PDA

View Full Version : AP Optimization for CASTS?

Imatron_
Mar 29, 2011, 04:33 PM
Im a little out of the loop on the AP system, I do know how to earn AP, and in fact have a level 180 cast with 10 AP and Im not sure what to spend it on. How you spend and apply those points however Im not sure. Im also not sure what to spend them on since casts have the lowest number of slots to fill with AP purchases.

I only play as CASTs, and of the three Ive got, two males and one caseal. One male, my fighter/hunter, is the 180 with 10 AP to spend. My favorite weapons for him are daggers, or anything absurdly huge for his size. Hes got almost every job class leveled to 20, the exceptions being techer oriented so in a pinch he's my most cutomizable. I want to spend his AP based around the daggers or melee weapons in particular. Im told If I spend the points on the dagger extension, only do one level in it to get a 42 cap since theres no benefit to having the level 50 dagger PAs. Should I even bother with the PA extension for daggers, or just plain dump all the AP into an ATP boost? Otherwise, what do you guys think is the best way to optimize a male fighter cast with the 10 AP I have?

As for the other two, I dont have an points for them yet but what might you suggest for a caseal gunner cast and a male Techer cast who mostly uses masterforce for solo and Acrotecher for the buffs?

If you use up all your AP slots on Masterforce, does that leave you no space on other classes?

Nereid
Mar 29, 2011, 05:19 PM
Well first, most of you AP is spent on Type Customization, so it's important that you pick a class and stick to customizing it. The only thing that applies to all of your Types are the Styles (Weapon, Shield, Extra).