together, and it'll feel shorter. besides. type leveling is much better on it. even doing a b-run was giving more MP than an A-run on WB. people are just lazy, is all. if they did some real work, they could do MS, and get stronger alot faster. x.x

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 18, 2011, 09:06 PM
The difficulty in that mission comes from trying to stay awake when running it.

It may give more MP than White Beast, but you can run White Beast like three times in the time it takes you to do Military Subway once. Also, there are no worthwhile drops there.

DuSTiNNNNN
Mar 19, 2011, 12:50 AM
Drops and MP is all it mostly boils down to.

Really?! What drops are you talking about? White beast is on of the WORST missions
for drops. The rarest drops are a hizeri / mind (2 mil right now), an aoryu sealed (3 mil), and a serafi senba [b] ( 1mil).

Seed Express drops Armas Line [b]=30 mil
Forest Infiltration drops Adahna Unit=50 mil
Dark God drops red line [b]=a stack or more
Dark Satellite drops Agito Repca [b]=40 mil

Enough said about the drops. As for exp and mission points, I've found Seed Express
to be better. Yes it give less of both than White Beast BUT with a good party you can
run Seed Express much faster than White Beast which gives you a better ratio
of exp and mp for time spent playing. If you have the math skills of a 3rd grader, then
figuring that White Beast in BY FAR NOT the best mission for anything should be easy :)

If you are just playing White Beast for fun...that is a different story...

Ishia
Mar 19, 2011, 01:34 AM
You forgot to mention that White Beast drops Nasuyoteri [B]s and the made weapon goes for 13-17 million. But that still doesn't compare to the other drops, that I know.

DuSTiNNNNN
Mar 19, 2011, 01:47 AM
You forgot to mention that White Beast drops Nasuyoteri [B]s and the made weapon goes for 13-17 million. But that still doesn't compare to the other drops, that I know.

I've never seen a Nasuyoteri [b] drop on White Beast so I wasn't aware that it dropped there.
But as you said anyway it doesn't compare to the better drops in this game.

dias_flac_0g
Mar 19, 2011, 03:02 AM
Ohh look...another WB topic.

Though worded a lil differently, it still comes down to crying about why everyone is running white beast.

I'm surprise people STILl try to give logical reasons and explinations to such topics xD

My guess is that you guys are just REALLY bored...

Juggernaut29
Mar 19, 2011, 03:14 AM
My philosophy is that if people were more social and actually used their mics, than the game would become more spread out across the 4 planets because the game would consist of more knowledge,ideas, and friendship. Everyone simply storms to white beast because they don't know what else is going on and it's a decent mission, but in the eyes of an experienced player,its certainly not the best for exp or MP, and especially not drops. If I am looking for a mission that is do-able with a balance of exp and drops my top 3 are probably: 1. Seed Express 2. Dark God 3. True Darkness(getting to boss quickly means a lot of exp and that mission is only 2 short blocks).

bloodflowers
Mar 19, 2011, 06:40 AM
Really?! What drops are you talking about? White beast is on of the WORST missions
for drops. The rarest drops are a hizeri / mind (2 mil right now), an aoryu sealed (3 mil), and a serafi senba [b] ( 1mil).

Seed Express drops Armas Line [b]=30 mil
Forest Infiltration drops Adahna Unit=50 mil
Dark God drops red line [b]=a stack or more
Dark Satellite drops Agito Repca [b]=40 mil

Yes but those hardly /ever/ drop, and the stuff that does drop at WB actually does drop with some kind of useful frequency. People go there because it's easy and they see drops, the problem wouldn't be nearly as bad if Sega fixed a lot of the poor drop rates in the game.

RedMussel
Mar 19, 2011, 08:11 AM
Yes but those hardly /ever/ drop, and the stuff that does drop at WB actually does drop with some kind of useful frequency. People go there because it's easy and they see drops, the problem wouldn't be nearly as bad if Sega fixed a lot of the poor drop rates in the game.

Or make them harder.

DuSTiNNNNN
Mar 19, 2011, 09:12 AM

It's not so much that they hardly ever drop it's just that nobody plays those missions.
If people played Forest Infiltration S3 as much as they do WB S2, then we would see many
Adahna Units dropping. It seems half of the people in this game aren't even aware these
missions exist. As soon as someone starts playing PSU for the first time, they are always told the whole "white beast supremacy thing".

BIG OLAF
Mar 19, 2011, 10:23 AM
It's not so much that they hardly ever drop it's just that nobody plays those missions.
If people played Forest Infiltration S3 as much as they do WB S2, then we would see many
Adahna Units dropping. It seems half of the people in this game aren't even aware these
missions exist. As soon as someone starts playing PSU for the first time, they are always told the whole "white beast supremacy thing".

I've run Forest Infiltration at least 400 times, and only gotten 3 Adahna Units, and zero Photon Boosters. What bloodflowers said is true and correct: drop rates on certain items are just ungodly low compared to other things.

Anon_Fire
Mar 19, 2011, 11:39 AM
Maybe things will change when Distant Memory is released.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Mar 19, 2011, 11:58 AM
Maybe things will change when Distant Memory is released.

It would be nice if this is the case, sadly seeing as Distant Memory has megid throwing enemies I doubt it.

I'm sure it will be popular for awhile much like Seed Express was, but after a couple weeks of running it I don't see most ppl staying there since it seems that any run with megid is never popular for long, which I find rather sad since I enjoy a challenge.

That said, I hope I'm wrong.

dias_flac_0g
Mar 19, 2011, 11:37 PM
I cant wait for Distant memory. I dont care if it kills WB or not.

Any PSO missions are welcome by me :)

Sometimes I run the old mag event for nostalgic purposes. It actually gives good exp and mp though...

Justyn_Darkcrest
Mar 20, 2011, 06:35 AM
I cant wait for Distant memory. I dont care if it kills WB or not.

Agreed, regardless if ppl run this for a long time or not, I will still spend a lot of time there.

Good drops, good challenge, plus it's different, all pluses in my book.

Juggernaut29
Mar 20, 2011, 11:20 PM
I can't wait for the death of white beast. That would be like the real life equivilant of the cancelation if NASCAR or the NBA

DuSTiNNNNN
Mar 21, 2011, 03:23 AM
I can't wait for the death of white beast. That would be like the real life equivilant of the cancelation if NASCAR or the NBA

Agreed...on both subjects

AnonymousHat00
Mar 21, 2011, 09:00 AM
No, you're not the only one. I tried using dark but I only have the two vendor available dark spells and they both pretty much suck.

Earth and fire is totally the way to go.

Once you get Ramegid to lvl 41(assuming you have the patients) It completely destroys White beast monsters and it also confuses the ememy which is quite useful.