PDA

View Full Version : PSU Re-rolling my Characters after Long Hiatus

Sorlin
Apr 17, 2011, 06:36 PM
I've been away for a long time from Phantasy Star and just recently re-rolled my level 28 Acrofighter (I joined late and switched to Phantasy Star Portable 2 when it came out and played that game up to level 90 with my Newman Vanguard) and was wondering if these planned characters are alright.

I was thinking of trying:

Female Beast Fighmaster (Chloe)
Male Human Protranser (Serph)
Female Human Acrofighter (Hilda) (mainly because I enjoyed playing the Acrofighter)
Male Cast Gunmaster (Lucifer)

Nereid
Apr 17, 2011, 06:43 PM
Male/Female CAST is by far the best at every class except Masterforce/Fortetecher, so honestly, just pick male or female and level a CAST and it can play every class.

Ezodagrom
Apr 17, 2011, 07:12 PM
Just play anything you want, unless you're planning on speed running, any character/class combination works. :3

TheAstarion
Apr 17, 2011, 07:32 PM
Human female Acrofighter is the best a human can be; Acro classes get the best racial boosts with humans and the female even gets another stamina point out of it. All in all, it's a great character to have. Some people would argue the CAST in the Acrofighter position for the SUV, however.

As for other classes, a lot of people choose CAST for everything simply because the SUV-weapon is immensely powerful. CAST Protranser, for instance, is an amazing combo that gets its special gauge up with EX traps then lets rip about five times per mission with its SUV.

Don't feel limited to a single class for each character though; it's a long grind to level 180, you'll max out your main class around 60 or so if you play an advanced class, or around 100 if you go straight for a master class. That's a lot of time wasting mission points IMO, so don't be afraid to play around with other classes; if you have gear and PAs you can shuffle those around. I had a Protranser and Guntecher, and for the event I cannibalised them both to equip a Gunmaster, for instance.

Something you may wish to consider is that Beasts have low accuracy, and as a Fighmaster they may have issues with said accuracy. Up close and personal is a bad place to be when you were counting on killing something before it could strike back... and failing to do so. CASTs do slightly less damage (but still more than humans) in melee, and with the added bonus of almost never missing. There are a lot of extremely successful CAST Fighmasters out there, but it seems most CASTs are Gunmasters, most Beasts are Fighmasters, all Newmans are Masterforces and there are no humans because there's someone better for every task.

All in all, it's your account, if you like the flavour of a character then by all means go for it. And in case you were wondering, I'm not a CAST supremacist, my main character is a Beast Wartecher, one of the "worst" classes in the game, and I still do well enough to have fun in every mission, and bring enough to any party to help the team. Even today I was the party buffer and medic, frontline fighter for the majority of the time and suppressive fire when we needed it. If your character, even a "bad" one, can bring something to a party, you'll do fine.

BIG OLAF
Apr 17, 2011, 09:08 PM
Male/Female CAST is by far the best at every class except Masterforce/Fortetecher, so honestly, just pick male or female and level a CAST and it can play every class.

^Disregard this advice unless you plan on Time Attacking (seeing how fast you can complete missions, and compare times with other Time Attackers).

If you're looking to just play the game for fun, then be whatever you want.