PDA

View Full Version : PC Blocked Communication Disaster Story

Mystic_Nessly
Apr 7, 2011, 01:32 AM
So, I've had a JApanese PSU PC account for a while now. I've not played much there since I made the account nearly a year go (after regional PC/PS2 servers were shut down), mostly due to difficulty in finding other English speakers to play with. On a whim, I wanted see how my new laptop runs with this game, so I copied over my Jap PSU install to the laptop and whirl it on. I play for a few minutes, and to my wildest surprise, I encounter another English speaker in lonesome Parum. I was ecstatic.

We made friendly small talk and I gave him/her my card practically instantly. For the short 45 minutes we played, the PSU PC experience for me was alive once again! It really felt like I was back at home. It was heavenly! Little did I know, a small language barrier would kill my chances of ever playing with this person again.

He is new to online PSU and has only played offline PSU (pre-Ambition of Illuminus), so he obviously doesn't know the online-only options such as the Party features/transporting as well as a number of other things. I started demonstrating/explaining/helping him navigate/use some new features/menu options.

-THE 'UH-OH'-
Between missions, I wanted to lead the party so I could get us to a lobby he couldn't access. I explained to him about changing party leaders and gave him directions on how to do so. He followed my instructions...resulting in him sending his card to me. :bored: Opps. Error on my part. So I say something similar to, "try some other options in that same menu."

:-x Bad move Nessly!!! He ended up blocking me, accidentally of course, effectively muting me. I helplessly tried to communicate with him via Partner card private message, sending a message to his avatar and having him follow me to my newly made party which he couldn't join. I was dying for another person in the lobby to show up to help me communicate with him, but Parum was completely isolated. I decided to quickly make a new character in hopes of being able to communicate with him. When I logged on with the new character, his partner card reported he was already offline.

Worst of all is that he doesn't even know there is a communication problem. He probably thinks I just randomly ditched him. :-?

What a letdown. Here I was getting excited about starting another PSU life with a fellow gamer and it was shut down in less than 1 game session.

END OF TRAGIC STORY

Nereid
Apr 7, 2011, 01:51 AM
Yes that can happen, it's quite unfortunate. However, I'd be happy to meet you next time I get on and give you my card!

Shou
Apr 7, 2011, 02:28 AM
JP PSU isn't big enough for two male newmans.

xBULLYDOGG
Apr 7, 2011, 09:15 AM
JP PSU isn't big enough for any male newmans.

Bobby called.

str898mustang
Apr 7, 2011, 11:06 AM
JP PSU isn't big enough for two male newmans.

Yes now stay out of my PSU, lol

Crysteon
Apr 7, 2011, 12:56 PM
Lolnewmans.

10char (I had to say it)