PDA

View Full Version : USA 360 and JP 360 versions.

SnowfoxZero
Apr 7, 2011, 12:43 AM
Does anyone know if these versions are on the same server? Or are they segregated like the PC?

BIG OLAF
Apr 7, 2011, 12:45 AM
I do believe they're on the same server. Xbox 360 is all one big, international-type of deal.

Ethateral
Apr 7, 2011, 08:37 AM
They're all the same. JP 360 players suffer just like the rest of us 360 players.

Tyreek
Apr 7, 2011, 06:17 PM
I only know one guy from Japan who played on the 360 server. He stopped playing looong ago.

unicorn
Apr 7, 2011, 06:47 PM
They're all the same. JP 360 players suffer just like the rest of us 360 players.

beat me to it. :P

SnowfoxZero
Apr 8, 2011, 03:21 AM
Got it. Thanks for the confirmation.

Ethateral
Apr 8, 2011, 03:48 AM
I only know one guy from Japan who played on the 360 server. He stopped playing looong ago.

Yeah, surprisingly you can find a nice group of JP 360 players still. They actually come out of Universe 16 now to run in Universe 2 or 20 (That Universe is getting popular for some reason...) now. There's not nearly as many, but a good chunk which surprises me.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 8, 2011, 09:14 AM
I never understood why JP players even bother with the 360 version when they have the vastly superior PC version of the game.

Akaimizu
Apr 8, 2011, 09:40 AM
Because it's the PC version of the game, which has surprisingly high hardware reqs for what it actually does. These are folks interested in console experiences as well as some Western ones, but don't want to go all PC for it.

I mean, if it were *ahem* optimized, so that just any old PC would play it, then I'd fully agree. They'd probably should go all PC. Then again, you have a lot of folks who wont bother with Windows.

Anon_Fire
Apr 8, 2011, 05:45 PM
Both US and JP can play together on 360

dias_flac_0g
Apr 8, 2011, 09:43 PM
Because it's the PC version of the game, which has surprisingly high hardware reqs for what it actually does. These are folks interested in console experiences as well as some Western ones, but don't want to go all PC for it.

I mean, if it were *ahem* optimized, so that just any old PC would play it, then I'd fully agree. They'd probably should go all PC. Then again, you have a lot of folks who wont bother with Windows.

You must mean REALLY old PC's cuz any "oldish" pc with a decent graphics card (like a 8600gt) can run the game at max res and max settings.

You can find a card like that for dirt cheap.

I know this from experience.

That said I get what you're saying though. Some people just simply dont give a damn about playing games on pc and I respect that. Plus sometimes you have weird issues with PC games that some people just dont wanna deal with it.

Nothing beats buying a game and slapping that bad boy in the disc tray and start playing right away :)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 8, 2011, 09:53 PM

I mean, if it were *ahem* optimized, so that just any old PC would play it, then I'd fully agree. They'd probably should go all PC. Then again, you have a lot of folks who wont bother with Windows.A shitty PC plays the game better than the 360 does.

Splash
Apr 8, 2011, 10:23 PM
You must mean REALLY old PC's cuz any "oldish" pc with a decent graphics card (like a 8600gt) can run the game at max res and max settings.

I can't agree with this statement because of one thing: integrated graphics card.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 9, 2011, 12:38 AM
I can't agree with this statement because of one thing: integrated graphics card.

Like I said you must mean a REALLY old pc :)

Any crappy PC now days comes with a x16 PCI-E slot. Enough for a very low price card.

You can easily upgrade to a dedicated graphics card. Unless you are COMPLETELY PC illiterate. Anyone can do it.

I dont wanna be rude, but you're a fool if you think you need 2 GTX 580's in SLI, 4 gigs of DDR3 ram, and a core i7 to run PSU properly xDDDD

"A shitty PC plays the game better than the 360 does."

This right here pretty much sums it up nicely and it's straight to the point.

Zarode
Apr 9, 2011, 02:42 AM

Yeaaaaaaaah. Stop buying laptops to game with. It doesn't happen.

Splash
Apr 9, 2011, 04:11 AM
Like I said you must mean a REALLY old pc :)
I highly doubt a PC released in 2010 is actually "old". Also, wasn't referring to a PC in the first place.

Yeaaaaaaaah. Stop buying laptops to game with. It doesn't happen.
I see nothing wrong with doing that, as long it has the correct specs such that a game doesn't lag, which does include having a dedicated graphics card.