PDA

View Full Version : What race can be the best Hunter?

HUcast Omega
Mar 22, 2011, 12:53 AM
I've looked over different races as to which was the best as a Hunter. I'm kind of a narrow thinker and I'd like other opinions about it. I think HUcasts are the best due to the fact that they have HP regen, can see traps without a need for Trap Vision, and they have the best Attack, Defence and HP out of all classes. What race and why makes the best hunter possible?

Seth Astra
Mar 22, 2011, 12:58 AM
TBH... The Trap Vision point is moot, since the item is rediculously cheep (and money matters not in anything resembling late game), and it lasts... Not sure exactly how long, but you shouldn't need more than two per run, unless you return to town a lot.

Personally, I prefer HUnewm. PP regen is a great blessing that's too easily written off. That plus Newmen having the best PP of the hunters means that I almost never have to worry about not having the PP for a PA or Resta.

Chaos Rappy
Mar 23, 2011, 05:06 PM
I prefer the Newman hunters. The high PP for PA usage with the newman PP regeneration makes them quick killers without the need for reinforcement from massive amounts fluids. Their high evasion also makes them tough to kill from physical attacks, and fairly difficult to interrupt chains of attacks. they may not have the best attack powers, but they have decent accuracies, and they're exceedingly versatile in the battlefield, with such a wide array of weapons that they can actually use, such as Kerykeion, Neidaryl, and the Gigas Romulus, along with females of which can use the Rika's Suit, the armor with the highest evasion (which only helps their already enormous evasion become even better).

To be honest, I hardly saw many reasons why I wouldn't prefer a Newman hunter over the other races... if any at that, besides the somewhat meager attack, defense, or HP differences between them and the CAST and Human hunters, but those were very little trade-offs for the high Newman PP, PP regen, and high EVP.

Broken_L_button
Mar 23, 2011, 07:29 PM
For me, it's a tie between the Newmen and Cast hunters. Newmen hunters are versatile fighters that can adapt to any situation and fighting style. Casts, well, I obviously love them because of the raw power, excellent accuracy and robot look. Though, they'd get MUCH more love from me in this game if the traps could be activated with a ranged weapon like in PSO. Setting a trap and having to stay around that area to keep the enemy from wandering away from the trap's area of effect irks me a lot. Still, in this game, I like both my Casts and Newmen.

cease_fire
Mar 24, 2011, 05:12 AM
I only play cast hunter class ..So human hunter not an adapt hunter class?? I always though they are adapt class cuz the have balance ATP , DFP and EVP

XxGoregrinderxX
Mar 24, 2011, 07:47 AM
I would go HUmar (Human) or HUcast.

I'm a RAcast in PS Zero.

Galax
Mar 24, 2011, 08:50 AM
What use is built-in Trap Vision if you can buy a stack of 10 for 500 meseta? A single Trap Vision lasts the entire mission, unless you're doing a quest with cutscenes; Cutscenes disable it. Then just use another. I've never run out of trapvisions for a quest. Newms also have the PP regen, yes, and the ability to use an effective resta when hurt.

Mustache
Mar 24, 2011, 12:32 PM
I agree with Newman Hunters. Although I will go a step farther, I find Female Newman's to be superior in all the aspects considered when looking at the advantages of a Newman Hunter as a hole. The high amount of PP makes them favorable for me to utilize PA, Shifta, Deband and have the most effective Resta of any Hunter class. As a Female you also have higher attack ACC, which can be a problem when using Newman anything. Although it's probably smart to subsidize some hit on to your mag it's a good start to have the natural boost. The all around biggest advantage of choosing a Female over a Male here is the use of Rika's Suit, arguably the best armor in the game.

All in all I can tell you that I wish I started with a HUnewearl and not a Humarl.

HUcast Omega
Mar 24, 2011, 06:17 PM
I want to thank you all for your input. I've started a female Newman Hunter and will hunt gear with my Lv. 85 HUcast. If any of you have gear hunting tips, please PM so I can get a good start on my Newman. Thanks again for all of your input, but please continue to post. I'd like to hear more opinions about it!

Apostosis
Mar 24, 2011, 07:28 PM
well chose a hucast or a hunewearl, it depend if you want a tank or a evasive machine. Make something that make you feel cool will playing.

Clavat99
Mar 28, 2011, 11:50 AM
It all depends on how you want to play, there is no "best" at being a hunter. HUcasts are good for dps/tank, HUmars are good for dps and have some techniques, and HUnewms are good for combining Magic with dps. So it depends on: do you want to play All attack/defense, balance of attack and magic, or mostly magic.

GHNeko
Mar 30, 2011, 02:15 PM
HUmar all dai, erry dai.

The most versatile class that can pretty much switch builds on the go. HUmars become really effective when you carry a good array of stuff on you.

MST/ATP Mag/Mat build HUmar pretty much means you can dooo errrrryting with at the drop of a hat.

Long Range, Support/Heal, Close Range. Alll set son.

Anyone who sleeps on HUmars have yet to play with me.

leviayurashyguy
Apr 1, 2011, 01:50 AM
In terms of damage, CAST Hunters excel over all other Hunters and have the best weapon selection.

Newman Hunters have the highest stat total and are the most versatile of the Hunters. They also sport the highest evasion of all the classes and have their own special niches.

Human Hunters have it the worst since their ATA is the lowest of the Hunters. They have better weapon selection than Newmans but CAST have it better than Humans. Their techs are really crappy as well.

GHNeko
Apr 1, 2011, 03:32 PM
The ATA issue can be compensated in multiple ways. Weapons, Mats, Mags, Slots or w/e.

ATP can also be compensated by Shifta (not looking at groups) while Casts cant do that period.

Then you have a significantly higher PP pool allowing Human HU to use PAs far more often and far more efficiently.

And since they can use Techs, they can spread out items far more evenly and make them last longer giving Human Hunters, imo, longer "endurance".

I say endurance in the sense they can last far longer and tank better in various situations. They also have to restock far less.

They're can also do support well. Not as well as Newman Hunters, but far better than CAST hunters.

I believe Human hunters should not be built solely around ATP/ATA because then they get out classed in everything they're capable off. They should be spread out more evenly so they perform better in all cases making them more valuable than a focused build.

leviayurashyguy
Apr 1, 2011, 07:32 PM
Seems you're misguided. Human Hunter techs are really REALLY bad. 110 Resta or 80 Foie is terrible by all standards. Not to mention they don't have access to high tier Rods, yeah they sure are versatile...

Human Hunter PP is negligible. Have you heard of items? They are cheap, abundant, and can be stocked before every run, especially for a Human Hunter whose Resta is atrocious. Unless you or your party members just really suck at the game, it's literally impossible to burn through 1900% of you PP in single instance. HUCAST can't do that so why should I expect HUmar? Not to mention the items you will find throughout the run.

Shifta is negligible. The main focus of the game is the party. In a party setting, if one has Shifta, the party has Shifta. If you play with crappy players that don't share their Shifta, I suggest you find another group. Hell, even Kai shares his Shifta.

HUmar has no place spreading their stats. If they go full ATP/ATA they get outclassed by HUCAST sure, but if he spreads his other stats, he then get outclassed by HUnewm.
Wanna try EVP? You're worse than a HUnewm.
Wanna try MST and no Rod? You're worse than a HUnewm.
Wanna try some ATP/EVP/DFP/HP/MST? You're worse than a HUnewm that decided to specialize.
Their higher ATP is what makes them better than HUnewm. There's no shame in being second best, but there is shame in being the worst.

HUnewm has higher EVP and HUCAST has higher HP/DFP, how the hell is HUmar a better tank? HUCAST has Burn traps which are exponentially better than a Human Hunter's Foie, how is HUmar better support?

Clavat99
Apr 4, 2011, 10:58 AM
Okay, if you want to know about a tank, then HUcast. No other class has the tanking potential of a HUcast. Highest HP and one of the highest DFPs, and if you combine that with mats and mags, you get Survivorman. They also have the potental to be the best DPSer in the game, depending on your build.

ARChan
Apr 4, 2011, 07:01 PM
I'll flat out say these for each HU race:

-Human: Allows variability of material consumption, thus the ability to make a pseudo-RA/FO but not preferred to make a pseudo-FO.
-Android: Allows the use of stronger ranged weapons and the ability to see traps, thus a suitable RA-esque figure.
-Newman: Allows the effective use of PAs and techs, making for prolonged PA spamming.

Clavat99
Apr 22, 2011, 01:04 PM
I'll flat out say these for each HU race:

-Human: Allows variability of material consumption, thus the ability to make a pseudo-RA/FO but not preferred to make a pseudo-FO.
-Android: Allows the use of stronger ranged weapons and the ability to see traps, thus a suitable RA-esque figure.
-Newman: Allows the effective use of PAs and techs, making for prolonged PA spamming.

ummm...i think he wants to play a hunter not a hybrid.

CASTs (as they are called, not androids) do NOT have acess to good ATA weapons. Thats a RAcast that can get them. Newmans have acess to better ATA hunter weapons than catss.

Material consumption is BS, all races have it pretty much the same, and Humars cannot be a FO in any sense

chibipocky15
May 7, 2011, 08:32 PM
I played the Human Force abit, even thought I just got the game today, In my opinion a race's importance depends on how well theyre good at assisting others and themselves, so I think that ones the best :)

Clavat99
May 9, 2011, 09:54 AM
I played the Human Force abit, even thought I just got the game today, In my opinion a race's importance depends on how well theyre good at assisting others and themselves, so I think that ones the best :)
FOmars are completely typical for a human. Well balanced, with SLIGHTLY higher stats in whatever class they are. (in FOmars, that stat is mtp). In my experience with playing as a force, FOmars are very odd balled. Its like they were making another HUmar, but then realised they needed to make a FO and didnt completely redo the class. YEs FOmars have magic, yes FOmars have decent surviveability, but no, they are not effective in their class. Any veteran player will tell you that humans are complete wastes of time, unless you suck at the game and never get better since they are so geared toward newbies. I never liked the humans, since they are so balanced in all of their classes that no matter what class you pick, you are essentially playing all the others at the same time, making it very boring. the only real distinguishable difference between human classes besides appearance is weapons, but even then that dosnt really matter untill your higher levels. a FOnewm is the best possible choice for FO's since they have highest MTP, highest PP and have access to the best magic-stat weapons in the game.

sorry for my ranting lol