PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter X Tekken

Tyreek
Apr 12, 2011, 07:11 PM
With Marvel vs Capcom 3 out of the way, Capcom can now focus with Namco on this little baby. And good god the dramatics are awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQ1aCOSQos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSKidYxGzcQ

Taken from Capcom-Unity's Captivate 2011 blog:

We have a ton of new info for Street Fighter X Tekken, including the absolutely stunning cinematic trailer (which you can find after the jump).

The long awaited dream match-up between the two leaders in the fighting genre becomes a reality. STREET FiGHTER X TEKKEN, delivers the ultimate tag team match up featuring iconic characters from each franchise, and one of the most robust character line ups in fighting game history. With the addition of new gameplay mechanics, the acclaimed fighting engine from Street Fighter IV been refined to suit the needs of both Street Fighter and TEKKEN players alike.

Hit the jump for trailers, more info, screenshots, and art!

Features

- Dream match up – Dozens of playable characters including Ryu, Ken, Guile, Able, and Chun-Li from Street Fighter as well as Kazuya, Nina, King, Marduk, and Bob from TEKKEN.

- Real-time Tag Battle – Fight as a team of two and switch between characters strategically.

- Familiar Controls – In SFxT, controls will feel familiar for fans of both series.

- Robust online modes – In addition to the online features from SSFIV, SFxT features totally upgraded online functionality and some new surprises.

The game will be out in 2012 on Xbox, PS3, and PC.

And the current lineup for tonight IS:

Street Fighter:

Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Guile
Abel

Tekken:

Kazuya
Nina
King
Marduk
Bob

Take your bets peoples. This shit is real. And this made my night.

Palle
Apr 12, 2011, 07:51 PM
This is not the Namco x Capcom I've been waiting for.

Hope it works out for the rest of you, though.

Rashiid
Apr 12, 2011, 08:54 PM
I thought this was a joke.
I honestly never even considered this. Looks like a 2 character MvC3, lol.
Power to anyone who wanted this. I never liked Tekken.

Tyreek
Apr 12, 2011, 09:09 PM
What? The game doesn't even look like it plays like MvC3 lol. At most it's stuck on SF4 mechanics. With a little tint of Tekken. Oh well to each his own.

Rashiid
Apr 12, 2011, 09:33 PM
It's just a little surprising tbh. I posted this on my Facebook and my fighting game genre fanatic friends even say they're in disappoint ._.;

McLaughlin
Apr 12, 2011, 09:55 PM
Cinematic trailer looks awesome. Too bad this combines two of my least favorite fighting games.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 13, 2011, 12:29 AM
Juggle Fighter IV: Tag Tournament.

Rashiid
Apr 13, 2011, 06:33 AM
Juggle Fighter IV: Tag Tournament.

Lol, that was my beef with Tekken. It's just a juggle-fest.:-?

Akaimizu
Apr 13, 2011, 09:32 AM
I don't have a particular beef with Tekken. (Except Tekken 4, get behind me you horrible horrible release). I still think that this is really a forced pairing. Really forced. I just don't see Street Fighter being paired with traditional 3D fighting games. The basic combat clashes in a big way. At least, with the other ones, Capcom was either designing the other famous characters in the image and style of Capcom fighters...or they picked another 2D fighter series with a better semblence of compatibility (SNK). But this, from an established 3D fighter series? I don't know. It certainly doesn't get me excited at the announcement of it.

One of the two is going to have to make major concessions from its original style. Because you can't represent a single color White with Black in it. It's going to be one or the other. And that's the correlation I make with some of the basic fight systems. So with that in mind, this may turn out to simply have the other characters (in name) but not playstyle in it. To me, it's more of what's the point?

This is about as outlandish as having Capcom vs. Naruto or Capcom vs. Dragonball when dealing with the established fighting those games are already known for.

Outrider
Apr 13, 2011, 02:40 PM
I don't have a particular beef with Tekken. (Except Tekken 4, get behind me you horrible horrible release). I still think that this is really a forced pairing. Really forced. I just don't see Street Fighter being paired with traditional 3D fighting games. The basic combat clashes in a big way. At least, with the other ones, Capcom was either designing the other famous characters in the image and style of Capcom fighters...or they picked another 2D fighter series with a better semblence of compatibility (SNK). But this, from an established 3D fighter series? I don't know. It certainly doesn't get me excited at the announcement of it.

One of the two is going to have to make major concessions from its original style. Because you can't represent a single color White with Black in it. It's going to be one or the other. And that's the correlation I make with some of the basic fight systems. So with that in mind, this may turn out to simply have the other characters (in name) but not playstyle in it. To me, it's more of what's the point?

This is about as outlandish as having Capcom vs. Naruto or Capcom vs. Dragonball when dealing with the established fighting those games are already known for.

You do know there are going to be two games, right? This one, Street Fighter x Tekken, is going to be a 2D fighter developed solely by Capcom. The second game is going to be Tekken x Street Fighter, a 3D fighter developed solely by Namco.

Plus, this match-up isn't that crazy - Namco and Capcom had a mash-up game in Japan. It was a strategy-RPG (sort of?) called Namco x Capcom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namco_X_Capcom

Shattered_weasel
Apr 13, 2011, 02:42 PM
Lots of people drinking that hatorade.

Akaimizu
Apr 13, 2011, 03:07 PM
You do know there are going to be two games, right? This one, Street Fighter x Tekken, is going to be a 2D fighter developed solely by Capcom. The second game is going to be Tekken x Street Fighter, a 3D fighter developed solely by Namco.

Plus, this match-up isn't that crazy - Namco and Capcom had a mash-up game in Japan. It was a strategy-RPG (sort of?) called Namco x Capcom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namco_X_Capcom

Oh. I had no problem with that Mashup. But it made total sense. A strategy RPG was a great way to take all of their franchise characters and put them together, in a completely neutral gamestyle that could work regardless of who you put in there. I even saw it in action back when it released.

Just saying that this combination of actual fighting game mechanics definitely leaves a lot of room for disappointment. I wasn't questioning the actual choice of characters, themselves.

amtalx
Apr 13, 2011, 03:13 PM
It seems like an interesting novelty, but I'm not sure how it will work as a game. I'd be more interested in Tekken X Street Fighter anyway. The SF fighting system has never done anything for me.

CAMPSO
Apr 13, 2011, 03:26 PM
Looks okay. Now what's gonna be interesting is incorporating SF characters with Tekkens gameplay.

Delete
Apr 19, 2011, 12:54 AM
Its a weird combination I'll admit, but so was Xmen vs streetfighter the very first time I heard that announced. I'm interested to see where this goes.

Akaimizu
Apr 19, 2011, 11:37 AM
And yet, I already explained why the Xmen vs. Streetfighter formula worked. Because Capcom designed all of the fighting animations, the fight systems, and everything for Xmen to Capcom's system before that game released. Since there was no blatantly different Xmen combat system, there was no disparate fight systems for which the divisions came from. Capcom made it up all by themselves. The combat was perfectly compatible because they took a Capcom 2D fighting engine and merged it with.....a similar Capcom 2D fighting engine. Marvel Superheroes (with their street Fighter controls, similar uppercuts, etc) met Street Fighter characters to make that one.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 19, 2011, 02:32 PM
Looks okay. Now what's gonna be interesting is incorporating SF characters with Tekkens gameplay.
Every character gets to juggle. Endlessly. Hadouken spam will be juggle. Shoryuken's will be even more juggle.

Shattered_weasel
Apr 19, 2011, 02:35 PM
And yet, I already explained why the Xmen vs. Streetfighter formula worked. Because Capcom designed all of the fighting animations, the fight systems, and everything for Xmen to Capcom's system before that game released. Since there was no blatantly different Xmen combat system, there was no disparate fight systems for which the divisions came from. Capcom made it up all by themselves. The combat was perfectly compatible because they took a Capcom 2D fighting engine and merged it with.....a similar Capcom 2D fighting engine. Marvel Superheroes (with their street Fighter controls, similar uppercuts, etc) met Street Fighter characters to make that one.

And yet, someone already explained that Capcom is holding the reigns on this. They are taking a Capcom 2D fighting engine and merging it with...more characters.

Akaimizu
Apr 19, 2011, 02:54 PM
True. I guess in this case it's to be expected that the Tekken characters will be reinvented with no connection to how they play in Tekken. I guess this could work out, just be a lot of surprises ready.