PDA

View Full Version : Population of JP Servers?

RobOmb
Mar 19, 2011, 07:20 PM
I was just wondering how the player base is on the JP servers. Do a lot of people play, or is it only few people? I was thinking about getting PSU and the expansion for PC, so since the other servers are down, I was planning to play on the JP servers.

FOkyasuta
Mar 19, 2011, 07:22 PM
From what ive heard, Its huge.

HienkyakuX
Mar 19, 2011, 07:23 PM
well this was today
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up7882.jpg

RobOmb
Mar 19, 2011, 07:28 PM
well this was today
http://www.psuxxx.info/uploader/src/up7882.jpg

Hmm, I don't have PSU so I'm not exactly sure how to read that lol. I'm guessing if the stars are all filled then its max capacity?

str898mustang
Mar 19, 2011, 07:53 PM
one full star is around 100 people or so we've been told

Orochinagi
Mar 19, 2011, 10:55 PM
Question. Is there any english at all in it? Enough to play comfortably?

Amaury
Mar 19, 2011, 10:57 PM

You mean English speaking players? Of course there are.

Amaury
Mar 19, 2011, 11:04 PM
Erased post.

Amaury
Mar 19, 2011, 11:11 PM
Erased post.

FOkyasuta
Mar 19, 2011, 11:18 PM
Whatever.

Agreed.

Freshellent
Mar 20, 2011, 12:11 AM
I haven't been here in the longest time, and I can see nothing has changed.

So uh yeah, I'm surprised the population over there is still... decent. Considering anyway.

unicorn
Mar 20, 2011, 01:38 AM

nope. :\

Being realistic.

RobOmb
Mar 20, 2011, 01:41 AM
Hmm well I guess this will be good practice for my Japanese XD. Also, this is unrelated, but my PC video card isnt that good (its an integrated ATI HD Radeon 3200) but I was wondering if I could play this game with decent fps since its pretty old?

Orochinagi
Mar 20, 2011, 03:32 AM
You mean English speaking players? Of course there are.

No, I mean the game itself. Can I read an english caption of "monomate" and stuff like that?

ZER0 DX
Mar 20, 2011, 04:29 AM
No, I mean the game itself. Can I read an english caption of "monomate" and stuff like that?

No.

All you get to work with is an icon and moonrunes.

Kenbog
Mar 20, 2011, 09:38 AM

Well most gameplay and hud stuff are in katakana which are (in this case) English words written in japanese signs.
Stuff like monomate becomes モノメイト(mo no me i to).
Takes some time to get used to but, its not that hard to learn.

Storywise its a disaster tho ... nearly everything is written in kanji....

Powder Keg
Mar 20, 2011, 10:03 AM
Now, how much of that is free course players?

str898mustang
Mar 20, 2011, 10:48 AM
nope. :\

Being realistic.

U dont have to be in a group every time. Hate for you to join a random JP party. There are JP people who know English.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 20, 2011, 03:06 PM
Question. Is there any english at all in it? Enough to play comfortably?It depends on how you play. If you like to be able to waltz into a lobby and hit up random people for a party, then no. If you are like me and only play with people you already know, then it is fine.

unicorn
Mar 20, 2011, 04:15 PM
U dont have to be in a group every time. Hate for you to join a random JP party. There are JP people who know English.

I ONLY join random JP parties because the importer population is really tiny and no one ever is on. And they probably know English, but I've been kicked out because they won't speak it with me. =P

If you comfortably speak English in parties, well congrats, you're lucky and I'm not.

---
I wouldn't bother joining JP at this point to be honest. Theres no importers to play with and PSO2 is due out later this year.

Kenbog
Mar 20, 2011, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't bother joining JP at this point to be honest. Theres no importers to play with and PSO2 is due out later this year.

Ya I quit playing that because of the same reason...
I want to have people to talk to while I am hunting for stuff and training my ass off

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 20, 2011, 09:09 PM
Put it this way. If you just want to dick around with new content every now and then when you are bored, then the JP server is right up your alley. If you want to actively play the game a lot, then no, you probably shouldn't bother.

RobOmb
Mar 20, 2011, 09:52 PM
Ahh I just bought the game from Amazon last night. $20 including shipping and handling+the expansion, so not too bad haha.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 20, 2011, 10:04 PM
Actually yes that is a bad deal, considering you can download the game for free ($10 for a game key if you want Premium).

HienkyakuX
Mar 20, 2011, 10:27 PM
Actually yes that is a bad deal, considering you can download the game for free ($10 for a game key if you want Premium).

yep and if it was the ps2 copy it's even worst :P

unicorn
Mar 21, 2011, 02:43 AM
Ahh I just bought the game from Amazon last night. $20 including shipping and handling+the expansion, so not too bad haha.

I hope you aren't talking about PC JP. Because you couldve downloaded the whole game for FREE.

And if you got a JP PS2 version, thats terrible, since Sega is terminating PS2 support in about a month.

RobOmb
Mar 21, 2011, 03:18 AM
...ok now I feel like an idiot. Where do you get it for free?

Red*
Mar 21, 2011, 03:32 AM
we dont have much importers on the JP server. thats true. but you can join without problems japanese partys. most of the JP players are friendly.

Here you can download the Game:
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/download/psuilluminus/httpdownload/

psu000
Mar 21, 2011, 09:12 AM
... I wouldn't bother joining JP at this point to be honest. Theres no importers to play with ....

That's a bit of an understatement, I mean at least me and some others are there daily and actively playing it.

Nereid
Mar 21, 2011, 10:42 AM
Yeah I agree, I started at the end of the last event and now I'm regularly playing with other importers...I have as many regular friends on JP as I did on Xbox.

pikachief
Mar 21, 2011, 02:04 PM
I also started off just with random JP Parties, with little to no problem (just the times they wanted
me to do a specific something i felt bad for slowing them down on that lol)

And during an event so that you can level up fast, once you get to a decent level to do higher ranked runs and importers see that you are gonna actually play and not quit on them after a couple of weeks they'll be more willing to play with you often :)

I leveled up with random JP players in an event and then when I was able to do A rank runs i found some importers to play with which soon became regulars to play with and I ended up having more firends on PC than 360 so i quit that lol