Apr 10, 2011, 05:17 PM
Will Update3rd Come To Xbox360

AND IF SO WHEN

XbikXBd
Apr 10, 2011, 05:28 PM
Will Update3rd Come To Xbox360

AND IF SO WHEN

ok first inb4moveorworselol

2nd:i think that we should just focus on getting Update 2nd and GC weps then we can talk about update 3rd cause i hate when people say that 360 will die way before cause i for a fact know it wont i mean look japan just had a disaster and there updates are still coming. USA is no different as long as people are payin for it ,it wont end. i mean US server has been good this past few months with back to back updates and fixes:argh:..... ok end of rant...:-D

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 10, 2011, 05:29 PM
NOPE.

^This. Even IF they came up with a way to add this to 360, we wouldn't be in line for this update for well over a year. And by that time it's very likely they'll be seriously considering closing the 360 servers anyway.

Sega's running trend over the past 5 years that this game has been out has told us that they have no intention of even putting on the appearance of caring about the regional servers.

XbikXBd
Apr 10, 2011, 05:33 PM
^This. Even IF they came up with a way to add this to 360, we wouldn't be in line for this update for well over a year. And by that time it's very likely they'll be seriously considering closing the 360 servers anyway.

Sega's running trend over the past 5 years that this game has been out has told us that they have no intention of even putting on the appearance of caring about the regional servers.

ahhh i wish there was a dislike button here

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 10, 2011, 05:43 PM
ahhh i wish there was a dislike button here

Believe me I'm not happy about the thought either, and believe me when I say I really hope I'm wrong, I'm just looking at the facts. We're hopelessly behind the JP servers at this point, so it stands to reason that if we all the updates in the same order, then it will be well over a year before we would see this update.

Since PSO2 is slated to release in 2011, most likely a huge chunk of the population will be jumping to that, leaving the 360 side underpopulated.

Granted, anything can happen. This is simply my guess based on the information we know and a lot of speculation on my part which I base on Sega's track record over PSU's lifespan.

Psu5675
Apr 10, 2011, 06:02 PM
WHAT IS Update 2nd AGAIN SORRY

Tyreek
Apr 10, 2011, 06:07 PM
Update 2nd consists of new weapons, clothing and cosmetic changes(ex: height adjustment) to the game. Adding the icing of PSP2 to the cake.

Psu5675
Apr 10, 2011, 06:16 PM
Update 2nd consists of new weapons, clothing and cosmetic changes(ex: height adjustment) to the game. Adding the icing of PSP2 to the cake.

SO IT PART OF THE Supplemental Update

Supplemental Update IS NOT THAT GOOD NOT BAD

Supplemental Update IS WHAT UPDATE3 SHOULD HAVE BEEN

GOD SEGA GET IT OUT

HOW CAN not think update3 is not better then Supplemental Update

Supplemental Update is so bad then you look at update3

str898mustang
Apr 10, 2011, 06:21 PM
maybic

Ezodagrom
Apr 10, 2011, 07:23 PM
The Xbox 360 servers are somewhere between 1 year and 1 year and half behind in updates.
The delay is still getting bigger and bigger.

In other words, don't expect to get the 3rd update before the 2nd half of 2012 (the 360 servers might not even get it before 2013, that is, if the servers are still alive by then).

TheAstarion
Apr 10, 2011, 07:23 PM
WELL AS IT SEEMS to be the style of THE THREAD TO SHOUT RANDOMLY, HERE'S MY loud THOUGHTS.

Since WE AREN'T GETTING GUARDIANS cash at all, confirmed BY the SEGA GMs, it's possible a lot OF THE content Japan has will need TO BE modified, or ignored completely.

Guardians Cash weapons and clothes will likely never be released.
Guardians Cash missions will likely never be playable.
Free Course will likely never be implemented.
Anything requiring Guardians Cash or Service Coupons will not come to the Xbox server.
We MIGHT get titles.
We MIGHT get some of the Update 3rd's content, in terms of new moves and Mirage Blasts.
We MIGHT get a second Entrance per account, complete with another set of characters. Unlikely, as some people pay for two accounts for the privelege of having four dudes.
We MIGHT get Dumans as a playable race. Unlikely, as they'd have been announced for JP PSU already otherwise; it's a pretty big deal to add a race after so long and to do it without any boasting months in advance is unheard of. Look at Perfect World, they were plugging their Tideborn and Earthguard races for almost a year before their game expansions.
We PROBABLY WILL get titles. We won't, however, earn a hundred titles at once for things that aren't currently being recorded (steps taken, De Ragan kills, etc.) but will get them for things that have to have happened (character & class levels).

As for a time scale, we're looking at about 14-18 months behind Japan. RubyEclipse and Edward are saying they're trying their damnedest to get SoJ to remove their THUMBS FROM THEIR ASSES AND LET us have content, and it's working to an extent. The current state of Xbox PSU is better than I could possibly have expected this time last year; I'm pleasantly surprised the servers are still up, and rather happy that the Supdate, Absolute Zero, GBRs in between and 3rd Festa were pretty close to one another, perhaps even closer to one another than in JP. If we're lucky, considering "no update time" is a requirement in games where you essentially pay infinity dollars, they'll limit these periods to maybe two weeks at a time, tops, and we may even catch up slightly quicker than that. Bear in mind, we don't have the GC ONRY updates that a lot of JP players were sour about, most of which were cash gacha and Legacy of Light rotations.

Wall of TEXT, MOST OF WHICH WAS self-justification for paying money to SEGA.

Anon_Fire
Apr 10, 2011, 08:14 PM
We MIGHT get Dumans as a playable race. Unlikely, as they'd have been announced for JP PSU already otherwise; it's a pretty big deal to add a race after so long and to do it without any boasting months in advance is unheard of. Look at Perfect World, they were plugging their Tideborn and Earthguard races for almost a year before their game expansions.

Wrong, this says otherwise. from Phantasy Star Fan Blog

"Dewmans will not appear as a 5th race. They didn’t want to split up the resources of the Phantasy Star team so greatly… since they are doing PC and non-PC games."

padiwac
Apr 10, 2011, 08:16 PM
Believe me I'm not happy about the thought either, and believe me when I say I really hope I'm wrong, I'm just looking at the facts. We're hopelessly behind the JP servers at this point, so it stands to reason that if we all the updates in the same order, then it will be well over a year before we would see this update.

Since PSO2 is slated to release in 2011, most likely a huge chunk of the population will be jumping to that, leaving the 360 side underpopulated.

Granted, anything can happen. This is simply my guess based on the information we know and a lot of speculation on my part which I base on Sega's track record over PSU's lifespan.

They'll only go to PSO2 if it comes to the 360. Most are console game players only. And I think the end of this year or next year at the latest.

Anon_Fire
Apr 10, 2011, 08:25 PM
I don't see this update coming anytime soon.

unicorn
Apr 10, 2011, 09:22 PM
360 is never getting it. So if you want it, switch to JP.

Powder Keg
Apr 11, 2011, 04:15 AM
Doubtful, but it's still a possibility. And a shocking one, it'd be.

There's room for US to catch up because a lot of JP updates around the schedule US is on now, were mostly GC related IIRC. Still, it would be shocking.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 11, 2011, 07:24 PM
They'll only go to PSO2 if it comes to the 360. Most are console game players only. And I think the end of this year or next year at the latest.

I don't think this is true, I know a lot of people that will switch to PSO2 even if it stays PC only, but that's a whole different discussion.

Aside from future releases affecting the population of the 360 servers, we also need to take into account other issues that cause people to quit, most recently the major lag/disconnects that have been going on for awhile now. Just another example of Segas poor customer service.

If they don't start fixing the problems like this quicker, then people will stop paying for the game, and then the 360 servers will be in the same boat as the PC/PS2 servers were prior to shutdown.

There are many other issues that could prevent this update from coming to the 360 (hardware issues for example) thatwould just add to the reasons Sega wouldn't bother.