PDA

View Full Version : Future updates for PSU (English Servers)

ngel of oblivion
Apr 11, 2011, 04:08 PM
Any news if they are planning on adding new weapons like Soul Eater and old PSO Weps? Also the JP servers just got a butt load of PSP2 content added to the PSU JP servers. I doubt the english servers will get them. So if you have any news that would be cool. Thx

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 11, 2011, 06:01 PM
Sorry, my time machine is broken at the moment, so I can't go and check.

ngel of oblivion
Apr 11, 2011, 07:23 PM
Damn and here I though I would get an answer lol XD

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 11, 2011, 07:27 PM
It's still the same as before, last we heard, we are not getting the GC system and they are working on a way to implement the content to the 360 servers.

So no, there is still no new news concerning GC content. Personally, I'm not holding my breath waiting for it either.

ngel of oblivion
Apr 11, 2011, 07:36 PM
Im not either. They dont care about the english servers lol

For GC cant they just put it in like they do all the other weps, put them in a event or somethinmg. They just dont want the US servers to get what JP has. Wouldnt doubt them lol

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 11, 2011, 11:02 PM
For GC cant they just put it in like they do all the other weps, put them in a event or somethinmg. They just dont want the US servers to get what JP has. Wouldnt doubt them lol

True they probably could, but if you look at it from their standpoint, why would they simply give us something free of charge when they could make more money off of it?

I don't believe for one second that Sega is holding back the content simply because they don't want us to have what the JP servers have, since it was the issues with Microsofts points system that was the issue in the first place.

Think of it from Sega's point of view, if they gave us this content for free, then Sega would have to make it free for JP too.

As for them adding them to an event, that would require them to change our servers specifically to alter the drops from what was already established. So basically they would have to put more effort into making less money, which doesn't make sense from a business standpoint, since if we got it as it was meant to be (paying for the extra content), most people would pay the extra cash for it.

The only way I see us getting this, would be if they added it as another expansion that we had to pay a set amount for.

ngel of oblivion
Apr 12, 2011, 12:20 AM
Good point. I wonder how many people would pay for another expanstion? The community has gone up and down over the years and maybe this new expanstion (If they do it) may or may not bring some players. Do you think it would be a good idea?

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 12, 2011, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure how many new players it would bring in, but I do think it would at least draw some old players back that have quit/took breaks.

As for how many ppl would pay for it, I'm sure a good chunk of the 360 would have no issue paying for the extra content (I would). And yeah I think it would be a good idea, I just don't know what technical issues Sega has to contend with, since it would require them to re-write some programming I'm sure.

ngel of oblivion
Apr 12, 2011, 09:16 PM
Didnt they have to re-write- progamming for AOI?

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 12, 2011, 09:47 PM
Probably, only mentioned it as a possible reason for a delay on them releasing it for us.

ngel of oblivion
Apr 13, 2011, 11:07 PM
Would you be intersted in helping a level 39 out with the event? Because no one seems to do B runs its all S and up. If not its cool

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 14, 2011, 12:12 AM
I'm not gonna be on much until tuesday sadly. I wouldn't worry about exp too much though, come friday the new mission will be out and the exp payoff is incredible.

If you're still having trouble finding parties by the end of next week let me know. I plan on leveling up one of my lower chars by then and would be more than happy to help out by then.

You can msg me here or send one to my GT: WizardlyOgre