PDA

View Full Version : scammers

Unknown Divine
Apr 18, 2011, 05:47 PM
i haave been giving it my all on phantasy star univers i have worked hard for my weapons my red line 17% lightning myt agito repca 7/7 34% fire and my sangeyasha 9/9 35% ground i was selling them to get a new pallete and W a l l i s HD thats his gaMER tag traded me 12 gold bars but lag switched me i now have bo gold bars or my weapons im not asking much just for justice to be delt where it is due i thank you for your time

this is the kinda crp tht makes you quit psu i know i am most likely from this

str898mustang
Apr 18, 2011, 05:51 PM
u do realise u have a shop >_>

come join jp psu

Unknown Divine
Apr 18, 2011, 09:11 PM
obviously but it was 120mill besides i doesnt matter he shouldnt get away with if sega wont do nuthin i will...

Dhylec
Apr 18, 2011, 09:31 PM
obviously but it was 120mill besides i doesnt matter he shouldnt get away with if sega wont do nuthin i will...

Have you reported this to Sega? They can look into this & maybe do something about it. Posting this here won't get your item back.

Ishia
Apr 18, 2011, 10:04 PM
Have you reported this to Sega? They can look into this & maybe do something about it. Posting this here won't get your item back.

Submitting tickets is pointless because they rarely respond to them, and even if they do, they don't usually take action upon them.

Unknown Divine
Apr 18, 2011, 11:30 PM
i dont even know how

Justyn_Darkcrest
Apr 19, 2011, 02:42 AM
Submitting tickets is pointless because they rarely respond to them, and even if they do, they don't usually take action upon them.

While I agree with this 100%, should prpobably be pointed out that posting complaints about ppl scamming you here is kinda pointless, as no one on this site
can do anything about it.

Try going to the official site (www.phantasystaruniverse.com) and locate the support section. The official site is more likely to be able to help you that this one (No offense PSO-World) ^.-

Mystic_Nessly
Apr 19, 2011, 09:15 AM
I'm really sorry for what happened to you, but you really need to be aware that there are people who will try to do this all the time. So many people report scams in forums. Heck, about 1/3 of videos uploaded to Youtube from the Xbox 360 community are "scammer caught red-handed!" type videos. So, be cautious with whom you trade.

As per the advice you requested:

1) Sell anything and everything you possibly can via shop. It's the safest way to "trade." If the other person with the gold bars really wanted your items, he could have easily converted back the gold bars to meseta (at no cost to him, either).

2) For more expensive items (individual) that have values higher than 99 million (can't be purchased in shop), use the PSO-World trade section (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33) or the official forums' trade section (http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?208-Trade-Board). If you find someone from there to trade with, try searching their name in the forum to see if they've made many high priced transactions in the past. If not, or if they've just recently made their account, I'd be wary. Although this method isn't guaranteed to be safe, it's definitely a safer bet than trying to trade with some random person in the lobby.

PathToGlory
Apr 19, 2011, 05:53 PM
sorry to hear that happen to you

RebhtheDark
Apr 19, 2011, 11:46 PM
not the 1st time that guy has scammed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8U745JTlw4&feature=player_embedded

just found this vid ramdomly O.o;

AnonymousHat00
May 2, 2011, 09:22 AM
What you should have done was post those items for sale on these forums. I'm pretty sure that the greater majority of the people on this forum are really good people, and wouldn't scam you.

Afro The Great
May 2, 2011, 09:55 AM
Yes W I L L I S HD is a scammer he needs to be banned. And the sad part is when your selling something that is worth more than max, he will bug the hell out of you. he'll switch chars and try to make you trade. Hes English and yes he has a lagswitch. He didnt scam me tho cause I know how it all works. but he tried i cancelled before he accepted. DO NOT AND I MEAN DON"T TRADE WITH THIS GUY!!!!!

padiwac
May 5, 2011, 04:11 PM
Wallis was banned for stealing peoples accounts.

bloodflowers
May 5, 2011, 07:48 PM
And has been seen logging in on those stolen accounts since, taunting the friends of the person whose account he stole.

Hopefully he will die in a boat fire or car crash at some point. I'd like to think karma eventually catches up with people.

AnonymousHat00
May 8, 2011, 03:41 PM
I like how they made one of the ways of main trade in this game so broken.

Why on earth they thought that putting the "waiting for other person to finalize" window right smack dab on top of the other persons items. Its like and inventation saying "go ahead and scam this person"

Powder Keg
May 8, 2011, 08:33 PM
I like how they made one of the ways of main trade in this game so broken.

Why on earth they thought that putting the "waiting for other person to finalize" window right smack dab on top of the other persons items. Its like and inventation saying "go ahead and scam this person"

Hopefully for the next installments a few key things are added, forcing both players a screen back or a wait time if any items are removed or changed, as well as with changing prices in shops and the gacha.

ThePendragon
May 9, 2011, 02:45 PM
So wait, as long as you are paying attention this shouldn't work right?

Powder Keg
May 9, 2011, 03:37 PM
Yes, unless the person is purposely lagging. This is where it gets tricky, but this guide works relatively well as far as prevention goes.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?343140-Beating-a-Lag-Switch...