PDA

View Full Version : Road to Rykros 2 -- S rank

xmoonprismpowerx
Mar 21, 2011, 03:09 AM
So I'm trying to get one of the pieces to trade in for one of the edel weapons. You have to do the mission in 14 minutes to get the S rank. I'm a gunmaster, 180, using lvl 50 bullets (shotgun). I am one minute away from my S rank, which is so annoying. I also tried being a fighgunner and tornado dancing (but I actually do even worse like that). I think a fighmaster might be good? I saw someone on youtube do the run with an S rank agito repca and tornado dance.

Is this mission just physically impossible on most classes? That's kind of unfair, but... any advice from people who have gotten an S rank on this mission?

-Moonie

DuSTiNNNNN
Mar 21, 2011, 03:16 AM
So I'm trying to get one of the pieces to trade in for one of the edel weapons. You have to do the mission in 14 minutes to get the S rank. I'm a gunmaster, 180, using lvl 50 bullets (shotgun). I am one minute away from my S rank, which is so annoying. I also tried being a fighgunner and tornado dancing (but I actually do even worse like that). I think a fighmaster might be good? I saw someone on youtube do the run with an S rank agito repca and tornado dance.

Is this mission just physically impossible on most classes? That's kind of unfair, but... any advice from people who have gotten an S rank on this mission?

-Moonie

Well I did it as a level 119 level 20 Fighmaster and it only took about 5 tries. I tornado danced as much as possible to save time and used Spiral Dance to kill the enemies.
Fighgunner attacks MUCH slower than Fighmaster so using tornado dance as FG will not do you much good. Another thing to consider is that there are grass assassins that you have to kill, which a FM will kill quicker than any other type using spiral dance or dus majara. Keeping that in mind along with the added speed form tornado dance, I would recommend trying with Fighmaster as it is the most logical choice.

xmoonprismpowerx
Mar 21, 2011, 03:27 AM
It's amazingly shitty of Sega to make a mission that pretty much can't be S ranked except on a class, but I'll put the time into getting to fighmaster. I'm sure it's the best (if not only) way to get that item. Well, thanks! I think as a gunmaster, I'll always be 40 seconds away from getting the S rank >:( -=shakes fist=-

DuSTiNNNNN
Mar 21, 2011, 03:32 AM
It's amazingly shitty of Sega to make a mission that pretty much can't be S ranked except on a class, but I'll put the time into getting to fighmaster. I'm sure it's the best (if not only) way to get that item. Well, thanks! I think as a gunmaster, I'll always be 40 seconds away from getting the S rank >:( -=shakes fist=-

Look on the bright side, I've heard form many people than gunmaster is easier than
Fighmaster to get the second piece, so at least you'll be ready for that.

xmoonprismpowerx
Mar 21, 2011, 03:34 AM
Yea, and I'm not terribly far from Fighmaster, BUT would you recommend getting the class up to 20?

DuSTiNNNNN
Mar 21, 2011, 03:52 AM
Yea, and I'm not terribly far from Fighmaster, BUT would you recommend getting the class up to 20?

Since you're a 180 you should have more than enough atp at FM level 1. When I did it on my 119, my FM was a 20, but I was a male Human so you shouldn't need to get it up very far...if at all.

Ethateral
Mar 21, 2011, 07:24 AM
Heh, you can do Road to Rykros 2 as a Masterforce just fine as well. :P

BIG OLAF
Mar 21, 2011, 09:31 AM
It seems that the requirements for getting the two materials for the Edel weapons were centered around Fighmaster (at least For Brighter Day 2 is). While that is extremely unfair, that's just how it is. I refuse to play as a Fighmaster, so I'll probably never get my Ely Sion. I don't really care, though.

NiceOnes
Mar 21, 2011, 10:50 AM
Protranser. If you don't have a FM (As was the case with me when I was getting my Edel), protranser is another "easy" option. Using EX traps alone I was able to complete it after about a dozen tries.

Peep the link below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd_kkGYDo8g&feature=player_embedded

Good luck!

TheAstarion
Mar 21, 2011, 11:06 AM
The Protranser method has the nice bonus of not needing a fully levelled class. A lv1 Protranser does the same damage per tick with their EX traps as a lv20. A couple of pals of mine saw that video and tried it for themselves with never more than a few seconds to spare.

Personally I did Road to Rykros on my Fighmaster using Tornoobo Dance for transportation and big dudes and Majarra for the Golmoros and such. For Brighter Day, however, is a lot easier as a CAST Gunmaster or Fortegunner, as the guys in the last block have so much evasion that only the CASTs have enough accuracy to drop them in one shotgun burst (even with a red/knight).

Then my Sion ended up at 2/2 during a grinding boost. I suck at grinding. Didn't care so much, as this was before the Guardians Cash Repair system was confirmed to be never coming out for us.

xmoonprismpowerx
Mar 21, 2011, 09:42 PM
OMG! THANKS! I have a level 20 protranser XDD Yay! I'm gonna try that method!

<3 <3 <3

NiceOnes
Mar 21, 2011, 11:01 PM
The above poster speaks the truth. It is "easy" once you get it down pat. Took me a while to nail it but now I can get it 3/5 I would guess... But never more than a couple seconds to spare. I think my best was 13:56!

GL!

Krltplps
Mar 22, 2011, 12:15 PM
We're......never getting cash repair? :(

BIG OLAF
Mar 22, 2011, 12:17 PM
We're......never getting cash repair? :(

We're never getting cash anything.

xmoonprismpowerx
Mar 22, 2011, 09:00 PM
Alright guys! I got the Edel Harp. I followed the video and did it as a protranser... THANKS SO MUCH. Now I get to tackle the Brighter Day mission. Anyone have an videos for that one? :P

Ethateral
Mar 22, 2011, 10:13 PM
I had to do it on my CAST FM, since Karen didn't want to work with my MF after 250+ runs. I did it on my FM on the second run. :l

xmoonprismpowerx
Mar 22, 2011, 11:07 PM
I had to do it on my CAST FM, since Karen didn't want to work with my MF after 250+ runs. I did it on my FM on the second run. :l

I'm on my cast GM and trying to shotgun the heck out of everything. But Karen seems to love dying at the Carriguine part. Ugh. XD Oh well, this'll probably easier than the Road to Rykros one

Ethateral
Mar 22, 2011, 11:22 PM
I'm on my cast GM and trying to shotgun the heck out of everything. But Karen seems to love dying at the Carriguine part. Ugh. XD Oh well, this'll probably easier than the Road to Rykros one

Road to Rykros is easier. A Brighter Day 2 requires luck, since Karen loves hugging the Carriguines or the Megid turret. >_>

xmoonprismpowerx
Mar 22, 2011, 11:32 PM
Road to Rykros is easier. A Brighter Day 2 requires luck, since Karen loves hugging the Carriguines or the Megid turret. >_>

:( That sucks to hear. I mean, the time isn't a factor. It's alllllllll about Karen. -=shakes fist=-