PDA

View Full Version : Rappy Suit

Sha Sha
Mar 19, 2011, 05:52 PM
So as Ami already knows
Im trying to make a Rappy suit for Anime Expo 2011
I'm planning on using chicken wire for the head and a light foam for the body
Do anyone else have any tips to add?
I know I'm gunna be hugged since Rappys are cute and everyone loves hug cute things xD

I wish some of you lived near me to help me xP

Akaimizu
Mar 19, 2011, 06:33 PM
Very good question. I think the fact that it's a bird-like creature which would throw off my ideas. Never did materials for that type. Still, should be a fun project. They seem like easy to make mascot material, so I could say there's a lot of potential to make a nigh perfect suit. If not, at least as accurate as that rappy scientist did from PSO.

Mike
Mar 19, 2011, 08:13 PM
It needs to squeak every time you make a step.

Linka
Mar 19, 2011, 09:53 PM
well, if squeek-steps are needed, squeak toys in the boots. duh.

Sha Sha
Mar 20, 2011, 01:38 AM
xD I guess i should get some sqeekys outta some dog toys and connect them to my feet xD

FOkyasuta
Mar 20, 2011, 01:42 AM
Sure it wont sound like you saying "Ow?" every time you step instead of the squeak?

NeonaPulsar
Mar 20, 2011, 01:49 AM
Here is an idea: Just the first part with the yellow suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8vmd3DkzDg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8vmd3DkzDg

Akaimizu
Mar 20, 2011, 04:49 AM
Too bad the bird method didn't work. It would be funny seeing people dressed up in a Rappy suit in an attempt to fool a motion sensor.

[Metal gear solid music starts]
I'm going incognito.
(What?! In that thing?!)
Hey now. Don't underestimate the power of the chirp.

Linka
Mar 20, 2011, 05:18 AM
funny the sheet method worked.

Akaimizu
Mar 20, 2011, 06:03 AM
I know. It's right along the lines of Snake and his Cardboard box trick. Makes it seem even sadder when something like that actually works. Now I can see that bed sheets and cardboard boxes might actually become usable gear. (Then again, that's the thing about high-tech science. You create something that catches some of the most intelligent methods of circumvention, only to fall to the silliest almost block-headed conventions). It's like one of those puzzles in which the most common fallacy is to over-think it.