PDA

View Full Version : New Payment System idea

Wang My Getsu
Mar 22, 2011, 09:43 PM
Though I enjoy PSU I do not enjoy the way the subscription is paid for.As we all know the payment for your Gardians Licience is automatically withdrawn from your credit card.While this method is solid I believe that their should be different option than just this.What I propose is ,that along side the automatic payment per month, that there should be an option to pay for x amount of months.Another addition,for the Xbox Live users anyways, would be the option to use microsoft points instead of a credit card.I believe that this will make the payment more flexable and would convince more people to play.

Tell me what you think.Sorry if its a little hard to understand.

I'm gonna propose this idea to sega.You guys think the idea is solid enough?
Anyone know how I should try to get this to?

Anon_Fire
Mar 22, 2011, 10:12 PM
Microsoft Points should have been used in-place of GUARDIANS Cash, but heck.... Microsoft wouldn't allow it.

Wang My Getsu
Mar 23, 2011, 08:38 PM
Microsoft Points should have been used in-place of GUARDIANS Cash, but heck.... Microsoft wouldn't allow it.

they allow all the other stuff for phantasy star universe to be purchased with microsoft points.why not a gardians licience?

Ishia
Mar 23, 2011, 08:54 PM
Because those are not reoccurring payments.

Wang My Getsu
Mar 23, 2011, 09:16 PM
Because those are not reoccurring payments.

what do you mean?

Juggernaut29
Mar 24, 2011, 07:06 PM
Wow, you don't understand the word re-occuring? I don't think you're the guy to deal with SEGA on this issue... Sorry

Wang My Getsu
Mar 24, 2011, 09:23 PM
Wow, you don't understand the word re-occuring? I don't think you're the guy to deal with SEGA on this issue... Sorry

i know what re-occuring means.im talking about if the problem with using microsoft points is that you cant use them on the same thing multiple times.if its that then it shouldnt be a problem since halo 3 had extra content that you had to renew after a certain amount of time.no offense taken btw just try not to misinterprate my sentences.

Ishia
Mar 24, 2011, 09:36 PM
When you buy a GUARDIAN's License, it automatically deducts $10 from your Credit Card every 30 days. The Halo Fileshare thing wasn't a reoccurring payment, for when you paid for it, it allowed you access to an upgraded fileshare for a limited time. When it expired, you paid for it again.

Paying with Microsoft Points for a reoccurring payment is simply not possible.

Amaury
Mar 24, 2011, 09:42 PM
No, no, and no!

Wang My Getsu
Mar 24, 2011, 09:48 PM
When you buy a GUARDIAN's License, it automatically deducts $10 from your Credit Card every 30 days. The Halo Fileshare thing wasn't a reoccurring payment, for when you paid for it, it allowed you access to an upgraded fileshare for a limited time. When it expired, you paid for it again.

Paying with Microsoft Points for a reoccurring payment is simply not possible.

thank you for clarifying.however, if you read what i typed(unless i forgot to type it in that case sorry).i suggested a form of payment that is not automatically deducted.a form of payment similar to how membership with the xbox works,which you have the option to renew manually.for example you pay for 5 months of a psu subscription up front,you wouldnt have to pay for those 5 months but when those 5 months are up you wouldnt have a membership until you pay again for X amount of months.

Ishia
Mar 24, 2011, 09:56 PM
I think you could do something similar to that for the PC/PS2 server, but this is Xbox Live, so nothing is simple.

Wang My Getsu
Mar 24, 2011, 10:12 PM
I think you could do something similar to that for the PC/PS2 server, but this is Xbox Live, so nothing is simple.

of course not.but it wouldnt hurt to try.i honestly would rather pay in a similar way to xbox live than what they have right now.i just wonder what that one guy was on about saying no,no,no ;theres nothing really to be displeased about in this topic

Jin wonder
Mar 25, 2011, 07:34 AM
Right on! yea i been wondering about how the payment method should be different at least so that it could appeal to more people out there, get the game some exposure. But i dont know, i like the idea i really do but i dont know if SEGA is going to, they probably wont even read this lol

Justyn_Darkcrest
Mar 25, 2011, 07:54 AM
First off, I think you're right in that this method would appeal to more people out there and possibly even bring more people to the servers, that said, I don't see this ever happening.

The major issue here is that for us to use MS points, (all other subscription issues aside), Sega would either have to loose money on the sub fee, or have the cost be higher than the $9.99 equal in points just to keep up their income, since part of the sale of points would go to MS in the first place.

Add to that the fact that you can buy MS points at stores as well, it would require Microsoft to pay Sega every time the points were used for the sub fee as well, and since there are promotions that give free MS points, I just don't see this happening.

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to write them a letter requesting the change, you never know, they might just surprise us all.

Wang My Getsu
Mar 26, 2011, 11:27 AM
First off, I think you're right in that this method would appeal to more people out there and possibly even bring more people to the servers, that said, I don't see this ever happening.

The major issue here is that for us to use MS points, (all other subscription issues aside), Sega would either have to loose money on the sub fee, or have the cost be higher than the $9.99 equal in points just to keep up their income, since part of the sale of points would go to MS in the first place.

Add to that the fact that you can buy MS points at stores as well, it would require Microsoft to pay Sega every time the points were used for the sub fee as well, and since there are promotions that give free MS points, I just don't see this happening.

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to write them a letter requesting the change, you never know, they might just surprise us all.

its a long shot but it never hurt to try

Justyn_Darkcrest
Mar 26, 2011, 07:35 PM
its a long shot but it never hurt to try

Glad we're all on the same page then.

Wang My Getsu
Mar 27, 2011, 02:37 PM

On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to write them a letter requesting the change, you never know, they might just surprise us all.if microsoft points were to be used they could have one of two outcomes for SEGA
1.more people would play PSU totally surpassing the amount they lose to microsoft with the fee with the larger amount of people playing
or
2.a slight amount of people join the gardians and the people already playing switch to using microsoft points causing them to lose money
im not really sure which is more plausible.but giving the option to use microsoft points would be an a gamble either making or breaking it

Justyn_Darkcrest
Mar 30, 2011, 11:58 AM
if microsoft points were to be used they could have one of two outcomes for SEGA
1.more people would play PSU totally surpassing the amount they lose to microsoft with the fee with the larger amount of people playing
or
2.a slight amount of people join the gardians and the people already playing switch to using microsoft points causing them to lose money
im not really sure which is more plausible.but giving the option to use microsoft points would be an a gamble either making or breaking it

Out of the two scenarios you've listed here, the 2nd one seems more likely since for the first one to succeed, Sega would have to dump some money into advertising, which comes back to the initial problem: money.

Keep in mind this game is 5 years old, and they have other games in the works. At this point it's just a case of keeping the servers afloat while adding content/events every now and then. It just wouldn't make sense for them to take money that could be put toward funding new games, and dump it into a game that's this old.

Again, it would be nice if they switched payment to MS points, but looking at it from a business standpoint, it wouldn't be worth the gamble this late in the game since they'd be risking income they can count on.

Yuicihi
Mar 30, 2011, 02:38 PM
One of the vast sea of reasons nearly everyone ditched PSU after the beta on the 360 was the simple fact that SEGA wanted people to pay for it monthly, on top of the Gold subscription they may or may not already have.

With how far PSU is into it's lifecycle (Somewhere between Life Support and Coffin) and PSO2 on the horizon, I honestly don't see SEGA endeavoring to change anything regarding billing.

str898mustang
Mar 30, 2011, 02:40 PM
wont happen, u pay monthly, end of story.